Around The League V.2

Totty

11 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Speaking of JMD, he’s reportedly gonna be a likely replacement for Bill at New England lol 

Him and ziegs lol run it back?

their tenure here was just practice lol 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Him and ziegs lol run it back?

their tenure here was just practice lol 

Right lol! I think Ziegs and Jmd are on the outs with each other after that article. Now Mick Lombardi, him and JMD are running it back

37 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Speaking of JMD, he’s reportedly gonna be a likely replacement for Bill at New England lol 

Kraft isn’t that stupid, surely. If they make that move, they deserve the years of misery that will ensue.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Kraft isn’t that stupid, surely. If they make that move, they deserve the years of misery that will ensue.

It depends how he feels about McDaniels and whether he wants a Patriots way to continue. I’m sure he’s favorable of him

On 1/1/2024 at 9:44 AM, Nightmare said:

With our luck he will go back to NE and become BB 2.0.  Just like so many players we have cut and go on to be better players on other teams.

8 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Very interesting video. Also that the PG and the Raiders defense are used as an example for a "modern defense", although I think in that particular video, how good the Ravens defense actually is.

Great video.  If this is the new trend and we ran it last year I have a few questions for everyone.

1.  Did we have a lot of coverage breakdowns last year and how effective were we when using this?

2. If we were effective and did not have coverage breakdowns do we not fix what is not broken?  Meaning focus on areas to enhance this scheme like a penetrating DT and was to defeat this scheme.

3.  How do you see a team overcoming this scheme?  Looks to me like a good run game and a QB that can buy time is the easiest way.  If we are always in a position of 2nd or 3rd and short then the underneath plays get 1st downs.  Eventually you wear down the defense.

What this video points to for me is this shows that we need brains in the back half of the D, high end DT, focus on run game, and get mobile at the QB position.

No way Josh gets another go at a HC job that quickly right? I mean, had the Raiders fallen apart without him, I could see the argument. But Antonio Pierce, with minimal NFL or college coaching experience, with a partial staff and playbook, did as well or better than Josh was doing. No way any owner doesn't see that and have some serious reservations. Right? Right? 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

No way Josh gets another go at a HC job that quickly right? I mean, had the Raiders fallen apart without him, I could see the argument. But Antonio Pierce, with minimal NFL or college coaching experience, with a partial staff and playbook, did as well or better than Josh was doing. No way any owner doesn't see that and have some serious reservations. Right? Right? 

Pats are a dumpster fire without Brady

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Pats are a dumpster fire without Brady

I would actually love it if they hired McDaniels and then proceeded to suck for another 3+ seasons.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I would actually love it if they hired McDaniels and then proceeded to suck for another 3+ seasons.

McDaniels plus Caleb Williams could be dramatic and hilarious viewing 😃

• Like 1