BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

On 2/15/2019 at 11:57 PM, Whicker said:

I'm saddened to see you go. Thank you for the time spent with us, and good luck in your life. Be sure to check in every once and a while

To all of the people who are sad to see me go, thanks. I'll slide in as a co-owner somewhere. 

4 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

**** yeah!!  We just need you to fill out a 4 page application and make a drunken YouTube video **** talking the rest of us.

The hazing rituals were the worst, I still have scars.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

...Sydney Dingos? Can we undergo name changes, lol

.....Ouch. But fair. Welcome to BDL, if you need a co-owner/consultant to help you get acquainted more than willing to offer that. 

• Like 2

Welcome @wwhickok

A couple of advices:

* Feel free to ask questions on anything. We're here to make sure your arrival goes as smoothly as possible.

* You should look, if you haven't done it already, at one of last year's matchup to see how our regular season works.

* When you strike your first deal, and this goes also for @BringinDaPain, don't hesitate to PM some experienced owner to check if the value is correct. Our value system is a bit different here for a couple of reasons (16 team league, contract renewal system mainly)

* Also goes for @BringinDaPain. Owners meeting is about to start. There will be arguing, people quitting and coming back 2 days later, and a bunch of discussion about specific rules you won't necessarily have experience with. Don't be scared about us, you will both be those crazy people soon. And if you need more explanations make sure to PM one of us, or @DingoLadd / @ny92mike as former owners of your teams. I will try to adjust the format to you guys so you can grasp the nuances of each proposal.

Cheers 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

To all of the people who are sad to see me go, thanks. I'll slide in as a co-owner somewhere. 

The hazing rituals were the worst, I still have scars.

.....Ouch. But fair. Welcome to BDL, if you need a co-owner/consultant to help you get acquainted more than willing to offer that. 

I dont hate the name. It goes together and fits your s/n. Definitely could use some advice and guidance getting started. Appreciate the offer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Who has a decent (preferably semi-young) backup QB available?

Surprisingly not a ton of back-up QBs under contract right now. I'd check each team's roster to see if there's someone specific you'd like, if not FA might be the way to go this season.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16x4Niq7iFbnFzL_XbNphuuZZWuLR7NKhkUl3b3detfc/edit#gid=487734034

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Who has a decent (preferably semi-young) backup QB available?

@DingoLadd will confirm you that but off the top of my head you can resign Dak through restricted free agency.

Piece of advice: don't commit too much money on a QB if you don't envision him as a future very good QB. We are in a 16 team league so guys like Flacco, Dalton or Alex Smith are usually available on cheap 1yr deals in the end of offseason. Only backups that command big money in BDL usually are QBs on rookie contracts. I think the only exception is Gotham who has Stafford backing up Wentz.

• Like 2