Around The League V.2

Totty

4 minutes ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Andy Reid truly is the best playcaller in the league right now. KC will always be dangerous with Mahomes, but Reid is irreplaceable and the Chiefs will take a step back when he retires.

It was interesting post game Andy was shouting out Eric b more than I’ve ever seen him before 

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Once again, QB’s guys. Eagles roster wayyyyy more stacked. But there is a huge monumental difference between Mahomes and Hurts. While Hurts had a great game and great season, he is barely a Top 10 QB in my eyes and probably regresses next year with tape on him. Mahomes is #1. The gap was too large at the QB position. I won quite a bit on the Chiefs, even though it made me sick to bet on them. 

Top 5 QB with an above-average roster I will take all day over a Fringe Top 10 QB with a stacked roster. All day long. 

Give me Rodgers.

I don’t think you can underestimate the coaching of Andy Reid either, some fabulous play calls at just the right time. Best coach/QB combination in the NFL sadly. Reid is the best coach in the NFL right now.

8 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I don’t think you can underestimate the coaching of Andy Reid either, some fabulous play calls at just the right time. Best coach/QB combination in the NFL sadly. Reid is the best coach in the NFL right now.

Without a doubt. Pat is the best Qb in the game but he is in the best situation with the best coach in the game. It is tough to throw the ball in the redzone and he was scheming guys wide open - just a really impressive coach. He has a young team full of studs. I am not sure why people keep saying the roster is not that good they are loaded with talent. Andy is all time great coach and team builder. Ugh I hate saying that but its true. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raiderlife24 said:

Without a doubt. Pat is the best Qb in the game but he is in the best situation with the best coach in the game. It is tough to throw the ball in the redzone and he was scheming guys wide open - just a really impressive coach. He has a young team full of studs. I am not sure why people keep saying the roster is not that good they are loaded with talent. Andy is all time great coach and team builder. Ugh I hate saying that but its true. 

Yep, it makes me feel besmirched just saying it! 😁

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 10:59 AM, Raiderlife24 said:

True. This has always been the knock against Carr right? Lack of red zone TDs... When you have the right coach and play calls it should be easier to find guys wide open in the red zone with different set ups. Reid and Mahomes seem to punch it in every time with some kind of trick or gimmick play.. or just a simple rollout. I'm just never going to be convinced it was entirely Carr's fault. Sorry to bring Carr back into the discussion lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaisinBran said:

True. This has always been the knock against Carr right? Lack of red zone TDs... When you have the right coach and play calls it should be easier to find guys wide open in the red zone with different set ups. Reid and Mahomes seem to punch it in every time with some kind of trick or gimmick play.. or just a simple rollout. I'm just never going to be convinced it was entirely Carr's fault. Sorry to bring Carr back into the discussion lol.

Yeh, against supposedly the best NFL defence and twice they had guys so wide open in the red zone that I could literally have tossed those TDs myself. Coaching master class if ever I saw it.

I hate the Chiefs but you have to take your hat off to the play design there and coaching. Kudos.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, against supposedly the best NFL defence and twice they had guys so wide open in the red zone that I could literally have tossed those TDs myself. Coaching master class if ever I saw it.

I hate the Chiefs but you have to take your hat off to the play design there and coaching. Kudos.

Without those two plays, the Eagles are SB champs. The real MVP of this game was Andy Reid. The dude earns every penny the Chiefs pay him. I just wish he wasn’t an HC in the AFC West, haha.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

Carr has tunnel vision, his entire career of being the worst thru several coaches doesn't convince you lol. His lack of play making and no threat of running doesn’t help with opportunities.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

Reid is amazing and would help any QB but Mahomes is able to make plays when the call does not work.  He knows what guys are going to do and they know he will extend and give them a chance.  Carr rarely extends plays and when he does it is generally a quick decision to throw it away or run to the sideline.  If you watch plays where he breaks the pocket nobody looks like they know how to run a scramble drill or they act like Cooper and quit because they do not think he is going to throw to them.  Nobody ever seemed to get mad about this and it appeared to never get resolved while he was here.   do not get how that aspect of the game was always ignored.  

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

They’ll never understand. 

Who the f*ck is they? One poster, who said he wasn’t convinced it was ENTIRELY Carr’s fault. You still got all your eggs in loves and lances basket, while you were busy talking about how Herbert sucked. News flash Bay.....you sir, are NOT “the QB guru”. BP was right, you just can’t help yourself. Lmfao + smmfh

13 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Carr has tunnel vision, his entire career of being the worst thru several coaches doesn't convince you lol. His lack of play making and no threat of running doesn’t help with opportunities.

I tried to believe in carr, but the happy feet/pocket presence and his tunnel vision were always super frustrating, that and short deep balls. Over nine years he probably cost himself about 3/4 tds a year with underthrown bombs. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 4:35 PM, raidr4life said:

Ok? That doesn't really discredit anything I stated in my last post you're replying to. We are talking about red zone efficiency based on creative playcalling getting guys WIDE OPEN. What playmaking is needed in situations where WRs, TEs, HBs, or even OL are standing practically alone in the endzone for a pass? How does Carr's tunnel vision factor into play designs that gets guys wide open in the red zone on the first read? This is why I stand by what I said, and I will remain unconvinced that our lack of red zone efficiency was entirely Carr's fault. You don't think Carr would have a much better red zone efficiency if he had Andy Reid calling the plays for him his whole career? Out of all of Travis Kelce's touchdowns, how many of those is he wide open or in a position where he'll win his matchup almost 100% of the time because of a misdirection or play fake?

Some of you guys are so blinded by your hatred for Carr because this was supposed to be an exciting season. I know some guys like BP are fairly neutral in their approach's but some of the responses I see on here are so emotional. You should be mad at management for keeping him for so long... he gave it his all while he was our QB and yea it wasn't enough but at the same time it wasn't all his fault either. 

Let's start thinking about next season without blaming Carr for all of our problems.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

Ok? That doesn't really discredit anything I stated in my last post you're replying to. We are talking about red zone efficiency based on creative playcalling getting guys WIDE OPEN. What playmaking is needed in situations where WRs, TEs, HBs, or even OL are standing practically alone in the endzone for a pass? How does Carr's tunnel vision factor into play designs that gets guys wide open in the red zone on the first read? This is why I stand by what I said, and I will remain unconvinced that our lack of red zone efficiency was entirely Carr's fault. You don't think Carr would have a much better red zone efficiency if he had Andy Reid calling the plays for him his whole career? Out of all of Travis Kelce's touchdowns, how many of those is he wide open or in a position where he'll win his matchup almost 100% of the time because of a misdirection or play fake?

Some of you guys are so blinded by your hatred for Carr because this was supposed to be an exciting season. I know some guys like BP are fairly neutral in their approach's but some of the responses I see on here are so emotional. You should be mad at management for keeping him for so long... he gave it his all while he was our QB and yea it wasn't enough but at the same time it wasn't all his fault either. 

Let's start thinking about next season without blaming Carr for all of our problems.

Meh. Pretty soon we'll have a whole host of new and old problems to complain about but no Carr. Should be an interesting year. I really don't have faith that we'll be very good. Maybe if we get rodgers. But I don't think he'll jive with McDaniels offense and play controls. Or, maybe Rodgers is too big a personality and McDaniels won't be able to say no to a HOF QB telling him to his face that he's going to do something. That may actually be a good pairing. 

Regardless, McDaniels hasn't shown he can win using his play calling an coaching abilities. So, with a mediocre QB at the held and other roster improvements...I expect us to be a 6-8 win team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

Carr is still bad in the redzone no matter who scheming, it's not like we never seen him miss wide open people either, sure he might be a little better if he had Reid but that's not really his problem it's mental the field gets short he gets butterflies.

• Like 1