BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

32 minutes ago, ny92mike said:
53 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

@ny92mike

I think there's an issue with Derek Carr bidding process 

Whats it doing or not doing?

Looks like Whicker put the last bid in but the Clock isn't running and the offer amount/next bid amount aren't showing.

Similarly, but completely opposite, Bobbie Massie and Rodney McLeod (Who's on Philly, not Jac) is on the bid sheet with a running clock and a $450 bid but with no "owner"

Edited by Hockey5djh

2 hours ago, Whicker said:

I have to do way too much work to put in a single bid. And there's actually a negative payoff because then I have to do a lot of that work again just to even find out if someone outbid me.

With the previous system I could check on all my relevant bids on my phone and bid them up accordingly in 5 minutes. With this system I have to find time to sit down and make bids and I'm not understanding why.

You look at your team... it tells you if you got out bid

54 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Looks like Whicker put the last bid in but the Clock isn't running and the offer amount/next bid amount aren't showing.

Similarly, but completely opposite, Bobbie Massie and Rodney McLeod (Who's on Philly, not Jac) is on the bid sheet with a running clock and a $450 bid but with no "owner"

I need to change a reference in one of the formulas to correct this.  Long story short any player 4 digit ID that starts with zero potentially has this issue.  Need to change the reference to look at the name - pos rather than the player id number.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whicker said:

I have to do way too much work to put in a single bid. And there's actually a negative payoff because then I have to do a lot of that work again just to even find out if someone outbid me.

With the previous system I could check on all my relevant bids on my phone and bid them up accordingly in 5 minutes. With this system I have to find time to sit down and make bids and I'm not understanding why.

I think you got this backwards. 

I had to work basically all day until now and couldn't log in. I've probably been outbid on many players and there are probably like 2 or 3 pages of bid since I last logged in. With the forum I would need to go through every post and check what was the last bid on say Carr. Now I just go to my team page, see what bid I need to make and make that bid. 

It's actually imho easier when you can't log on the forums regularly 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I think you got this backwards. 

I had to work basically all day until now and couldn't log in. I've probably been outbid on many players and there are probably like 2 or 3 pages of bid since I last logged in. With the forum I would need to go through every post and check what was the last bid on say Carr. Now I just go to my team page, see what bid I need to make and make that bid. 

It's actually imho easier when you can't log on the forums regularly 

Fine 

IMPORTANT:  This form is not linked to the official shark tank workbook.  This is just to show you guys something that would make it easier on all of us.

So check this out.

Rather than requiring a manual entry of the player name and pos and making sure that it matches exactly.  I've loaded all the names into the form, which we would update when players are added and or removed from the tank.  This wouldn't have worked last year because of the amount of entries being added but it's working now.  

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeU__LTo1y5kzc3EahxWSHf_k5ANTHyJKwRIo4OKYv2F-OxEw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Give it a look and let me know if you guys wanna switch to this as it would prevent a ton of typo issues that we've been dealing with.

• Like 1