Around The League V.2

Totty

Just now, dante9876 said:

Than mason is the one who needs to chill. 

Absolutely, Mason needs to chill and should be punished, and if Garrett had responded in kind (i.e. doing to Rudolph what was being done to him only), then I would defend Garrett but he went too far, and the child analogy above and seeing red does not excuse or justify what he did.

6 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

Absolutely, Mason needs to chill and should be punished, and if Garrett had responded in kind (i.e. doing to Rudolph what was being done to him only), then I would defend Garrett but he went too far, and the child analogy above and seeing red does not excuse or justify what he did.

Understanding how a person reacts doesnt mean you are justifying it. People are justifying pouncey actions all over the place. But he stomp on and kicked a dudes head that couldn't defend himself. But his is allowed cause his red reason is in peoples eyes a good one. That's the point I'm making. 

9 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

Let me add he did do exactly what Rudolph tried to do with him. He was clearly done. Decastro had ended it. Mason silly behind and got rushing and swinging at a guy with a helmet in his hand. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Understanding how a person reacts doesnt mean you are justifying it. People are justifying pouncey actions all over the place. But he stomp on and kicked a dudes head that couldn't defend himself. But his is allowed cause his red reason is in peoples eyes a good one. That's the point I'm making. 

No. It is not understandable at all in the situation (for me and I realize you differ, which is OK). The helmet ripping etc was done by both and I won't convict Garrett for reacting in that manner as he cannot just stand there and let Rudolph do it to him, but you just cannot do (or understand) why in his infinite wisdom he decided to swing the helmet at his head. Yes, Mason was acting like a spoiled little Diva and he instigated it but Garrett could have killed, paralyzed or mentally impaired him and for the record I am not admonishing Pouncey either.

1 hour ago, doctordeath said:

Attempted murder wouldn't stand, because Garrett's camp can claim the same, especially when considering the physical provocation by Rudolph. Just my two cents.

I would make the case the NFL saw Rudolph with no fault in the matter hence not getting suspended like everybody else involved.

Edited by OG_C2X

1 minute ago, doctordeath said:

Correct, in the eyes of the NFL. But in the eyes of a courtroom? Not a chance attempted murder would stand.

I do agree it wouldn't stick. But you could definitely make the case and draw a trial out. At the same time I don't think his suspension ends week 1.

I do agree that there will be no criminal charges at the end of the day..

9 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I would make the case the NFL saw Rudolph with no fault in the matter hence not getting suspended like everybody else involved. 

I do agree it wouldn't stick. But you could definitely make the case and draw a trial out. At the same time I don't think his suspension ends week 1.

I do agree that there will be no criminal charges at the end of the day..

Sorry, for some reason only the first bit was quoted; but yes, you've hit it all on the head.

To someone else's point, though, if Burfict gets a longer suspension for his egregious football acts, then Garrett should be suspended beyond week 1 of next year for his egregious HUMAN act, no?

Edited by doctordeath

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Garrett did 2 things in that fight that were worse than anything Burfict has done his entire career. @dante9876  I agree with you about Rudulph getting punished but Garrett does need to stop and think about who he is going after.  I know this is an extreme example but if someone is going after your child all you see is red unless that person is another small child.  If a grown man comes after my kid it is time for me to do some damage but if it is a person I could easily kill if I strike them then I need to approach the situation differently.  Although a grown man you could probably let Rudolph take 3 free shots at Garrett and he might make him bleed a little.  Garrett would put Rudolph in the concussion protocol if he slapped him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bridgettebjorlo/status/1193399583952404481

similar thing happened locally last week at a H.S. game 

Nfl has to set an tough example on this

25 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That kid is going to face charges for that.  I was just reading the people talking about how the high school kid should not face a permanent ban but what they fail to realize is if this kid comes back and hurts someone like this again there will be some lawsuits they will lose.  I keep seeing commentators saying it would be ridiculous for criminal charges but it has happened before in hockey.  I am not saying it should or should not but that was about as close as I have seen.  Haynesworth would rank close also.  I think Garrett misses some games next year because it was a QB and he will be treated like Burfict.

Edited by drfrey13

3 hours ago, doctordeath said:

Sorry, for some reason only the first bit was quoted; but yes, you've hit it all on the head.

To someone else's point, though, if Burfict gets a longer suspension for his egregious football acts, then Garrett should be suspended beyond week 1 of next year for his egregious HUMAN act, no?

Hit it on the head...you really went there. :)

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This is also the wider issue. As terrible as this was for the injuries that may have been sustained on Rudolph, Garrett is a star, a role model. Kids look up to this guy as someone they want to emulate.

there was 8 seconds left in this game, garrett didn't have to spin him around and throw him down. was it a brutal tackle? hell no, could he have just let him go ? hell yes. garrett has been fined for this type of stuff already this year? hell yes, so it didn't just come outta nowhere. by some peoples logic Rudolph should just layed there and take it? lMAO! wed all be calling him an even bigger pu@#y.  grabbing facemasks is what players do , we all know this. should Rudolph have gone back for more? probably not (but most of us would in all honesty) garrett did a boneheaded thing (and if were gonna talk "tough guy" stuff then perhaps hitting someone with a helmet shouldn't qualify.lol) him and Rudolph are lucky that helmet hit open side down, if itd been the crown like BP said, this could've ruined both careers. pouncey did what every lineman in the league would do. and he paid for it. not too many people have mentioned that the browns were headhunting all game, imo some of this was the result of being under pittsburgs boot since 99. that doesn't justify the things that were done but that was a big monkey on their back im sure. another thing is why the hell wasn't pitt just running the clock out at this point and down 2 tds? because that isn't mike tomlin? because its a divisional game? theres still more season to play and youre risking your qb in garbage time? not the smartest decision and im sure tomlin has said that to himself after. done with my 2 cents now. bring on the bungals!

• Like 1