Around The League V.2

Totty

Just now, NYRaider said:

It's just hilarious to see Carr in an infinitely better situation blow it.

Our QB situation isn’t any better. I think most would agree it’s actually worse. Our offense still hasn’t put up 20 points this season.

But yeah, Carr isn’t playing well. At all.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Our QB situation isn’t any better. I think most would agree it’s actually worse. Our offense still hasn’t put up 20 points this season.

But yeah, Carr isn’t playing well. At all.

Jimmy's noodle arm has really limited what we're able to do offensively for sure. If we had a good QB I think our offense would be pretty damn good. The defense has really stepped up this year, despite having meh talent, Graham has really helped them take a step forward this year. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy's noodle arm has really limited what we're able to do offensively for sure. If we had a good QB I think our offense would be pretty damn good. The defense has really stepped up this year, despite having meh talent, Graham has really helped them take a step forward this year. 

If there’s an award for DCs, he should get it. Graham is good.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Saints have a bad OL. Makes no sense to go cheap on OL with DC. 

That Oline was seen as one of the tops in the league coming into the season even though they have regressed Carr is still Carr. 

Watched the who game and yesterday was the full Derek Carr experience:

• 354 yards on 50 pass attempts
  • Nice 34 yard strike for a TD
  • CB dropped a pick 6
  • Cornball overly dramatized "injury" moment where someone barely hit him. 
  • 3 red zone trips - No TDs
    • Twice in the red zone with a chance to tie
      • Drive stalled at the 11
      • At the 15, failed 4th down conversion
  • Got lucky on a deep pass the CB should have picked to set up final drive
    • Ball on the 24
      • Houston sends blitzes and Carr throws up a prayer 4 times needing only 10 for a first
        • Throws game ending interception

Carr is 11 of 25 in the red zone (44%). Inside the 10, he's 3 for 11 (27%), 2nd worst in the league. 

But he did give us whatever this was:

• Like 2

Jameis Winston - 4 mil a year, everything is his fault. They need a better QB

Derek Carr - 100 mil gtd. The Oline is bad, the OC is terrible, the play calling sucks. 

New Orleans getting the full Derek Carr experience right now. He's the antithesis of what happens when you pay a mid QB lots of money. Someone will always try to apologize for it. Watching Saints fans faction off into pro-Carr/anti-Carr groups this quickly is really something to see. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Derek Carr - 100 mil gtd. The Oline is bad, the OC is terrible, the play calling sucks. 

New Orleans getting the full Derek Carr experience right now. He's the antithesis of what happens when you pay a mid QB lots of money. Someone will always try to apologize for it. Watching Saints fans faction off into pro-Carr/anti-Carr groups this quickly is really something to see. 

You see Tyrod Taylor play last night? Dude looked better than either Carr or Jimmy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I need to see this lmao

57 minutes ago, NickButera said:

You see Tyrod Taylor play last night? Dude looked better than either Carr or Jimmy. 

He did. I've always been a fan. He's a guy who doesn't make a lot of bad decisions and can win some games. Giants should give him the starts. 

I'd imagine there are a couple backups out there who could do more with the assets afforded Jimmy and Carr. Brissett being one of them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That Oline was seen as one of the tops in the league coming into the season even though they have regressed Carr is still Carr. 

Watched the who game and yesterday was the full Derek Carr experience:

• 354 yards on 50 pass attempts
  • Nice 34 yard strike for a TD
  • CB dropped a pick 6
  • Cornball overly dramatized "injury" moment where someone barely hit him. 
  • 3 red zone trips - No TDs
    • Twice in the red zone with a chance to tie
      • Drive stalled at the 11
      • At the 15, failed 4th down conversion
  • Got lucky on a deep pass the CB should have picked to set up final drive
    • Ball on the 24
      • Houston sends blitzes and Carr throws up a prayer 4 times needing only 10 for a first
        • Throws game ending interception

Carr is 11 of 25 in the red zone (44%). Inside the 10, he's 3 for 11 (27%), 2nd worst in the league. 

But he did give us whatever this was:

You missed when he threw essentially a check down to kamara on 4th down 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Oh right, he had that play he threw the ball 5 yards behind the LOS on 4th and 4.

I have to say since hurting his shoulder he hasn't looked good at all. I can acknowledge that much. I was expecting much more from him in NO. Curious to see how their season plays out.