Around The League V.2

Totty

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You guys said he's better than LaPorta and Kincaid...

Not me before the draft I called LaPorta as being the best TE in the draft. As for Kincaid he has fallen off recently, but both have better QB situations and if your savior Jimmy G actually had any arm left Mayer would have started strong too, as Garappolo loved targeting TE's but he’s shot.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You guys said he's better than LaPorta and Kincaid...

I think it’s horses for courses with those three. Personally, I wouldn’t swap Mayer for either those two as I think he’s the most complete package but if you wanted to argue the other two were better pure receivers you could.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

New York media for you. TLaw is got a pass for the Urban Meyer dilemma his rookie year

100% here. 

I genuinely wonder when the TLaw love affair will finally end and people admit he's good, but nowhere near what was rammed down everyone's throats for the last 5 years. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think it’s horses for courses with those three. Personally, I wouldn’t swap Mayer for either those two as I think he’s the most complete package but if you wanted to argue the other two were better pure receivers you could.

Not gonna lie, Kincaid's tweener size scared me away a bit. 

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Mayer can be good, but he’s not nearly as athletic. LaPorta and Kincaid A level athletes 

I don’t think he’s that far off and he’s a far superior blocker. I don’t think we’ve seen anywhere close to the best of him yet in the passing game and his YAC ability is exciting. All three are going to be good, I think we got a great player here.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I don’t think he’s that far off and he’s a far superior blocker. I don’t think we’ve seen anywhere close to the best of him yet in the passing game and his YAC ability is exciting. All three are going to be good, I think we got a great player here.

This can't be overstated enough. This need for people to be right about players. Or the thought that because X player is great, then Y must not be, also ridiculous.  All 3 guys are exceptional TEs. Fitting as it was a deep TE class. Each has their own unique style. All a matter of what fits your offense.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This can't be overstated enough. This need for people to be right about players. Or the thought that because X player is great, then Y must not be, also ridiculous.  All 3 guys are exceptional TEs. Fitting as it was a deep TE class. Each has their own unique style. All a matter of what fits your offense.

I think Mayer is going to be very good and could be the most well rounded out of the three because he can block. Kincaid and LaPorta are both glorified slot receivers but that's typically what the best TE's in the league are.

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

He’s a B level athlete and that’s why he dropped in the draft. Plenty of TEs have been very good as B level athletes. Mayer is a great blocker, needs to use his size& route running. He’s going be good but not sure if he has a ceiling to be an all pro. 

other note: Elijah Higgins is looking good for Cardinals. He was one of my most most Tes in the draft. I really wanted the WR convert from Stanford. He is starting to look good and will be a steal. 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Jones was in the playoffs last year 

Over the last two seasons:

Trevor Lawrence (17-14): 7,638 passing yards (66.1% comp / 7.1 YPA), 43 TD, 18 INT, 93.8 rating | 591 rushing yards, 9 TD

Daniel Jones (10-11-1): 4,114 passing yards (67% comp / 6.5 YPA), 17 TD, 11 INT, 87.0 rating | 914 rushing yards, 8 TD