Around The League V.2

Totty

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In week 4 last season Zay Jones played 90% of our snaps and had 4 receptions for 32 yards. In week 14 he played 70% of our snaps and had 1 reception for 9 yards. During his first season with us he had 5 games where he played 100% of our offensive snaps and in those 5 games he had 12 catches for 108 yards.

Oh you mean in week 4 when he played the bills which is one of the best cornerback groups in the NFL?

Or how about week 14 where Wide receiver particularly did anything and Darren Waller our top receiving option went for nine catches in 150 yards?

Stats outside of their proper contexts say nothing

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm not too worried about last year as people tend to progress as time goes on and they gain experience in the system. I'd just rather focus on this year

Whatever floats your guys boats. I've just personally watched the games. Nelson Agholor was a vet min FA that balled, Renfrow was a 5th round pick that has balled, Waller was a dude that we signed off the practice squad and has balled. The good players on our team have made plays and been consistent. I'm not going to put faith into a player who has never shown enough to the staff to even get snaps and when he has played produced nothing. If the team believed in Zay Jones they wouldn't be restructuring contracts and moving money around to make a FA move.

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm not too worried about last year as people tend to progress as time goes on and they gain experience in the system. I'd just rather focus on this year

Again, he's 26 years old. we got him when he was 23

Edited by Jeremy408

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah it usually takes most players about 3 years to go from 0 production to a good starter, good point.

For someone not seeing the field due to better options, he's still averaging almost 20 YPC. Odds are he'll be seeing the field more often now so we can hope he'll be able to produce. His last full season with the Bills he was solid. Hopefully he shows us what he can do now

52 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Whatever floats your guys boats. I've just personally watched the games. Nelson Agholor was a vet min FA that balled, Renfrow was a 5th round pick that has balled, Waller was a dude that we signed off the practice squad and has balled. 

And Zay has been forced to sit behind them bc they balled. Also hard to use Renfrow as an example bc Zay isn't a slot receiver. Regardless, now that he's more than likely going to see more PT, maybe he'll get his chance to "ball" now. 

6 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I think Zay has potential and he could blossom into something. Not saying he'll become a solid #1 but good enough to see the field regularly? Absolutely

That’s pretty much all I’m saying

i’m not saying we shouldn’t try to get Odell if he comes available

I’m not saying we shouldn’t pick up DeSean Jackson

what I’m saying is this guy could be a starter and produce. and yes he does have talent and potential

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That’s pretty much all I’m saying

i’m not saying we shouldn’t try to get Odell if he comes available

I’m not saying we shouldn’t pick up DeSean Jackson

what I’m saying is this guy could be a starter and produce. and yes he does have talent and potential

You know NYRaider can't be reasoned with though. His mind is made up. If you disagree, he'll throw out random bs like "Zay Jones has a HUGE sample size" and block you if you continue to speak sense.

🙈🙉🙊

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

You know NYRaider can't be reasoned with though. His mind is made up. If you disagree, he'll throw out random bs like "Zay Jones has a HUGE sample size" and block you if you continue to speak sense.

🙈🙉🙊

😂😂😂