Around The League V.2

Totty

Just now, Geezy said:

It would’ve helped because the whole league wouldn’t know we were committed to trading him. We could’ve let the deadline pass and still trade him. Now our hands are tied. They showed their hand too soon imo. It’s not even all about DC, it’s the lack of direction. And if it’s Mark meddling then we have even bigger problems. It’s not personal with these guys, I hope they prove my doubts wrong and I’d be their biggest fan. The constant ineptitude has been frustrating, and I’m just not seeing the vision yet. Hopefully this off-season shows us the direction we’re headed. We’re in a confusing spot as an org, top heavy with no depth, but will have to give up extra assets to get a QB, when we really need to spread them around all through the roster. Even if we do land Rodgers, he’s eating up cap, going to cost a couple nice picks. We’re not a QB away. Don’t even get me started with the whole “culture” element lol 

I do agree that they could've handled it better for sure and not committed to moving on until they were able to assess what the QB market was going to look like. Holding onto him would've limited our cap flexibility though and likely would've meant us punting next season because the market could've dried up before we were able to move DC. I wish we would've held onto him until we knew we could upgrade though. And the decision to bench him wouldn't have been as weird if we benched other key guys as well but it also would've been kind of unfair to JJ/Adams to ask them to sacrifice record breaking seasons. 

This offseason will be crucial in defining what the team is going to be now and in the future. 

IIRC Rodgers will only have a $15M cap hit if he's traded and is also willing to rework his deal. I'd just hate to give up multiple firsts, we need to build a young core.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I do agree that they could've handled it better for sure and not committed to moving on until they were able to assess what the QB market was going to look like. Holding onto him would've limited our cap flexibility though and likely would've meant us punting next season because the market could've dried up before we were able to move DC. I wish we would've held onto him until we knew we could upgrade though. And the decision to bench him wouldn't have been as weird if we benched other key guys as well but it also would've been kind of unfair to JJ/Adams to ask them to sacrifice record breaking seasons. 

This offseason will be crucial in defining what the team is going to be now and in the future. 

IIRC Rodgers will only have a $15M cap hit if he's traded and is also willing to rework his deal. I'd just hate to give up multiple firsts, we need to build a young core.

Good year to build up the defense, seems the draft is deep in that side of the ball. Would hate to lose top picks for a vet again. Can’t develop home grown talent if we keep trading away premium picks. 

• Like 1

Just now, Geezy said:

Good year to build up the defense, seems the draft is deep in that side of the ball. Would hate to lose top picks for a vet again. Can’t develop home grown talent if we keep trading away premium picks. 

Agreed, I want us to go all in on developing the trenches. If we improve the OL / Defense and keep our weapons I think we could be competitive with Baker or Jimmy. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 3:45 PM, ronjon1990 said:

The end result in Payton is probably fine enough, though I agree he's overrated. 

But yeah, the route to get there looks like they have no clue what they're doing and are throwing desperation darts. 

It seems like they were high on Payton but preferred Ryans because it didn't come with giving up premium draft picks or the biggest HC contract in the league. 

On 1/31/2023 at 1:52 PM, RaidersAreOne said:
Gave up a 1st this year and 2nd next year, good god they are so screwed. I really like Payton but giving up that capital for him and Russ...
lol

They have to try and make it work with Russ but I'm not sure that him and Payton are a great fit together. He's going to have to drastically change his system to make it work.

So Robert Kraft wants Brady to sign a one day deal to retire a Patriot?  

I got a hundo that says Bill makes him attend practice and meetings that day.  

Edited by Totty
  • Like 1

Joe Mixon is seemingly in trouble with the law, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals move on this offseason. They can save $7M this year and $10M next year if they cut him which would help with Burrow, Higgins, and Chase all due for extensions soon. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Joe Mixon is seemingly in trouble with the law, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals move on this offseason. They can save $7M this year and $10M next year if they cut him which would help with Burrow, Higgins, and Chase all due for extensions soon. 

No shock there, he has kept himself outta trouble for awhile.... however, that’s what cost him originally....dumb*ss!! SMH! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Broncos requested an interview with Steelers linebackers coach Brian Flores for the team's defensive coordinator opening. 

Patriot way guy . . .  he will suck if I'm to believe everything I'm told here. 

In truth, any coach will have success with their talent level on defense. 

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Patriot way guy . . .  he will suck if I'm to believe everything I'm told here. 

In truth, any coach will have success with their talent level on defense. 

He's actually a very good defensive coordinator who actually was a better coach than McDaniels. I would say that if we had hired him it at the very least would've made more sense.

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

He's actually a very good defensive coordinator who actually was a better coach than McDaniels. I would say that if we had hired him it at the very least would've made more sense.

Patriots guys seem to find success as coordinators but suck as head coaches.

3 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

No shock there, he has kept himself outta trouble for awhile.... however, that’s what cost him originally....dumb*ss!! SMH! 

Wasn’t he the guy who smashed a young girl in the face on cctv camera? I guess a leopard doesn’t change its spots after all……..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I always quite liked him as a coach, seemed like a no nonsense, old school type coach. 

On 2/3/2023 at 1:41 AM, NYRaider said:

Agreed, I want us to go all in on developing the trenches. If we improve the OL / Defense and keep our weapons I think we could be competitive with Baker or Jimmy. 

agreed, rather Brisset then either of those qbs though. Jimmy g always hurt too. 

Baker isn't good and annoying personality. rather have Brisset who is quiet and gets job done to keep you competitive enough.