The Gun Thread

fotballer

14 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

10.5 upper should be here tomorrow, it’s gonna be my first AR pistol.

On a side note SBR laws are silly as hell. 😂 

When I was in HS I loved reading state legislature to see if I could find loopholes and whatnot. Thought I was gonna be a lawyer some day.

even as a HS student I found plenty of stupid laws that made very little sense, especially involving weapons.

like in Seattle, it was technically illegal for me to carry a fixed blade knife with a blade over 3.5” .... no daggers....

but a spear is OK. As well as a sword (it’s a historical model not a weapon). And a variety of other improvised weapons that would be much more dangerous than a 4” dagger

but no.... it’s the micro dagger that the city of Seattle was worried about. 

then, to top it off, I asked a Seattle PD (I was doing a ride along during college years) about the knife laws in Seattle and he told me he was completely unaware of them.

theyre passing laws for no reason, they aren’t even being enforced lmao 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

When I was in HS I loved reading state legislature to see if I could find loopholes and whatnot. Thought I was gonna be a lawyer some day.

even as a HS student I found plenty of stupid laws that made very little sense, especially involving weapons.

like in Seattle, it was technically illegal for me to carry a fixed blade knife with a blade over 3.5” .... no daggers....

but a spear is OK. As well as a sword (it’s a historical model not a weapon). And a variety of other improvised weapons that would be much more dangerous than a 4” dagger

then, to top it off, I asked a Seattle PD (I was doing a ride along during college years) about the knife laws in Seattle and he told me he was completely unaware of them.

You might have just rode along with an idiot of an officer. Seen plenty myself 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You might have just rode along with an idiot of an officer. Seen plenty myself 

I have too.

but if there are plenty of idiot officers, my point still stands.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dome said:

Knife laws are dumb as hell too.

I’m limited to 2.5 inches (which, as I tell the Mrs., is enormous).

Of course I can literally carry a pistol on my person and an AR “pistol” in the truck, but heaven forbid a 4 inch blade.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m limited to 2.5 inches (which, as I tell the Mrs., is enormous).

Well if I showed my wife a 4” dagger that’s illegal in Seattle, she’d probably say “Well duh, that’s like 8” right?”

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dome said:

but no.... it’s the micro dagger that the city of Seattle was worried about

I spoke to someone a long time ago about that in KC. They said it was more about easily concealed weapons being illegal. The smaller ones are easier to hide and I guess that means criminals won't have them.

23 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I spoke to someone a long time ago about that in KC. They said it was more about easily concealed weapons being illegal. The smaller ones are easier to hide and I guess that means criminals won't have them.

And we all know criminals follow the rules. So I suppose that takes care of that little knife problem. :D

Also: you can have any size folding knife kept in a locked position on a sheath, just like a fixed blade dagger. so the law is a compete facade.

I think it’s put in as a way to trump up extra charges or give reasons to search/detain folks when needed (assuming the cops are even aware of the law lmao)

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dome said:

And we all know criminals follow the rules. So I suppose that takes care of that little knife problem. :D

Also: you can have any size folding knife kept in a locked position on a sheath, just like a fixed blade dagger. so the law is a compete facade.

I think it’s put in as a way to trump up extra charges or give reasons to search/detain folks when needed (assuming the cops are even aware of the law lmao)

We have a winner.