Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I feel bad for PSID. He should have won that game. Bad team got bailed out by RNG.

Not even gonna argue with this.

I also had a pick 6, and a crucial late game fumble recovery. I got bailed out big time. 

56 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I've seen a 3 yard run chew up nearly 30 seconds, yet the Fire go 64 yards in 3 plays under a minute and still kick a FG.

What baloney. Nerf him Nacho

-redacted

Doing my part to fill in for redacted.

You've seen a 3 yard run late in the 4th quarter from a team that is down take 30 seconds? Cause I don't think that should happen.

22 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:
1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

I've seen a 3 yard run chew up nearly 30 seconds, yet the Fire go 64 yards in 3 plays under a minute and still kick a FG.

What baloney. Nerf him Nacho

-redacted

Doing my part to fill in for redacted.

You've seen a 3 yard run late in the 4th quarter from a team that is down take 30 seconds? Cause I don't think that should happen.

So a slight exaggeration for dramatic effect but:

Q4, 0:42, 1st & Goal on the SCR 9: Drew Brees scrambles to avoid pressure and completes to Jordan Howard for 9 yards. Touchdown. Mason Crosby's extra point good. 

Q4, 0:29: Mason Crosby kicks an onside kick! Recovered by the Iowa Jagwads.

Q4, 0:27, 1st & 10 on the IOW 47: Curtis Samuel rushes up the middle for a gain of 3 yards. Tackle made by Stephon Tuitt.
Q4, 0:01, 2nd & 7 on the 50: Drew Brees throws incomplete to the outside. Johnathan Joseph on the coverage. 
End of game.

Scranton foils Iowa in thriller
Score: SCR 30, IOW 27

Iowa was down 10 points, 20-30. Brees gets a TD, onside kick recovered near midfield with 27 seconds left...

3 yard run burns up 26 seconds off the clock, when Iowa was a FG away from tying and Overtime.

Just remembered this moment since it was the early release game. So not quite 30 seconds... but 26 is pretty close.

TE: O.J. Howard (TB)
WR: Doug Baldwin (SEA)
C: Travis Frederick (DAL)
DT: Marcell Dareus (JAX)
OLB: Kwon Alexander (TB)
CB: Brent Grimes (TB)
SS: Eric Reid (CAR)
PS: Jason Verrett (LAC)

Once I take away players I plan to tag and players that wouldn't warrant trading for, there is not much to offer, but still I'm sure teams can find some upgrades here. Not full blown fire sale yet (if 0-3 though... we burn it down) but just know it might be coming, and in the mean time I am looking to trade these guys (whereas in a week or so I'll probably dump them to highest bidder).

10 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

Turning point was early in this game and Alex messed this one up.

Q2, 6:30, 2nd & 5 on the TAC 30: Gus Edwards rushes to the outside for a gain of 3 yards. Fumble on the play, forced by Telvin Smith, recovered by Ronald Darby

Few plays later... on the 7... 

Q2, 4:01, 1st & Goal on the TAC 7: Alex Smith underthrows his receiver, and his pass is intercepted by A.J. Bouye at the TAC 3.

Marshawn already called me up screaming that he thought Pete Carroll wasn’t coaching this team 😒

Overall Alex had a good game and would’ve been great without that one goal line play. 

Just wish I could've scored when I got into the redzone.

18 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Not full blown fire sale yet (if 0-3 though... we burn it down) but just know it might be coming, and in the mean time I am looking to trade these guys (whereas in a week or so I'll probably dump them to highest bidder).

Not even a quarter of the season and you'd be kicking the bucket on any chance of winning?

Tell me, would landing the 1st overall pick instead of fighting for the playoffs really ensure success the following season?

Or would it make more sense, if you view the season as a loss, to tweak with your sliders to figure out what would be the optimal settings for your keeper level players?

Seeing teams throw in the towel before even 4 games played is just disappointing from a competitive standpoint. Sure, the tanking team still has a chance to win a game, but it's just dull and boring and a couple of draft slots isn't going to make or break a franchise.

Archived