Around The League V.2

Totty

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Cooks is a WR2 with elite speed. He looked good when the Rams scheme confused everyone. If cooks is so good why did the Pats and Saints trade him off. Those teams are usually good judge of talent. Leo is a cornerstone and hasn’t hit his prime. I’m not saying he is an all pro but he has potential at an area of need, and has even been a pro bowler in his young career 

What area of need? 

12 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Got a text this evening from an old Raider guy who says a beat writer told him the smoke behind a "big move" is from a rumor that the Rams and Raiders are working on a big deal.

His own speculation is that both Fowler and Cooks are involved.

Seems odd the Rams would be sellers right now. But they need to offload Cooks Cap number if they want to resign Ramsey. With Kupp and Woods, Cooks is expendable and they won't get better value for him than they will right now. And, Fowler is a FA at the end of this year... Could have legs, who knows.

I like Fowler and Cooks, just don't even know what to expect as compensation if this goes through.

I'm not excited about either of them.  They both play positions of need, but I'm not sure either of them fit what we do. It would all depend on what we had to give up and I'd imagine it would be too much for my liking.

i just hope we dont make trades just to make trades or to fill spots for this season. Yea, technically we are in the playoff hunt, but i would not risk future picks just to put us on the brink of the playoffs. I believe were headed in the right direction, i just hope we are patient so we can build something sustainable. 

Edited by Geezy

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

i just hope we dont make trades just to make trades or to fill spots for this season. Yea, technically we are in the playoff hunt, but i would risk future picks just to put us on the brink of the playoffs. I believe were headed in the right direction, i just hope we are patient so we can build something sustainable. 

100%.

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

i just hope we dont make trades just to make trades or to fill spots for this season. Yea, technically we are in the playoff hunt, but i would not risk future picks just to put us on the brink of the playoffs. I believe were headed in the right direction, i just hope we are patient so we can build something sustainable. 

We have the cap and ability to trade for some high priced players and soon to be FAs but I only trade for players I am going to sign to an extension.  I do not want to trade for anyone that is going to be a FA next year without them agreeing to a new contract.

16 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We have the cap and ability to trade for some high priced players and soon to be FAs but I only trade for players I am going to sign to an extension.  I do not want to trade for anyone that is going to be a FA next year without them agreeing to a new contract.

right, im only trading for players who will be part of this team moving forward, not just pick up players. We arent in win-now mode, or at least we shouldnt be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

They need a QB

The guy is 25-6 as a starter, is missing a lot of peices on O, and is 6-0 after coming back from a torn ACL.  If we measure his adversities against Carr I think we might need to hold off judging him right now.  Hes had great coaches and defenses his entire career also.