Around The League V.2

Totty

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Carr’s issue is not being able to extend plays very well like Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson (not anymore), Aaron Rodgers, Justin Herbert, etc. Even Trevor Lawrence is much better than Carr at this. And Rodgers was the best at this before all the elite play extenders came in like Mahomes and Allen which is now the play extension era of football. 

Carr is absolutely terrible running around the pocket and extending a play. He had zero agility (good straight line speed but he’s as agile as my grandma), and his pocket awareness is dreadful. 

You can argue Tom Brady can’t extend plays, well Tom Brady has the greatest pocket presence ever. One or Carr’s weakpoints. 

No one is saying we need a running QB like Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray. We need an elite play extender like the guys I just mentioned. The longer we go without one, the longer we will suffer. 

The newer generation of QBs seem to be more equipped with skills to extend plays.

41 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Spend the next few years losing and trading every possible asset away to get 5 picks in the top 15 and draft every QB in a draft, and hope and pray you don't wind up with Sam Darnold, Carson Wentz, EJ Manuel, Paxton Lynch, and Jameis Winston. 

Considering we drafted a S, DE, CB, RT in recent drafts who were all average to below players. Why not draft a QB

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

So what's you solution for the Raiders to get that type player?

Everyone wants to get rid of car for the unicorn mobile passer with all the intangibles but nobody seems to have a real answer for how to draft that guy.

There’s starting QBs and MVP level type signal callers not going #1 in drafts now (Hurts, Allen, Jackson)

Perhaps New England will work out a deal for one of the two starting QBs they have. 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

There’s starting QBs and MVP level type signal callers not going #1 in drafts now (Hurts, Allen, Jackson)

Perhaps New England will work out a deal for one of the two starting QBs they have. 

So, just to clarify... Jones or Zappe are the answer....? 

13 minutes ago, Totty said:

So, just to clarify... Jones or Zappe are the answer....? 

I think Zappe is a good QB. However, Jones and McDaniels have history together from last season. Given our Connections with NE, it wouldn’t surprise me one of them ended up over here

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think Zappe is a good QB. However, Jones and McDaniels have history together from last season. Given our Connections with NE, it wouldn’t surprise me one of them ended up over here

If all trades are with NE I’m done. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Not saying they are the answers but given the connections with NE it wouldn’t surprise me if one ended up over here

I know what you mean. I don’t want us to be ne’s garbage disposal.

imo if we lose Sunday I think we’ll be selling more than buying before trade deadline 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I know what you mean. I don’t want us to be ne’s garbage disposal.

imo if we lose Sunday I think we’ll be selling more than buying before trade deadline 

If we lose this week chances are we are selecting close to top ten if not in it.  Time to accumulate picks.  We need to win 5 of the next 6 to have a shot at the playoffs in my opinion.  The Texans are probably the worst team on our remaining schedule.  If we lose to them it is still possible to make the playoffs but that will sap all the confidence from me that the team is good enough.

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Not saying they are the answers but given the connections with NE it wouldn’t surprise me if one ended up over here

For the purpose of what? Carr is the starter. They already traded for Stidham for the back up role. Nothing about what you are saying follow any logic outside the NE connection in the FO. 

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

For the purpose of what? Carr is the starter. They already traded for Stidham for the back up role. Nothing about what you are saying follow any logic outside the NE connection in the FO. 

Will Carr be the starter next season?

Highly questionable we pay him 40 million after this season 

The offense as constructed will count for 108 million towards the cap. There’s plenty of Logic moving on from Carr after the season

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

If we lose this week chances are we are selecting close to top ten if not in it.  Time to accumulate picks.  We need to win 5 of the next 6 to have a shot at the playoffs in my opinion.  The Texans are probably the worst team on our remaining schedule.  If we lose to them it is still possible to make the playoffs but that will sap all the confidence from me that the team is good enough.

Sunday is the key game. If we lose, wheels could fall off sooner than later.

Nothing says this will be an easy game vs a Texans who has played everyone tough so far 

16 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Will Carr be the starter next season?

Highly questionable we pay him 40 million after this season 

The offense as constructed will count for 108 million towards the cap. There’s plenty of Logic moving on from Carr after the season

There really isn't any logic to your argument other than you dislike Carr and keep dreaming up scenarios to get rid of him.

Patriots spent a first round pick on Mac Jones, they are not trading him because Zappe has managed the game well in his absence. And Zappe hasn't proven enough to be considered a viable starter. 

Baring something unforeseen (injury, retirement, severe regression) Carr will be the starter next year. They will rework his cap figure as needed. I do think McDaniels will draft a QB to groom under him if he fell to them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

So what's you solution for the Raiders to get that type player?

Everyone wants to get rid of car for the unicorn mobile passer with all the intangibles but nobody seems to have a real answer for how to draft that guy.

This is what Raider fans say every year. We’ve had multiple opportunities to trade up in the draft and get one. This fiction that we have not had the opportunity to land one of these guys is that, purely fiction. We’ll have the opportunity again this draft season. 

To get these guys you have to sacrifice and give up. Everyone wants the magical “perfect roster” before we trade up for a QB. That’s never gonna happen. There’s like only one great/complete roster in the NFL every season… this year would be the Bills. The other 31 teams have many many holes. 

A Franchise QB who can throw and maneuver around the pocket is way way more important than a great roster. 

• Like 1