Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

10 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

We're really going to lose a 4th round pick because of Justin Bethel. Nobody's signing Buck, Maxx, or Urban until after the draft at this point. I'd be surprised if they do.

If it turns out that way, that is a pretty bad miscalculation by DeCosta. Although I wouldn't be surprised if aggressively going after Bethel was Harbaugh's idea.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 1:13 PM, baltimoreRebel said:

I've wanted to add Ansah since the beginning of FA. I believe he's a good fit for us. 

He'll likely be asked to wait until May 7th for us to sign him, so we don't lose our comp pick for Zadarius. 

I think this would be a great move for both parties involved.

Ansah is really good. His problem has been durability. Not so much missing games, more so being nicked up often enough where he isn't close to 100% and being able to make the plays he's capable of. Similar to the stretch Ngata had after getting paid. Not saying it's his/their fault, but that's something to keep in mind. Not just worrying about Ansah's current injury issue. 

3 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Ansah is really good. His problem has been durability. Not so much missing games, more so being nicked up often enough where he isn't close to 100% and being able to make the plays he's capable of. Similar to the stretch Ngata had after getting paid. Not saying it's his/their fault, but that's something to keep in mind. Not just worrying about Ansah's current injury issue. 

Would he play OLB in our defense? Is he athletic enough to do so?

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Would he play OLB in our defense? Is he athletic enough to do so?

Nah, probably a rushing edge strictly. I don't see him handling any kind of duties in space. He's athletic alright but not in the way that I wan't to see his lateral ability on display. Leave that stuff to Bowser and Williams if you have to. 

10 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Agree to terms... my guess meaning not official until after May 7th or whatever the compensatory deadline is.

By getting him to do that hopefully it's a quality deal. The end of the draft can usually create a new market for solid vets.

Titans pick up Urban after drafting Simmons who will miss some games. Interesting.

Edited by DreamKid

3 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Agree to terms... my guess meaning not official until after May 7th or whatever the compensatory deadline is.

I did a quick search and found the Titans have lost 1 player to free agency but signed three (Humphries, Saffold, Wake). 

So signing Urban won't impact the Titans comp picks, because they'll be getting 0 regardless. 

• Like 1