BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Did you say a top 5 WR is worth more than a top 5 QB in this league though?

And I don't know if you've noticed, but I've tried to build a strong team with strong weapons without an elite QB and it doesn't go well.

There are around 15 QB that can win the Bizz Bowl I believe. Brady, Ben, ARod, Brees, Russ, Ryan, Wentz, Rivers, Cam, Luck, Goff, Watson, Mahomes and I could throw in Staff, Cousins and maybe Baker as well. Aside from terrible form (Stafford 2018) or health issues (Cam end of 2018), you can win a title with any of those QBs. If you had this QB and think you lost before or in the playoffs because of QB play, you're not self scouting enough

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I am perfect evidence as to that not working.

Well when you had a bad NFL QB, sure things won't work out too well

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Also AJ Green isn't a top 5 WR anymore mang. Good player, not top 5.

Debatable, and I disagree. I would rank AJ Green 4th personally

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

If you had this QB and think you lost before or in the playoffs because of QB play, you're not self scouting enough

You don't get anywhere close to there without QB play. That's the point. You know that. 

On 2/24/2019 at 2:12 PM, wwhickok said:

Not sure why I haven't mentioned this before however wsr is also in the market to acquire an additional first-round pick if anybody is selling one

My pick will be moved. I'm honestly only keeping it because I like seeing my name in these mocks.

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You don't get anywhere close to there without QB play. That's the point. You know that. 

Definitely. That's why I called you out last year when you offered a 10k multiple year deal to Alex. But the difference between top 5 and top 15 QB isn't that big. Difference between top 5 and top 30 WR is much bigger. Hence top 5 WR has more value imho than top 5 QB

2 years ago I wouldn't have won with Brady in place of a meh Matt Ryan. And vice versa for bcb. Gurley was the difference maker in that game.

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

top 5 WR > top 5 QB in here

Yeah maybe 2 1sts is a bit of an exaggeration. Let's say a 2019 1st plus something that excites me. Form can be diverse.

I agree with this btw. 

Hence why I very seriously rated DK Metcalf as the #1 player in this draft (for BDL not NFL purposes)

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Anyone got a true 3-4 defensive end on the trade block? I'm not looking for a starter necessarily so I'm not opposed to one I'm definitely looking for depth

I might. Shoot me a PM

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

While I'm at it, I will tag people who should be interested.

@samsel23

@pheltzbahr (AJ green is super good in Madden 15)

@RuskieTitan

@WFLukic

@bcb1213

possibly @PR

Whats this?

Been really busy just changed jobs twice in a week have been indulging in all kinds of hedonestic endeavours over the past few weeks hence the quietness. I'll be back soon.

Edited by WFLukic