Around The League V.2

Totty

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Whatever floats your guys boats. I've just personally watched the games. Nelson Agholor was a vet min FA that balled, Renfrow was a 5th round pick that has balled, Waller was a dude that we signed off the practice squad and has balled. The good players on our team have made plays and been consistent. I'm not going to put faith into a player who has never shown enough to the staff to even get snaps and when he has played produced nothing. If the team believed in Zay Jones they wouldn't be restructuring contracts and moving money around to make a FA move.

Zay Jones is not good.  He's been on the league six years and he's done nothing.  He's a teams 5th or 6th WR and now starting for us.  

This "lack of WR depth" scenario is exactly what I was talking about during the offseason when I was saying we needed to sign someone.  If we lost one of our starting WR's I knew we would be in this position.  Having a bum like Jones get significant playing time is not good, no matter how homers on here try to spin it.  

@NYRaider We don't agree on much but you're spot on here.  Zones is not a starting caliber WR.  We need to make some kind of WR move or our O take a significant step backwards.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

Okay. Zay Jones won't scare any Defense around the league. But what other choice do we have right now, than hoping that he steps up vs. the Giants. 

Eben if we traded or signed a guy already, we would have had to rely on him on Sunday. 

And also weren't there reports that we would hear some news about the WR situation after Sunday? 

20 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Okay. Zay Jones won't scare any Defense around the league. But what other choice do we have right now, than hoping that he steps up vs. the Giants. 

Eben if we traded or signed a guy already, we would have had to rely on him on Sunday. 

And also weren't there reports that we would hear some news about the WR situation after Sunday? 

We don't have other options but that doesn't make Jones good.  Our O is going to take a step backwards, that is what happens when you lose a threat like Ruggs and replace him with a player like Jones.  

A few years ago we were starting some bum named Ateman, just because he was starting on a disaster of a team like we had doesn't make him a starting caliber WR.  

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Zay Jones is not good.  He's been on the league six years and he's done nothing.  He's a teams 5th or 6th WR and now starting for us.  

This "lack of WR depth" scenario is exactly what I was talking about during the offseason when I was saying we needed to sign someone.  If we lost one of our starting WR's I knew we would be in this position.  Having a bum like Jones get significant playing time is not good, no matter how homers on here try to spin it.  

@NYRaider We don't agree on much but you're spot on here.  Zones is not a starting caliber WR.  We need to make some kind of WR move or our O take a significant step backwards.

But when we got him he was 23 and now he's 26 and he looked good at the Senior Bowl but hasn't played a lot cause he was 4th string on the depth chart so he gonna be good

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

I'm not watching so how does Mahomes have 54 yards passing on 20 attempts?

They don't run the ball so essentially Patrick Mahomes is running around looking for Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill.  The typical it's just that it doesn't work anymore.