Around The League V.2

Totty

4 hours ago, dante9876 said:

@NYRaider Tell me more about how mayock, messed up for not giving up draft assets for that 27 yards per catch wr that went unclaimed on waivers. I'm shocked not one team wanted to make sure they got that  27 yard per reception guy. Hmmmmm. 

Any team that claimed him would've taken on his $4M cap hit. I'd also assume that Ruggs killing someone literally hours before the trade deadline was not something that anyone was expecting. And I'd guess that the news about OBJ changed a lot as we could be a realistic suitor. If we miss on Desean and OBJ though during a season where we're 5-2 (hopefully 6-2) and have to roll with Stoner, Jones, Edwards, and Renfrow at WR, I mean, what more do you want me to say. We have a chance to be a real contender this year and have an obvious need at WR...

You also realize that most free agents with a decent amount of GTD money go unclaimed on waivers, right? But hey maybe we can find another Tanner Muse with our 5th/6th round pick this year.

Edited by NYRaider

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Sounds like OBJ will be waived tomorrow. Raiders play the Browns next month in Cleveland … What a story that would be 

OBJ could also potentially make his debut on SNF against the Chiefs and we also have the Cowboys game on Thanks Giving coming up...

But I still think that we have a realistic chance at signing OBJ if he is let go by the Browns. It's hard to really gauge any potential moves because none of our reporters are even discussing them due to the seriousness of the Ruggs situation. OBJ wants to be a star like he was in NYC and he wants the ball more. There's nowhere else in the league that has the opportunity like we can provide from him both on and off the field.

5 minutes ago, roi34 said:

not sure i want either WR but yes we need a Wr.. Zay jones performance will be interesting to see. 

OBJ worth the headache? maybe.. dont know if mayock goes there. 

Zay Jones has 20 receptions in 23 games over the last two seasons. I doubt that he's going to all of the sudden become a super productive player for us. 

We're currently 5-2, ideally we'll be 6-2 after this weekend with a tough 3 game stretch against the Chiefs, Bengals, and Cowboys. I'd assume that if we do sign OBJ it'd be on a 1 year deal so we wouldn't really be committing to him long term. And in a season where we have a legitimate chance to make some noise I think it's a gamble you have to take. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

So I'd assume there's pretty much zero chance that we sign OBJ. Hopefully we can at least sign Desean Jackson.

I don't know if it's just Vic's opinion or what he heard from the Raiders. We'll see.

Just now, oakdb36 said:

I don't know if it's just Vic's opinion or what he heard from the Raiders. We'll see.

Vic is wrong more often then not, tbh. I also doubt that he has had a conversation with anyone in the organization about OBJ at this point with the Ruggs tragedy still fresh on everyone's minds and the team preparing for a game.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Vic is wrong more often then not, tbh. I also doubt that he has had a conversation with anyone in the organization about OBJ at this point with the Ruggs tragedy still fresh on everyone's minds and the team preparing for a game.

Like i said, i don't know.

Just putting it out there but some guy is saying Desean to LV is happening.