Around The League V.2

Totty

Got a text this evening from an old Raider guy who says a beat writer told him the smoke behind a "big move" is from a rumor that the Rams and Raiders are working on a big deal.

His own speculation is that both Fowler and Cooks are involved.

Seems odd the Rams would be sellers right now. But they need to offload Cooks Cap number if they want to resign Ramsey. With Kupp and Woods, Cooks is expendable and they won't get better value for him than they will right now. And, Fowler is a FA at the end of this year... Could have legs, who knows.

I like Fowler and Cooks, just don't even know what to expect as compensation if this goes through.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Got a text this evening from an old Raider guy who says a beat writer told him the smoke behind a "big move" is from a rumor that the Rams and Raiders are working on a big deal.

His own speculation is that both Fowler and Cooks are involved.

Seems odd the Rams would be sellers right now. But they need to offload Cooks Cap number if they want to resign Ramsey. With Kupp and Woods, Cooks is expendable and they won't get better value for him than they will right now. And, Fowler is a FA at the end of this year... Could have legs, who knows.

I like Fowler and Cooks, just don't even know what to expect as compensation if this goes through.

Cooks, ok.  Fowler?  Meh.

27 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Cooks is 2/3 with alot of speed, Worth a 3rd at the most. Fowler is an okay pass rusher nothing elite. Better not be giving up a first,  give them Gabe Jackson and a 3rd for both... 

I wouldn’t mind that trade 

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I wonder if we used Eagles to get a better deal from the texans 

I am not sure about Mayock but we have used zero leverage in trades for a long time.  Wish we could have received a 2nd for Conley in the off-season or at least used him in a trade for Clowney.  I do not like getting a 3rd for Conley and I think Texans fans were not happy about a 3rd for Clowney.  Trade a 3rd for Fowler, a 3rd for Big Cat, a 3rd and Key for Clowney, put them with Hankins, and draft Devin White.

Clowney - Hankins - Big Cat - Fowler

Morrow - White - Whitehead

Mullen - Joseph - Abram - Worley

Defense would still need some work but I like it more.  Would cost around $40-45 million to retain them though.  Nevermind.  I am just spinning my wheels here.

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don't care if we have Hurst and Hall, I would give two 3rds for big cat

So you want 2 give 2 3rds for Leo but only Gabe and a 3rd for Cooks and Fowler. Are you sure you know the players you're talking about? Cooks alone has more value than Leo.

On 10/16/2019 at 10:25 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

I imagine Brandin Cooks will get traded to make room for a massive Ramsey contract. Could be a target for us?

Cooks is a WR2 with elite speed. He looked good when the Rams scheme confused everyone. If cooks is so good why did the Pats and Saints trade him off. Those teams are usually good judge of talent. Leo is a cornerstone and hasn’t hit his prime. I’m not saying he is an all pro but he has potential at an area of need, and has even been a pro bowler in his young career 

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Cooks is a WR2 with elite speed. He looked good when the Rams scheme confused everyone. If cooks is so good why did the Pats and Saints trade him off. Those teams are usually good judge of talent. Leo is a cornerstone and hasn’t hit his prime. I’m not saying he is an all pro but he has potential at an area of need, and has even been a pro bowler in his young career 

But is he better than what the Raiders currently have? With the sample size I’ve seen, the answer is no. Sure he has potential but so do Hurst and Hall it makes no sense to trade assets for something the Raiders already have.