Around The League V.2

Totty

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

I really don't think they was going to get rid of him until the video. I don't understand why his dad video was the last straw. 

So you're saying Mayock made the right move by being patient on Desean because by some random chance 2 days later OBJ's dad posted a video on instagram that ended up getting him released? lol. And OBJ has had issues with the Browns for a while so I can't imagine they were thrilled that his dad was publicly calling out their franchise QB while other players on the team liked the video.

Just now, NYRaider said:

How often do good players with a lot of GTD money get cut mid-season? Waiting it out was the right move? What if we land neither guy and have to roll with Dillon Stoner? lol

Than that's what it is. Desean Jackson isn't really good. That's the point. How many teams has he been on, what's his numbers for last few years. Every time he gets two hand touched he could end up on ir. Again you overvalued desean so was flipping out on mayock. That's what it is. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

Than that's what it is. Desean Jackson isn't really good. That's the point. How many teams has he been on, what's his numbers for last few years. Every time he gets two hand touched he could end up on ir. Again you overvalued desean so was flipping out on mayock. That's what it is. 

Desean Jackson is older now but he's still one of the best deep threat WRs in the league. IIRC he's the only player in the league with 2 60+ yard receptions and he has hardly played this season because the Rams literally don't rotate guys in. Cooper Kupp, Van Jefferson, and Robert Woods get basically every snap at WR. No one was expecting our best deep threat to kill someone and end his career hours before the trade deadline. Ruggs ability to take the top off the defense is huge for opening up the rest of the offense. Is Desean as good as Ruggs, of course not. But he offers a similar skill-set and we really didn't/don't have a ton of options to replace Ruggs at this point of the season as we are approaching our most important 3-4 game stretch. I overvalued Desean because I thought Mayock should've sent a late round pick for him?

Just now, NYRaider said:

So you're saying Mayock made the right move by being patient on Desean because by some random chance 2 days later OBJ's dad posted a video on instagram that ended up getting him released? lol. And OBJ has had issues with the Browns for a while so I can't imagine they were thrilled that his dad was publicly calling out their franchise QB while other players on the team liked the video.

What. Obj video has nothing to do with this. He has nothing to do with this. That's some made up theory in your head. That obj thing had something to do with desean still being free. Desean is available cause he isn't valued that high around the league. Nothing to do with obj. But we should have traded a pick and pay him his money for a guy who has been disgruntled before, is old and injury prone. No other gm thought that was a good idea. Let guess you going to say no other team had a wr kill somebody right. Cause we the only team that need a wr right. You didn't think.he was even going to make it through waivers a few days ago. And that had nothing to do with obj. But continue with your nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Desean is available cause he isn't valued that high around the league. Nothing to do with obj. But we should have traded a pick and pay him his money for a guy who has been disgruntled before, is old and injury prone. No other gm thought that was a good idea.

Desean is available because he asked to be released by the Rams. And he wasn't claimed on waivers because teams knew they could negotiate a new contract with him. How many other teams just lost their only deep threat WR this week? Darren Waller was on the Ravens practice squad for how long? No GM's thought it was a good idea to give him a chance, so does that mean we shouldn't have?

No one knew that OBJ would be a FA two days after the Ruggs/Desean news. So that's why I said Mayock screwed up by not just securing Desean who provides a similar skill-set to Ruggs when he had a chance to get him guaranteed. If we are able to sign him or OBJ I'll be happy, if we miss both then he fumbled the bag. 

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

Again if we are able to sign OBJ or Desean then Mayock played it right. If we don't sign either guy then he screwed up and it might tank our season. 

What if they don't want to be here. Trading for desean would had just wasted a pick and money on a guy who would have been disgruntled. 

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

What if they don't want to be here. Trading for desean would had just wasted a pick and money on a guy who would have been disgruntled. 

So in that case you should never make a trade ever because the player could potentially not want to be on your team. If neither wants to be here as FA either then we're screwed and will likely tank away the one good season we've had in like 5 years.

Starting to understand why everybody gets into it with you. Lol. You got it bruh. We should have traded a pick for an old guy just sitting there in free agency. 

He literally cleared waivers yesterday at 4 PM. Did you expect him to be signed within an hour? I'm sure his agent is in contact with teams and that the OBJ news changed that entire process. 

He should be. Other than the actual missed throws. You can do that video for just about any qb in the league. They all miss wide open guys depending on the read.  

I'd assume he's not very well liked in the locker room though considering other players on the team have liked the video and are actively defending OBJ's character on social media.