Around The League V.2

Totty

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

How many times do I need to repeat myself.  When asked about his feelings about being a Cowboy his first thoughts were the city and the facilities.  I can almost guarantee that Alabama has better facilities than the Raiders.  Dallas and the East Bay are very different.  We have probably lost out on a lot of FAs because of this.  If I had my choice of where to live it would not be the Bay area and would take less money from another team to leave.  People have different personalities but you expect a professional to like a professional.  Our FO better start to take this into account because when we move to Vegas the players environment is going to have a much bigger impact than it does now. For example a player like Aldon Smith or Justin Blackmon would never survive there.

That might be the case for you, but i would be surprised if the Bay area would be at the bottom of the list of all NFL places where NFL players would want to live. I'd say teams like the Packers and the Bills probably have a harder sell on the living in the winter in a small city then selling the idea of living in SF/Oakland area with the Cali climate.

Facilities and stadium, yes i can see that having some impact, but the Bay area i cannot see as an issue.

4 hours ago, Roninho said:

That might be the case for you, but i would be surprised if the Bay area would be at the bottom of the list of all NFL places where NFL players would want to live. I'd say teams like the Packers and the Bills probably have a harder sell on the living in the winter in a small city then selling the idea of living in SF/Oakland area with the Cali climate.

Facilities and stadium, yes i can see that having some impact, but the Bay area i cannot see as an issue.

Only thing that matters is the money. Players go where ever they get the most money. It's that simple. Maybe late in their career if they are chasing a ring they'll get selective, but 2nd contract players will play on the moon if it pays the most.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Ridiculous thinking because he made a freaking jewelry purchase. 

Amari was a good soldier here in Oakland. Hes a premier talent that never once complained about not getting the ball thrown to him for months. 

Well there has to be a reason for his drop in performance.  Everyone typically blames Carr for not throwing him the ball. Perhaps there's a reason he didn't throw him the ball?  You know like maybe Carr knew he wasn't giving 100% and that's why he had so many drops.

Just as valid a claim as any other. Get off your high horse.

5 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Carr said on twitter that a lot of the check downs he made where by design. If this is true then it could be a reason why Coop was unhappy this past season, he knew he was going to be getting very many looks as is.

I'm guessing "by design" is code for our Oline was a mess and we needed to get the ball out quick. Otherwise, if that's the case, I question the offense looking to check down vs. get the ball down field to a playmaking WR? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Broncos move on from Musgrave. Still can't believe how big of a step backwards we took after he was gone.

One of the few that actually liked the job he was doing. What he do that was soo different was it really just a lot Max protections ?

• Like 1

Just now, SimonGruber said:

One of the few that actually liked the job he was doing. What he do that was soo different was it really just a lot Max protections ?

I know we ran the most in the entire league during his time. It blows my mind that we had a top tier O that year and then abandoned a lot of what made it work so well. 

Of course a lot of that had to do with our o-line having career years imo.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I know we ran the most in the entire league during his time. It blows my mind that we had a top tier O that year and then abandoned a lot of what made it work so well. 

Of course a lot of that had to do with our o-line having career years imo.

Chicken or egg? Was the scheme part of why our OL was so effective? Carr had a quick trigger that year too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Roninho said:

I am not saying it is a problem for everyone.  Some people prefer a slower pass or not so condensed.   I live just outside LA county and I enjoy it.  If I was in downtown area I would have to move.  I know plenty of people who feel the opposite.  My issue was Cooper specific and I am sure there have been other free agents that did not like the Bay Area.  It has to feel like home.

19 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Off topic. But isn't it funny how random KC fans suddenly are coming out of the woodwork? Just like Denver and Seattle? Not on FF but real life. I hate people like that

Everyone in LA is a Rams fan now.  My mom is even running around saying it is her team.  I just ask them who their starter is at a random position to get them to stop talking to me about football.  Not my mom though I just let her go off about it.

52 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Chicken or egg? Was the scheme part of why our OL was so effective? Carr had a quick trigger that year too.

Scheme was good for our interior line, Penn was healthy, Carr quick trigger helped everyone, and Howard was at least average.  We are in a transition phase and I hope they make good decisions.  Just wish we would stop jumping back and forth.  We have done the same thing with our entire defense.

How long has it been since the Steelers or Seahawks changed their defensive scheme?

Edited by drfrey13

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Everyone in LA is a Rams fan now.  My mom is even running around saying it is her team.  I just ask them who their starter is at a random position to get them to stop talking to me about football.  Not my mom though I just let her go off about it.

I really don't see that here. I see an occasional jersey or hat or something but it's nowhere near like when I lived near Buffalo or Boston. Heck, I see about as much Raiders gear as Rams. I live in the west side though maybe it's different elsewhere. Though I do despise bandwagoners of any flavor

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Scheme was good for our interior line, Penn was healthy, Carr quick trigger helped everyone, and Howard was at least average.  We are in a transition phase and I hope they make good decisions.  Just wish we would stop jumping back and forth.  We have done the same thing with our entire defense.

How long has it been since the Steelers or Seahawks changed their defensive scheme?

Couldn't agree more. Changing again made zero sense.