Around The League V.2

Totty

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Again if we are able to sign OBJ or Desean then Mayock played it right. If we don't sign either guy then he screwed up and it might tank our season. 

Just curious how not signing a diva WR and an old as hell WR will possibly tank our season. I would think if anything tanked our season, it happened on Tuesday morning.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Just curious how not signing a diva WR and an old as hell WR will possibly tank our season. I would think if anything tanked our season, it happened on Tuesday morning.

We're currently 5-2, ideally 6-2 this weekend. Ruggs made a mistake before the trade deadline. We sat on our hands and didn't make a move to bring someone in after losing probably our 2nd most important offensive weapon during a season we actually have a chance to win. We should be in win now mode.

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

No ****, that's what i've been telling you in the other thread. 

Welp at least we have Dillon Stoner, the melt down on here when we tank the next month will be incredible.

I'm not a cap expert no need to curse my son.

Edited by NYRaider

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We're currently 5-2, ideally 6-2 this weekend. Ruggs made a mistake before the trade deadline. We sat on our hands and didn't make a move to bring someone in after losing probably our 2nd most important offensive weapon during a season we actually have a chance to win. We should be in win now mode.

You really think a diva and an old af WR would make that much of a difference? If it were 2016 I'd be on board but we need to remember where we're at. Should we have tried to fill the void? Yes, I don't disagree with the logic, I just think your solutions wouldn't have benefited us

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Welp at least we have Dillon Stoner, the melt down on here when we tank the next month will be incredible.

I'm not a cap expert no need to curse my son.

I think you’re underrating the offense a bit. Ruggs was the deep threat on offense but he was hardly a game changer. I think we’ll see a drop off but it won’t keep the offense from being effective. The Raiders still have a good running game a QB playing at the top of his game, a TE who can be the number one TE in the league and 3rd and Renferow. With how well the defense has been this season even if the Raiders drop down to middle of the pack they can still contend for a playoff spot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You really think a diva and an old af WR would make that much of a difference? If it were 2016 I'd be on board but we need to remember where we're at. Should we have tried to fill the void? Yes, I don't disagree with the logic, I just think your solutions wouldn't have benefited us

Those weren't the only two players available at the trade deadline though. We could've went after someone like Brandin Cooks, Will Fuller, Allen Robinson or a number of other lesser known WR. Because we didn't make any moves at all now the only two potential options we have are that diva WR and old af WR. And yes I do think that either one of them would make a significant impact for our offense. Even when Ruggs wasn't productive he still had a huge impact for us because he effected the way that teams defended us. They literally couldn't stack the box because Ruggs speed made him a threat to score on any play. 

If it were 2016 you'd be on board with that logic but not this year? We're currently 5-2 with a chance to make the playoffs. If the team crumbles down the stretch why do Mayock, Rich, or Carr deserve to be brought back? If anything 2016 would be a year that you'd be more conservative knowing that you have a rising QB in Carr so you wouldn't want to risk future assets so you would be able to continue to build around him. We're currently in limbo with an interim head coach, Carr only has 1 more year left on his deal, and if we fall apart for the third straight season there will likely be major changes made across the board, as there should be.

8 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I think you’re underrating the offense a bit. Ruggs was the deep threat on offense but he was hardly a game changer. I think we’ll see a drop off but it won’t keep the offense from being effective. The Raiders still have a good running game a QB playing at the top of his game, a TE who can be the number one TE in the league and 3rd and Renferow. With how well the defense has been this season even if the Raiders drop down to middle of the pack they can still contend for a playoff spot. 

Ruggs was 2nd in the league in 20+ yard receptions and in yards per reception behind only Jamar Chase. We still have a good running game? We're 29th in the league in rushing yards and 31st in YPA, we literally have one of the worst rushing games in the NFL. And now teams will be able to crowd the line of scrimmage and send blitzes more frequently because we have no big play threat in the passing game.

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Those weren't the only two players available at the trade deadline though. We could've went after someone like Brandin Cooks, Will Fuller, Allen Robinson or a number of other lesser known WR. Because we didn't make any moves at all now the only two potential options we have are that diva WR and old af WR. And yes I do think that either one of them would make a significant impact for our offense. Even when Ruggs wasn't productive he still had a huge impact for us because he effected the way that teams defended us. They literally couldn't stack the box because Ruggs speed made him a threat to score on any play. 

If it were 2016 you'd be on board with that logic but not this year? We're currently 5-2 with a chance to make the playoffs. If the team crumbles down the stretch why do Mayock, Rich, or Carr deserve to be brought back? If anything 2016 would be a year that you'd be more conservative knowing that you have a rising QB in Carr so you wouldn't want to risk future assets so you would be able to continue to build around him. We're currently in limbo with an interim head coach, Carr only has 1 more year left on his deal, and if we fall apart for the third straight season there will likely be major changes made across the board, as there should be.

They weren't the only ones available but they were the topic of your post b/c those are the only two you listed. If you had added "or another WR" to your comment, then I would've looked at your post in a more broad spectrum. Your words lead me to believe you only cared about signing OBJ or Jackson ergo my response. 

My 2016 comment was solely pertaining to those two WRs as well. If you'll notice in my post, I suggested we should've tried to fill the void.

37 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Yep. 

Waller, Edwards, Renfrow, Jones, and Moreau are still a deep set of pass catchers. That doesn't even factor in Drake and Ingold and the other RBs as receiving threats. 

Ruggs' field stretching will be missed, but it's not like the offense is going to absolutely fall apart now. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Ruggs was 2nd in the league in 20+ yard receptions and in yards per reception behind only Jamar Chase. We still have a good running game? We're 29th in the league in rushing yards and 31st in YPA, we literally have one of the worst rushing games in the NFL. And now teams will be able to crowd the line of scrimmage and send blitzes more frequently because we have no big play threat in the passing game.

The Raiders starting RB was out for half the season and the o line has been switched around. The last two games have been pretty impressive from that standpoint. This isn’t like the Titans losing their RB, Ruggs is a part of the offense but he isn’t the focal point. If Zay Jones can catch a deep ball or 2 every game the Raiders will be fine.