Around The League V.2

Totty

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Trade a 1st and 2nd one year, then go complete rebuild the next year. Makes no sense 🤫 “in Mark you trust” - you. Sorry, but the owner is a silver spoon stooge. Saying that nicely 😁

Continuing a win now approach after it just failed this season because we traded for Adams isn't smart either though. Good regime's recognize when they made a mistake and are willing to pivot quickly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Trade a 1st and 2nd one year, then go complete rebuild the next year. Makes no sense 🤫 “in Mark you trust” - you. Sorry, but the owner is a silver spoon stooge. Saying that nicely 😁

Lol they tried to make it work with Carr and win now and after it didn’t work yea it’s time to pivot like NY said. They realized they need to get this turned around sooner than later and knew they couldn’t wait for carr to suddenly take the next step after a decade in the league. Mark was tired of having Carr as his qb and honestly I don’t blame him. 

2 minutes ago, Raiderlife24 said:

Lol they tried to make it work with Carr and win now and after it didn’t work yea it’s time to pivot like NY said. They realized they need to get this turned around sooner than later and knew they couldn’t wait for carr to suddenly take the next step after a decade in the league. Mark was tired of having Carr as his qb and honestly I don’t blame him. 

Imagine expecting a Super Bowl with a new system and that defense. Mark Davis is a fool lmfao 🤣 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raiderlife24 said:

The crazy thing in all of this is that a lot of people act like the new regime is/was anti DC. When everything they did pointed to them having faith in him as the starter. JMD said that coaching DC was one of the main reasons he took the job, they extended all of our weapons, traded for Adams, and gave DC a new deal with terms that kind of screwed the team. I doubt they would've given him the no trade clause or would've set a February 15th deadline if they really had questions about DC.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has been a total diva about the whole situation and it seems like the main reason we are moving on is because he didn't fit the culture.

He didn’t fit the culture, but he held this organization together in its darkest  times. What culture has McDaniels ever cultivated? DC has proven way more than Josh has, what has Josh done as the man to deserve the benefit of doubt? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

He didn’t fit the culture, but he held this organization together in its darkest  times. What culture has McDaniels ever cultivated? DC has proven way more than Josh has, what has Josh done as the man to deserve the benefit of doubt? 

We've heard from multiple sources that DC doesn't handle criticism very well and his lack of chemistry with JMD seemed to negatively affect his play down the stretch of the season. Yes DC was a strong leader for us last season but we have seen him completely lay eggs against meh teams when we needed wins to make a push for the playoffs. We've been about average for a lot of DC's tenure here because of how inconsistent he is and his tendency to fade at the end of seasons. 

JMD hasn't really cultivated a winning culture as a head coach but like it or not he's the guy that MD believed in to lead us going forward. The offensive scheme flashed what it could be this year and it just produced two first team All Pro players despite shaky QB play for a lot of the season. And FWIW the leaders on the team seem to have bought into what JMD and his staff are preaching. 

Choosing DC over JMD would be crazy, how many coaches do we have to go through before we finally accept DC is what he is? He has had a lot of the same issues regardless of who we have at HC or the weapons around him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said: 

- DC makes the Raiders look like fools on a revenge tour. 

Lmfao…. You can’t make this up haha 

A Revenge tour that last for the first six weeks of the season? I can see that. Then it will start to get cold and DC will fold like always does. Its been the story of his career. 

your boy aint it. He never was. Hes a Geno Smith like talent that was blessed to get 9 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

A Revenge tour that last for the first six weeks of the season? I can see that. Then it will start to get cold and DC will fold like always does. Its been the story of his career. 

your boy aint it. He never was. Hes a Geno Smith like talent that was blessed to get 9 years.

DC is the king of saying all the right things and then reverting back to his old habits. "Mamba mentality" 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We've heard from multiple sources that DC doesn't handle criticism very well and his lack of chemistry with JMD seemed to negatively affect his play down the stretch of the season. Yes DC was a strong leader for us last season but we have seen him completely lay eggs against meh teams when we needed wins to make a push for the playoffs. We've been about average for a lot of DC's tenure here because of how inconsistent he is and his tendency to fade at the end of seasons. 

JMD hasn't really cultivated a winning culture as a head coach but like it or not he's the guy that MD believed in to lead us going forward. The offensive scheme flashed what it could be this year and it just produced two first team All Pro players despite shaky QB play for a lot of the season. And FWIW the leaders on the team seem to have bought into what JMD and his staff are preaching. 

Choosing DC over JMD would be crazy, how many coaches do we have to go through before we finally accept DC is what he is? He has had a lot of the same issues regardless of who we have at HC or the weapons around him.

How would it be crazy, Josh hasn’t proven anything. He went from going all in with a team just removed from the playoffs to a team with no QB, right dab in the middle of deciding whether to try and win now or rebuilding. It’s the lack of direction/planning that pisses me off not just moving on from DC. Our options were a 46 year old that just retired, a 39 year old that contemplates retirement annually and has held his org hostage, a guy who’s a downgrade AND can’t stay healthy, or going into the draft with the whole world knowing we need a QB, which means we’ll have to shell out draft picks to guarantee one of the top 3 guys that may or may not be anything. We could have kept some leverage had we just let DC start the last two weeks, dudes missed 2 games in 9 years, it was worth the risk. Or maybe he didn’t he Trust that OL he completely ignored to protect his QB.

Once these guys show some direction I’ll buy in, but they’re off to a bad start. Everyone ****ted on Mayock and Gruden but what have these guys done that makes you feel they are any better? 

8 minutes ago, Geezy said:

How would it be crazy, Josh hasn’t proven anything. He went from going all in with a team just removed from the playoffs to a team with no QB, right dab in the middle of deciding whether to try and win now or rebuilding. It’s the lack of direction/planning that pisses me off not just moving on from DC. Our options were a 46 year old that just retired, a 39 year old that contemplates retirement annually and has held his org hostage, a guy who’s a downgrade AND can’t stay healthy, or going into the draft with the whole world knowing we need a QB, which means we’ll have to shell out draft picks to guarantee one of the top 3 guys that may or may not be anything. We could have kept some leverage had we just let DC start the last two weeks, dudes missed 2 games in 9 years, it was worth the risk. Or maybe he didn’t he Trust that OL he completely ignored to protect his QB.

Once these guys show some direction I’ll buy in, but they’re off to a bad start. Everyone ****ted on Mayock and Gruden but what have these guys done that makes you feel they are any better? 

It'd be crazy because at what point do you accept that Carr is who he is? And how many head coaches do we have to cycle through before we accept that Carr just isn't the guy we need to build around? Do you really think that DC in year 10 with his 7th HC is going to be when he finally turns it around?

The playoff run we made last year probably hurt us more than it helped us, that team was extremely flawed and got hot against banged up teams. 

Not sure how starting DC during the last two games would've given us leverage. We would've had to trade him / cut him by February 15th regardless. They rolled with DC until the playoffs were out of question, it didn't mean we were moving on for sure, Carr just threw a fit and made it public before the team even said anything. 

If we can acquire Rodgers on a fair deal was it a mistake to move on from DC? He's clearly a significant upgrade. 

The fact that they've both been in the NFL continuously leading up to the time they were hired here as opposed to being TV personalities gives me some hope in DZ/JMD. This offseason will be telling, I personally don't put a ton of blame on them for this season when it's pretty clear Mark forced their hand to make win now moves. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It'd be crazy because at what point do you accept that Carr is who he is? And how many head coaches do we have to cycle through before we accept that Carr just isn't the guy we need to build around? Do you really think that DC in year 10 with his 7th HC is going to be when he finally turns it around?

The playoff run we made last year probably hurt us more than it helped us, that team was extremely flawed and got hot against banged up teams. 

Not sure how starting DC during the last two games would've given us leverage. We would've had to trade him / cut him by February 15th regardless. They rolled with DC until the playoffs were out of question, it didn't mean we were moving on for sure, Carr just threw a fit and made it public before the team even said anything. 

If we can acquire Rodgers on a fair deal was it a mistake to move on from DC? He's clearly a significant upgrade. 

The fact that they've both been in the NFL continuously leading up to the time they were hired here as opposed to being TV personalities gives me some hope in DZ/JMD. This offseason will be telling, I personally don't put a ton of blame on them for this season when it's pretty clear Mark forced their hand to make win now moves. 

It would’ve helped because the whole league wouldn’t know we were committed to trading him. We could’ve let the deadline pass and still trade him. Now our hands are tied. They showed their hand too soon imo. It’s not even all about DC, it’s the lack of direction. And if it’s Mark meddling then we have even bigger problems. It’s not personal with these guys, I hope they prove my doubts wrong and I’d be their biggest fan. The constant ineptitude has been frustrating, and I’m just not seeing the vision yet. Hopefully this off-season shows us the direction we’re headed. We’re in a confusing spot as an org, top heavy with no depth, but will have to give up extra assets to get a QB, when we really need to spread them around all through the roster. Even if we do land Rodgers, he’s eating up cap, going to cost a couple nice picks. We’re not a QB away. Don’t even get me started with the whole “culture” element lol