Around The League V.2

Totty

11 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

No preseason games this year. Feel for the end of the roster guys, but this was a major hurdle that the players wanted. 

good thing our bottom end is better than years past. sucks though, we always seem to find 1 or 2 undrafted guys that shock us and produce. 

36 minutes ago, roi34 said:

good thing our bottom end is better than years past. sucks though, we always seem to find 1 or 2 undrafted guys that shock us and produce. 

That wasn’t going to happen this year given who we signed.  Besides the Kicker Eberle there isn’t a decent UDFA with a chance in heck of making the team.  So the shortened camp / preseason won’t be a lost opportunity, the opportunity was lost when we chose to sign those guys get others.

Edited by jimkelly02

This will be an asterisk season IMO. It counts but teams might have to forfeit games a day before if too many players have symptoms let alone injuries. It’s great experience but an * for not normal by any means. If we had 2 preseason games we’d only have time for sudden death playoffs. Week 1 32 teams 16 by week 2 8 by 3rd week and championship games on week 4 with SB week 5. If the players are still healthy to do another sudden death for 5 weeks. Then the two SB teams (if not the same team) play for 2020 Corona bowl champions. A shorter season but shorter goals with a bigger goal but more importantly a way to entertain the world when a positive distraction is sorely needed. I just don’t see how we make it 16 games and playoffs without an outbreak and if they treated it like the flu where if you can play you play, then the optics of someone with it playing with mild symptoms looks really bad on the NFL. 

Game changer!

-80 man rosters until cut day 

- no preseason

which 10 do you cut? My 10 

- Killings - low ceiling 

- Vickers- LC 

-  Valoaga- seems like a Jag

- Usher- small for a LB wasn’t an all star in Canada 

Magnusson- LC - have a lot of interior depth, James/Devey/Simpson/Good/Cotton/Kush/Seymour 

Butler- already have a lot of TE in camp, been around for years and can’t seem to stick 

Ateman- too slow. I’ll never forget the Raven game 

R Smith- him or Stanback. Stanback looks impressive on his YouTube lol. Smith has been in the league for awhile and still hasn’t stuck around.
K Wilber- I think we keep 5lbs with the 5 spots locked. I would rather see 3 young LBS have a camp to develop like White, Phillips, Eligwe. Maybe one surprised and earns a spot or Atleast a PS spot 

Lawson(let young dogs compete in camp) - I don’t see a role for him on this team. We signed a better vet in Prince. We have a lot of young corners who I want to see get a shot in camp. Maybe cut Crawley instead of Lawson, but I lean with the former. He’s a smaller, so/so corner. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

10 hours ago, G said:

This will be an asterisk season IMO. It counts but teams might have to forfeit games a day before if too many players have symptoms let alone injuries. It’s great experience but an * for not normal by any means. If we had 2 preseason games we’d only have time for sudden death playoffs. Week 1 32 teams 16 by week 2 8 by 3rd week and championship games on week 4 with SB week 5. If the players are still healthy to do another sudden death for 5 weeks. Then the two SB teams (if not the same team) play for 2020 Corona bowl champions. A shorter season but shorter goals with a bigger goal but more importantly a way to entertain the world when a positive distraction is sorely needed. I just don’t see how we make it 16 games and playoffs without an outbreak and if they treated it like the flu where if you can play you play, then the optics of someone with it playing with mild symptoms looks really bad on the NFL. 

You know there are guys that will try to hide symptoms so they can play.  They do the same with severe head injuries.  I could see them putting Tylenol and DayQuil on the banned substance list.

• Like 1

The no preseason games definitely favor the Raiders week 1 against the Panthers. Raiders offense only has one change to the the starting 11 and that is Ruggs. Panthers have so many new changes HC, new offense new QB new pieces to the OL. 

Big advantage for a team and teams going into the season who are returning almost all of the pieces on offense. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

The no preseason games definitely favor the Raiders week 1 against the Panthers. Raiders offense only has one change to the the starting 11 and that is Ruggs. Panthers have so many new changes HC, new offense new QB new pieces to the OL. 

Big advantage for a team and teams going into the season who are returning almost all of the pieces on offense. 

They are getting a 4 week head start.

12 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

That's true, however our D has so many new pieces. Littleton,  Kwit, Collins, Prince, Randall and Collins are likely all starters. With Nassib and Amik getting a good chunk of PT too. Even Abram coming back will be a big change.

I hope our D gels quick.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I do expect us to win that game. Teddy is alright, but nothing scary. Their defense isn’t what it was in the past. Won’t be easy but I predict a win. Hopefully our defense looks a lot faster with all the youth we added on that side. 

With the TC roster Dropping to 80 the 10 cuts I think we should make are:

WR Siaosi Mariner, Anthony Williams-Ratliff 

RB- Rod Smith, William Stanback

OL- Kamaal Seymour

TE- Nick Bowers

DE- Jeremiah Valoaga

DT- Kendal Vickers, Mike Panasuik 

LB- Nick Usher

CB- DJ Killings

LS- Liam McCoullugh 

I included 12 cuts, only 10 need to be made but I think we should sign a veteran or two as well.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

With the TC roster Dropping to 80 the 10 cuts I think we should make are:

WR Siaosi Mariner, Anthony Williams-Ratliff 

RB- Rod Smith, William Stanback

OL- Kamaal Seymour

TE- Nick Bowers

DE- Jeremiah Valoaga

DT- Kendal Vickers, Mike Panasuik 

LB- Nick Usher

CB- DJ Killings

LS- Liam McCoullugh 

I included 12 cuts, only 10 need to be made but I think we should sign a veteran or two as well.

I agree with a lot of those guys. Don’t you think the UDFA have a better chance of making the PS so they should be kept around. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I agree with a lot of those guys. Don’t you think the UDFA have a better chance of making the PS so they should be kept around. 

That’s a valid question.  I asked myself the same thing prior to posting it.  I don’t see any of those guys making the PS.  Given the piss poor UDFA class I think we sign a bunch of players from other teams to make the PS.

I don’t know if this is my “projected” PS, it’s more of what I think and want us to do:

1. Rico Gafford, WR

2. Keelan Doss, WR

3. William Stanback or “OTHER”, RB

4. Lester Cotton, G

5. “OTHER”, OL

6. “OTHER”, DL

7.  “OTHER”, DL or Lab

8. Javin White, LB

9. Dylan Mabin or Jordan Brown, CB

10. Madre Harper, DB

*11.  Nathan Peterman, QB

*12. “OTHER”

Note: * denotes the 2 PS spots that have no experience limitations and are paid $204k instead of 142.8k.  “OTHER” denotes a player who was released at some point during TC from another team and then signed to our PS when it is created.

We just don’t have enough quality PS eligible players on the team to fill out a 12 man unit.  We’ll have to sign some that are released from other teams.

On 7/23/2020 at 12:57 AM, jimkelly02 said:

That’s a valid question.  I asked myself the same thing prior to posting it.  I don’t see any of those guys making the PS.  Given the piss poor UDFA class I think we sign a bunch of players from other teams to make the PS.

I don’t know if this is my “projected” PS, it’s more of what I think and want us to do:

1. Rico Gafford, WR

2. Keelan Doss, WR

3. William Stanback or “OTHER”, RB

4. Lester Cotton, G

5. “OTHER”, OL

6. “OTHER”, DL

7.  “OTHER”, DL or Lab

8. Javin White, LB

9. Dylan Mabin or Jordan Brown, CB

10. Madre Harper, DB

*11.  Nathan Peterman, QB

*12. “OTHER”

Note: * denotes the 2 PS spots that have no experience limitations and are paid $204k instead of 142.8k.  “OTHER” denotes a player who was released at some point during TC from another team and then signed to our PS when it is created.

We just don’t have enough quality PS eligible players on the team to fill out a 12 man unit.  We’ll have to sign some that are released from other teams.

Pretty good list. Don’t sleep on Seymour, he might be a steal at guard.