BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Meh, Gardner Minshew and Raheem Mostert are examples that there are some gems in waivers.

I think particularly in the early parts of the season when guys are just starting to blow up and show off their skills, there can be some particularly good options available.

40 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Meh, Gardner Minshew and Raheem Mostert are examples that there are some gems in waivers.

I don't know if one or two games is enough to classify as gems  but previous waiver dudes for me 

Matt Milano 

Phillip Lindsey 

Brandon Lindor 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I don't know if one or two games is enough to classify as gems  but previous waiver dudes for me 

Matt Milano 

Phillip Lindsey 

Brandon Lindor 

Preston Williams for me baby. Dolphins suck but he is the lone bright spot. 

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

It's not a compliment I know dam well I will go 0 & 16 I got people who think that they need to comment every time I talk about trades.

It.gets old, fast.

Mostly it just seems you are just looking to trade for trades sake alone. Posting trade blocks every time a new page comes up gets annoying to look at. We know you want to trade away everyone you inherited from the previous owner. Most of the trading in this league happens in the off season when people have cap space. Teams have dialed in their rosters now and are looking to see how the chips fall as this is a marathon and not a sprint.

The main time trade talks will heat up is in October before the trade deadline as the teams that are making the playoffs look for a few more pieces to make a championship run. This early in the season nothing is set. Why trade away valuable assets now if it will hurt your chances of making the playoffs? Waivers should be used to tweak your rosters in the right direction.

I've tried to tell you this in PM's multiple times but you just seem to not want to hear it. And just want to do something now to pick up draft picks for next year or acquire only solid players and anything except 1 year rentals or cap dumps. Why would anyone trade starters at this point in the season?

Last year Hawaii went 0-3 to start, not because of his roster but similar stumbling blocks such as finding your correct Game Plan and Lineup, which people have been trying to be helpful with. He was the last seed in the playoffs and ended up winning the Bizz Bowl last year through attrition, which is how most owners end up doing it.

You've got a star QB, a good OL and a decent offense. You aren't going 0-16.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MD4L said:

I put in a claim on Mostert too as my top pick. Also Garner Minshew.

I personally refer to Waivers as Backdrafting. Later on in the season I try and shoot for guys that will be ERFA/RFA's next season so you get more than one year of control.

It;s all about the roster management.

4 hours ago, Whicker said:

Oh goodness is this where I get to brag about the greatest waiver pick up of all time Adam Thielen?

Davante Adams >Adam Thielen.

2 hours ago, Whicker said:

Gardner Minshew as well

The GOAT no doubt. 

• Like 1