Around The League V.2

Totty

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

The Raiders starting RB was out for half the season and the o line has been switched around. The last two games have been pretty impressive from that standpoint. This isn’t like the Titans losing their RB, Ruggs is a part of the offense but he isn’t the focal point. If Zay Jones can catch a deep ball or 2 every game the Raiders will be fine. 

Not the same though. When someone on the other team runs 4.2 you have to defend the offense differently because that guy can outrun the whole defense. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

The Raiders starting RB was out for half the season and the o line has been switched around. The last two games have been pretty impressive from that standpoint. This isn’t like the Titans losing their RB, Ruggs is a part of the offense but he isn’t the focal point. If Zay Jones can catch a deep ball or 2 every game the Raiders will be fine. 

You genuinely think that we're a good running team this season?

48 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Not the same though. When someone on the other team runs 4.2 you have to defend the offense differently because that guy can outrun the whole defense. 

Which is why the Texans offense was way better and more efficient with Will Fuller playing despite him not ever having great production.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yep. 

Waller, Edwards, Renfrow, Jones, and Moreau are still a deep set of pass catchers. . 

Ruggs accounted for 20% of our passing offense through the first 7 games. Foster Moreau and Zay Jones have 100 receiving yards each this season.

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

They weren't the only ones available but they were the topic of your post b/c those are the only two you listed. If you had added "or another WR" to your comment, then I would've looked at your post in a more broad spectrum. Your words lead me to believe you only cared about signing OBJ or Jackson ergo my response. 

My 2016 comment was solely pertaining to those two WRs as well. If you'll notice in my post, I suggested we should've tried to fill the void.

They're the only two that I listed because they're the only two realistic options at this point in time. The trade deadline has passed and both OBJ/Jackson have been 1,000+ yard WR multiple times throughout their careers who also just happened to become free agents. I was personally hoping that we'd trade for Allen Robinson or Brandin Cooks but we just didn't have enough time.

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ruggs was starting, they weren't. 

Doesn't negate them forming a deep WR corps.

We literally have 3 WR's on the roster and Moreau has been a non-factor other then the one game Waller missed. I'd hardly call that a deep WR corps. Ruggs was starting because he was our best receiver. He was the 1st WR drafted and on pace for 1,200 yards this year, it's going to be hard to replace that production, especially with players like Zay Jones and Foster Moreau.

Edited by NYRaider

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We literally have 3 WR's on the roster and Moreau has been a non-factor other then the one game Waller missed. I'd hardly call that a deep WR corps. Ruggs was starting because he was our best receiver. He was the 1st WR drafted and on pace for 1,200 yards this year, it's going to be hard to replace that production, especially with players like Zay Jones and Foster Moreau.

Nobody is saying he wasn't our best receiver. And we definitely need more. 

The point is, his loss isn't like Jacksonville losing Jones or Williams being out for Detroit. Ruggs was a big part of the offense, but he wasn't THE offense. 

With him, we weren't running a bunch of 2 TEs or Jones, so naturally and by design, they haven't produced as much as they're capable of. 

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nobody is saying he wasn't our best receiver. And we definitely need more. 

The point is, his loss isn't like Jacksonville losing Jones or Williams being out for Detroit. Ruggs was a big part of the offense, but he wasn't THE offense. 

With him, we weren't running a bunch of 2 TEs or Jones, so naturally and by design, they haven't produced as much as they're capable of. 

I think you'll see how much of an effect losing Ruggs has this weekend. Our OL was already meh and so was our run game. Teams are going to crowd the line of scrimmage now.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We're 29th in yards and 31st in YPA and just lost the one player who would prevent teams from stacking the box.

I disagree, I think Waller is the guy who will make you pay if you stack the box. He’s faster than any LB and bigger than any DB out there. You leave him on an Island and Carr will make you pay for it. 

im by no means trying to downplay Ruggs as a player. He certainly adds a dimension to the offense but his absence by no means kneecaps the offense. 

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I disagree, I think Waller is the guy who will make you pay if you stack the box. He’s faster than any LB and bigger than any DB out there. You leave him on an Island and Carr will make you pay for it. 

im by no means trying to downplay Ruggs as a player. He certainly adds a dimension to the offense but his absence by no means kneecaps the offense. 

Waller's average depth of target over the last 2.5 years has been 7.5 yards down field.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ruggs was starting, they weren't. 

Doesn't negate them forming a deep WR corps.

The issue on here is that some people look at circumstance and situation and film while others look at stats. Only problem is stats in and out of them selves don't tell the whole story.

This is why I Saul Solomon Thomas & Casey Heyward coming. Stats alone cannot indicate that 

Edited by Jeremy408