BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

23 minutes ago, Jlash said:

If the two of you could quit being lazy and stop omitting the name from the new offer that would be great for everyone.

@MD4L for when you bid me up next. 

Also might as well challenge the vagueness on the retirement rules. 

• Retirement party (all year long): if a player announces his retirement from the NFL, he will be immediately cut from a roster.

• Should a player retire at any point in time in real life, BDL  will mirror the individuals IRL status; regardless of the player’s status within the league.  In the event that a player is reinstated, from retirement, suspension or by other means, BDL must have proof of this information from a reputable site such as nfl.com.  Articles from ESPN, SBNation and the likes will not be accepted.  A player simply filing or discussing publicly isn’t sufficient enough.  

At what point does Telvin become "retired" he's all but said the word. 

7 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

@MD4L for when you bid me up next. 

Also might as well challenge the vagueness on the retirement rules. 

• Retirement party (all year long): if a player announces his retirement from the NFL, he will be immediately cut from a roster.

• Should a player retire at any point in time in real life, BDL  will mirror the individuals IRL status; regardless of the player’s status within the league.  In the event that a player is reinstated, from retirement, suspension or by other means, BDL must have proof of this information from a reputable site such as nfl.com.  Articles from ESPN, SBNation and the likes will not be accepted.  A player simply filing or discussing publicly isn’t sufficient enough.  

At what point does Telvin become "retired" he's all but said the word. 

When he files retirement papers? Or when he says he actually retired? He literally says "the day I do decide to call it quits will be in Duval". Meaning he isn't retiring.

Our retirement is exactly that I mean we can argue this all day but Telvin Smith hasn't retired. Until a player in my opinion officially files for retirement I can't imagine did they can be considered a retired player. The only thing Telvin Smith has said is that he is not playing in 2019. Which means in 20/20 he could very well return to football. Forgive me but this seems more like an attempt to get out of a contract then anything else

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

When do FAs get added to our rosters to impact cap space? Or do we just need to maintain a running tally the entire FA period?

If you win the bid they get added.

12 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

When do FAs get added to our rosters to impact cap space? Or do we just need to maintain a running tally the entire FA period?

It should be when you make the bid but players don't get added until you win. I haven't checked last week's stuff because I got back late last night from vacation but will double check stuff today.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

It should be when you make the bid but players don't get added until you win. I haven't checked last week's stuff because I got back late last night from vacation but will double check stuff today.

I am in holidays and haven't updated the last bids from last week 

• Like 1