Around The League V.2

Totty

Why do we think Carr will throw the ball to OBJ? Carr has been notorious for missing WRs, he did it for years with Cooper. He also spreads the wealth so OBJ isn’t going to be getting 10-15 receptions a game like he wants.

Im real hesitant to sign him with how he’s exited his last 2 stops. The last thing this team needs is AB 2.0. 

19 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Why do we think Carr will throw the ball to OBJ? Carr has been notorious for missing WRs, he did it for years with Cooper. He also spreads the wealth so OBJ isn’t going to be getting 10-15 receptions a game like he wants.

Im real hesitant to sign him with how he’s exited his last 2 stops. The last thing this team needs is AB 2.0. 

AB is legit psychopath, I wouldn't compare the two. Odell just seems like just a flashy dude who wants more targets. Which i dont really blame him but Cleveland is a run first team and Baker is hit or miss most weeks. I havent heard much about him being a bad teammate in Cle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

What do you mean by "missing WRs"? Like that he might not see they're open like literally every QB in the league? I'm just guessing that's what you mean and if so, not sure how much more he does it than every other QB does. 

9 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

What do you mean by "missing WRs"? Like that he might not see they're open like literally every QB in the league? I'm just guessing that's what you mean and if so, not sure how much more he does it than every other QB does. 

I for one am absolutely fine with a WR keeping his QB accountable on speaking up when a coverage leaves him wide open on a certain play. Maybe it'll make Carr more aware of opportunities when his targets get so open. Nothing wrong with that as long as they respect eachother. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't touch OBJ until NOW! Think his addition would pay dividends by playoff time. Chemistry and timing will take time with Carr but the threat of OBJ will offset the missing threat of Ruggs. I think Jackson would also fit that but I don't care for either player but as a playoff push 1 year rental I'm down with that. Just give #15 to OBJ and we will be fine. lol

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Honestly if you go back in the forum you’ll find pages upon pages on Carr not noticing a wide open Cooper. Carr plays within the system and usually sticks with players he has chemistry with. I doubt he’ll develop chemistry in the middle of the season. 

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

AB is legit psychopath, I wouldn't compare the two. Odell just seems like just a flashy dude who wants more targets. Which i dont really blame him but Cleveland is a run first team and Baker is hit or miss most weeks. I havent heard much about him being a bad teammate in Cle.

I wouldn’t say it’s a 1for 1 but what I mean is he can be a big distraction like AB was. He was a malcontent in NY and it got him booted and he’s a malcontent in Cleveland. I’d just rather it not happen in LV. 

8 hours ago, NickButera said:

I for one am absolutely fine with a WR keeping his QB accountable on speaking up when a coverage leaves him wide open on a certain play. Maybe it'll make Carr more aware of opportunities when his targets get so open. Nothing wrong with that as long as they respect eachother. 

I never said I'm not ok with it. I would encourage it also. I'm just curious why this guy thinks Carr does it more than anyone else does. If someone has tangible evidence to show he does it more often, I'd love to see it. 

7 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Honestly if you go back in the forum you’ll find pages upon pages on Carr not noticing a wide open Cooper. Carr plays within the system and usually sticks with players he has chemistry with. I doubt he’ll develop chemistry in the middle of the season. 

I know he missed him at times. Every QB misses their WRs at times. Literally every single one. 

Every QB also favors WRs they have a chemistry with. Doesn't mean anyone else won't get the ball. Feel like you're trying to fault him for stuff that literally every other QB is guilty of. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I know he missed him at times. Every QB misses their WRs at times. Literally every single one. 

Every QB also favors WRs they have a chemistry with. Doesn't mean anyone else won't get the ball. Feel like you're trying to fault him for stuff that literally every other QB is guilty of. 

Welcome to the Carr debate. The hate for him makes no sense.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I wouldn’t say it’s a 1for 1 but what I mean is he can be a big distraction like AB was. He was a malcontent in NY and it got him booted and he’s a malcontent in Cleveland. I’d just rather it not happen in LV. 

Actually, Odell play through injury incompetent quarterback play,  a system that doesn’t really emphasize receivers for 2 years, And an incompetent Play caller for one. 

He’s never gone on TV and trash talked to the owner. 

I’m not a big fan of diva receivers but It seems like he just doesn’t want to play somewhere where his talent is wasted.

That said he could turn out like Crabtree (and I mean that in the most negative way possible)

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Welcome to the Carr debate. The hate for him makes no sense.

Some of it certainly does and is warranted IMO. When you start nitpicking and saying you dislike him for things that literally every other QB in the entire league does, then there's a problem. It's like on this other forum I used to go to, these morons were claiming Carr was the only QB to throw screen passes at people's feet if the play was blown up like no other QB does that. All of them do. People are hyperfocused on the Raiders and it makes sense b/c that is their favorite team. I know Chali isn't like that but some of his comments will lead people to think that way. Carr has his faults but favoring people he has a rapport w/ and missing wide open WRs (unless someone shows me he does it more than anyone else), aren't them. 

12 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Carr somehow have Cook, Agholor, and Crabtree career years despite being notorious for missing WRs. He even made Seth Roberts seem like an NFL starter for a couple seasons. And, It's not like Cooper wasn't putting up numbers with Carr, and it's not like his numbers are that different in Dallas.

The Carr missing open receivers argument has always been peak blind Carr hate for years.

• Like 2