Around The League V.2

Totty

13 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Anyone else wonders what the team with the much better linebacker situation than ours saw that the we didn't? I wonder why their defense is elite and ours isnt? 

Did anyone else wonders why 31 other teams didn't sign him? Like maybe they watched his tape the last couple years and agree we shouldn't overreact to a preseason game. 

15 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Anyone else wonders what the team with the much better linebacker situation than ours saw that the we didn't? I wonder why their defense is elite and ours isnt? 

Some teams value defense and actually stopping the opposing offense others like us value offense and out scoring teams. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Did anyone else wonders why 31 other teams didn't sign him? Like maybe they watched his tape the last couple years and agree we shouldn't overreact to a preseason game. 

32 teams Passed on tom brady for 5 rounds and 31 teams passed on him ultimately 

23 teams passed on aaron rodgers 

31 teams passed on marcus peters this year 

Teams pass on players. The question I was asking was what is it about teams that have better players at the positions need that we do go and get players that we have opportunities to get?

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Everyone wants to talk about Carter while missing that the Eagles got Nolan Smith at 30 when he has top 10 talent. Guys is going to be a household name in short order. 

So they got the best player in the draft and another top 10 level talent. Almost like Howie knows what he's doing. Dave Zeigler should take some notes, if he's the most talented player on the board, at a position of need, you should probably draft him.

Even signed my boy Reddick who you told me was mid a couple years back. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@Frankie2Gunz@Humble_Beast@Jeremy408

Was this because he needs better weapons or because he needs a top 2 defense???

The awesome part about this year is that we're going to actually see what many of debated for the last five or six years. Literally but in the same way that Garoppolo throwing a lot of interceptions in practice doesn't prove that he's a bad quarterback. One Khalil Mack Pass Rush at practice that led to an interception does not prove anything about Derek Carr. 

Lets wait till we see it in the actual games.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Miles jacks retired?

I’ll give y’all lb haters props for that

No need to call people haters. We just watched the guy play the last couple seasons and could see he was washed. He was all name at this point. 

Cunningham - Texans gave him a 4 year $58 mil extension, then cut him after 1 season. Partly because he was late to meetings, etc. and didn't fit their expectations. Titans claimed him. He played in 6 games and had 24 tackles and they cut him for cap purpose. 

He can't cover to save his life. He's suppose to be good in run support, but struggled their in Tennessee. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wonder what will come of Kyler. He's out for the season and the Cards are going to be baaaaad. I think they'll be in a prime position for a blue-chip QB and trade Kyler. That cap hit is going to be rough though.

They’ll have to add picks for someone to take on that salary 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

No need to call people haters. We just watched the guy play the last couple seasons and could see he was washed. He was all name at this point. 

Cunningham - Texans gave him a 4 year $58 mil extension, then cut him after 1 season. Partly because he was late to meetings, etc. and didn't fit their expectations. Titans claimed him. He played in 6 games and had 24 tackles and they cut him for cap purpose. 

He can't cover to save his life. He's suppose to be good in run support, but struggled their in Tennessee. 

Cunningham also coming off a injury iirc

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wonder what will come of Kyler. He's out for the season and the Cards are going to be baaaaad. I think they'll be in a prime position for a blue-chip QB and trade Kyler. That cap hit is going to be rough though.

If they trade him after June 1st it's only a 13m cap hit, add in a rookie QB you won't have that much tied up in the position. Probably Kyler and a 3rd for a 1st because that contract.