1. 1. Likeliest upset?

• Philadelphia Eagles
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • LA Chargers
    • Dallas Cowboys

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Eagles 23 Saints 27 - Saints sit on a lead and the Eagles close the gap

Chargers 17 Patriots 24 - Turnovers determine the game

Colts 20 Chiefs 34 - Chiefs high power offense shows up and it makes it hard to compete, let alone win.

Cowboys 6 Rams 13 - Rams defense shows up for the post season. Cowboy defense pressures Goff into some miscues but the Cowboy O doesn't capitalize.

Id be shocked if the Rams were held to just 13pts. The lowest they have scored at home was 23pts against the Eagles. Even then Goff was one completed throw in the endzone (in which I believe he had 3 tries) from getting the Rams to 30pts (pending the XP being made). Thats the first game the Rams offense actually struggled at home all season. Plus you give McVay two weeks to prepare and Gurley rested and healthy, I just dont see how the Cowboys hold the Rams under at worst 20pts. And I think I might be bullish on 20pts as the lowest they will score in this game. 

18 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Id be shocked if the Rams were held to just 13pts. The lowest they have scored at home was 23pts against the Eagles. Even then Goff was one completed throw in the endzone (in which I believe he had 3 tries) from getting the Rams to 30pts (pending the XP being made). Thats the first game the Rams offense actually struggled at home all season. Plus you give McVay two weeks to prepare and Gurley rested and healthy, I just dont see how the Cowboys hold the Rams under at worst 20pts. And I think I might be bullish on 20pts as the lowest they will score in this game. 

Im sure saints fans said the same thing when the cowboys held them to 10 points in NO. 

Cowboys are very good at creating pressure with their front four, lawrence is a monster, goff is not a good QB when he is pressured. 

Their LBs are incredible, they fly around and make plays. Gurley wont get loose, LVE and Smith should be able to prevent goff from having him on screens/dump offs, which is one of the main ways the rams get the ball into his hands. Having a guy on Gurley at all times is a huge part of slowing down the rams offense

No one fears any of your WRs anymore. Woods is solid, but unspectacular. Cooks has gotten a lot of attention from opposing teams and hasnt been able to shake free. The gameplan to beat the rams has been put on tape. Its:

The Rams offense looked really bad in that eagles game until the fourth quarter, so using that game as a point of reference without context is a poor example. I think the cowboys will have much of the same gameplan that the eagles and bears did. I broke it down in both GDTs prior to those games and I pretty much nailed it.

Cowboys 27 - Rams 20 

Colts/Chiefs will go into OT with mahomes magic winning it

Chargers beat the pats 24-17 where the pats score a TD late to make it look closer than it was

Saints are losing in the third before they turn it on and pull away late 34-25

(not to toot my own horn, but look at these predictions from last week in page 31 of this thread)

5 hours ago, N4L said:

Im sure saints fans said the same thing when the cowboys held them to 10 points in NO. 

Cowboys are very good at creating pressure with their front four, lawrence is a monster, goff is not a good QB when he is pressured. 

Their LBs are incredible, they fly around and make plays. Gurley wont get loose, LVE and Smith should be able to prevent goff from having him on screens/dump offs, which is one of the main ways the rams get the ball into his hands. Having a guy on Gurley at all times is a huge part of slowing down the rams offense

No one fears any of your WRs anymore. Woods is solid, but unspectacular. Cooks has gotten a lot of attention from opposing teams and hasnt been able to shake free. The gameplan to beat the rams has been put on tape. Its:

The Rams offense looked really bad in that eagles game until the fourth quarter, so using that game as a point of reference without context is a poor example. I think the cowboys will have much of the same gameplan that the eagles and bears did. I broke it down in both GDTs prior to those games and I pretty much nailed it.

Cowboys 27 - Rams 20 

Colts/Chiefs will go into OT with mahomes magic winning it

Chargers beat the pats 24-17 where the pats score a TD late to make it look closer than it was

Saints are losing in the third before they turn it on and pull away late 34-25

(not to toot my own horn, but look at these predictions from last week in page 31 of this thread)

That game was in Dallas in which we know the Saints have their struggles on the road offensively and the Cowboys hyped up that game as their Superbowl. Dallas went to Indy and got shut out 23-0. The Eagles were able to move the ball, score at will in the 2nd half and took the game into OT. Both those games came AFTER that notorious Saints game. That tells me the Cowboys defense is inconsistent. Talented but inconsistent.

Teams still feat Woods and Cooks. They can beat teams in the air and on the ground. If the Cowboys take them for granted expect a big game those guys either receiving or even getting big splash plays rushing. And everyone is going to focus on Gurley which will make that jet sweep action to Woods, Cooks, even Everett so juicy. McVay had 2 weeks to prepare so again he is going to throw things at Dallas they haven’t seen them before. Think of last season when the Rams had 10 days to prepare and in the game McVay hit the Cowboys on a play that the Chiefs got the Pats on Week 1 with Hunt. I’m sure the Cowboys didn’t see it coming and the results were the same, Gurley td. Just like with the Chiefs, Hunt td. Totally caught the Pats with that look on their face lol. 

16 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Id be shocked if the Rams were held to just 13pts.

I'm sure the Cowboys would be shocked to only score 6 points. My prediction wasn't to make friends, just one way I could see the game going. I think it will be close unless the Cowboys can't pressure Goff then it will be a blowout. Zeke should be able to run for 100+ and 2 TD, but I don't think he will. I think the game will go fast, both teams move the ball okay but turn it over. Goff loses a fumble and throws at least one pick. Dak returns the favor. A pick 6 or fumble returned for a TD could make my prediction seem low even if it plays out that way but I'm just assuming the turnovers don't happen deep in their own territory.

57 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm sure the Cowboys would be shocked to only score 6 points. My prediction wasn't to make friends, just one way I could see the game going. I think it will be close unless the Cowboys can't pressure Goff then it will be a blowout. Zeke should be able to run for 100+ and 2 TD, but I don't think he will. I think the game will go fast, both teams move the ball okay but turn it over. Goff loses a fumble and throws at least one pick. Dak returns the favor. A pick 6 or fumble returned for a TD could make my prediction seem low even if it plays out that way but I'm just assuming the turnovers don't happen deep in their own territory.

I think the game was be a one possession game once its all said and done. I could see low scoring but not 13pts low. The Rams played a similar team to the Cowboys in the Seahawks because they like to slow it down, run the ball, and control the clock. They do it well as they are the top rushing offense in football. It didnt matter because the Rams scored at least 33pts in both meetings this season. The Seahawks also dont turn the ball over and the Rams still scored a ton of points. So again Ill be shocked if the Rams score few points in this game.

37 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I think the game was be a one possession game once its all said and done. I could see low scoring but not 13pts low. The Rams played a similar team to the Cowboys in the Seahawks because they like to slow it down, run the ball, and control the clock. They do it well as they are the top rushing offense in football. It didnt matter because the Rams scored at least 33pts in both meetings this season. The Seahawks also dont turn the ball over and the Rams still scored a ton of points. So again Ill be shocked if the Rams score few points in this game.

If the Cowboys only get to Goff one or two times then yeah, they will score. It just seems to me like they will get home with pressure and cause some mistakes. The Cowboys have to get pressure to keep this a game imo.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If the Cowboys only get to Goff one or two times then yeah, they will score. It just seems to me like they will get home with pressure and cause some mistakes. The Cowboys have to get pressure to keep this a game imo.

I agree that the Cowboys have to get pressure on Goff or he will carve them up. Thats why McVay having that BYE is huge. Its not just because Gurley gets another week of rest. Im very confident in Anderson if Gurley couldnt go. Again only one person mentioned Anderson as a factor if Gurley couldnt go or isnt himself. Anderson is a talented player that help play a big role in the Broncos winning the Superbowl. The only issue for Anderson has always been health. It has never been his talent. You put him on a team that is great in run blocking and ranks 3rd in the NFL in rushing, the Rams will be fine if they had to go to Anderson.

Having the BYE gives McVay more time to find ways to exploit the Cowboys defense. If that happens now you are asking Dak to do more. The question is, can he do more? Zeke is going to get his. The last time the Cowboys played the Rams they had 189yds rushing but that didnt matter because when it counted the most Dak didnt deliver and the Rams won. So Im looking at Dak knowing McVay is going to have something ready for the Cowboys. Can they stop it? If not, can Dak do more than to keep up and give his team a chance to win?  

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree that the Cowboys have to get pressure on Goff or he will carve them up. Thats why McVay having that BYE is huge. Its not just because Gurley gets another week of rest. Im very confident in Anderson if Gurley couldnt go. Again only one person mentioned Anderson as a factor if Gurley couldnt go or isnt himself. Anderson is a talented player that help play a big role in the Broncos winning the Superbowl. The only issue for Anderson has always been health. It has never been his talent. You put him on a team that is great in run blocking and ranks 3rd in the NFL in rushing, the Rams will be fine if they had to go to Anderson.

Having the BYE gives McVay more time to find ways to exploit the Cowboys defense. If that happens now you are asking Dak to do more. The question is, can he do more? Zeke is going to get his. The last time the Cowboys played the Rams they had 189yds rushing but that didnt matter because when it counted the most Dak didnt deliver and the Rams won. So Im looking at Dak knowing McVay is going to have something ready for the Cowboys. Can they stop it? If not, can Dak do more than to keep up and give his team a chance to win?  

Pretty much any NFL RB is going to do well with good run blocking, that is why the position is devalued. Anderson is fine, he isn't above average though, good overall RB who can run and catch but a lot of RBs fall in that category. He isn't going to be the difference in this game I don't think.

If the Cowboys get pressure on Goff the 2 weeks means nothing. If they don't get pressure they would be fine if they played yesterday...not really but preparation wise they would be fine.

I'm bad at predictions. I predicted the Bears game for a giveaway (win--score--last player to score TD) and I'm pretty sure that's the closest I have came all season (Bears, 22-15, Miller).

I'm going
Saints over Eagles = 36-13
Rams over Cowboys = 23-22
Chargers over Patriots = 26-28
Chiefs over Colts = 31-27

Archived