Adam Gase hired to be the HC of the NYJ

jetskid007

The positive responses from other athletes are helpful. Now he has something to prove. I like that. I can't defend his hiring, but I'm rooting for him to be the one to get us to the SB. 

I like the idea of adding Pagano or Vance on defense. 

Will be interesting to see what Macc & Gase do with the RB position. 

• Like 1

To me Adam Gase, got more out of the Miami team than he should have, their roster was worst than ours and he won   twice as many games than we did in 2018. There is no question he is a offensive minded coach. I could be wrong again, but I think he will we a fine coach for Darnold. He is only 40 years old but has a lot of experience. Now it is up to Macc, to get him a # 1 receiver & a edge rusher. If Chris Johnson was a big part in hiring Gase, than Chris is not the Buffoon, I though he was.  Now it time to put this COACHING CAROUSEL thing to bed. We just got another piece of the puzzle to make us respectable again. 

Edited by doumeyer

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

To me Adam Gase, got more out of the Miami team than he should have, their roster was worst than ours and he won   twice as many games than we did in 2018. There is no question he is a offensive minded coach. I could be wrong again, but I think he will we a fine coach for Darnold. He is only 40 years old but has a lot of experience. Now it is up to Macc, to get him a # 1 receiver & a edge rusher. If Chris Johnson was a big part in hiring Gase, than Chris is not the Buffoon, I though he was.  Now it time to put this COACHING CAROUSEL thing to bed. We just got another piece of the puzzle to make us respectable again. 

Bro when discussing things to add to this team please mention the O-Line. We gotta speak it into existence. 

• Like 1

Truth is we really didn’t know much about Gase and probably didn’t research him much because nobody expected us to hire him. After really digging deep, I have more faith in what we’re doing here than I did before. We didn’t go boring, stale and conservative and we might just be rewarded.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Bengals hired Zac Taylor. He was a guy I really liked. Disappointed we never tried interviewing him.

The lack of experience scared the crap out of me. I would have liked to see at least 1 year of calling plays. 

Edited by mattmanz91

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Truth is we really didn’t know much about Gase and probably didn’t research him much because nobody expected us to hire him. After really digging deep, I have more faith in what we’re doing here than I did before. We didn’t go boring, stale and conservative and we might just be rewarded.

100% true for me. I didn’t even think he had a chance. So I didn’t bother researching him. Still would prefer Monken but Gase is right there for me. And I can see why he was the right hire. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Why is calling plays a prerequisite for being a head coach?

It's not the actual act of calling plays, it's that, as an offensive play caller you have more responsibilities.

As the OC/ play caller, it's your job to get every player on that side of the ball prepared, as well as create a game plan and make in game adjustments. A QB coach, coachs the QBs and their main responsibility is only that position group. I'm sure a QB coach also has a hand in game planning and can be a sounding board for the OC/playcaller, but at the end of the day, they have significantly less responsibility than the person calling the plays. 

All I'm saying is that it seems like being the OC/playcaller is a helpful step in a coaches development that would ulitmately increase their probability of success.

Would McVay have had the same success if he was hired a few years earlier as a QB coach? Maybe, but I have to think the few years he spent handling the offense was valuable experience for him in the grand scheme of things.