SmittyBacall

Likeliest upset?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Likeliest upset?

• Philadelphia Eagles
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • LA Chargers
    • Dallas Cowboys

I realize there's already a Divisional Round thread, but I wanted to see some opinions on the scores. Any upsets predicted? I'm going with two. 

Eagles [23 - 27] Saints

Chargers [30 - 26] Patriots

Colts [33 - 31] Chiefs

Cowboys [23 - 27] Rams

TEMPLATE:

Eagles [ - ] Saints

Chargers [ - ] Patriots

Colts [ - ] Chiefs

Cowboys [ - ] Rams

Chargers and Cowboys both have a very good chance.  Chargers if I have to pick one.  

Edit: I’m crap at actual score predictions. I’ll say double digit margins of victory in the Saints/Eagles and Colts/Chiefs, but the other two will be one possession games.

From my % +- model:

Kansas City (59.5%) 32-25 Indianapolis

Los Angeles Rams (60.8%) 31-25 Dallas

New England (51.8%) 28-27 Los Angeles Chargers - The most likely upset, but no underdogs are favored by my model this round. The Chargers are actually rated better (+18% to NE's +17% - LA favored 50.4% on neutral field), but home-field makes up for it in this case.

New Orleans (64.5%) 34-27 Philadelphia

Colts [34-31] Chiefs

Cowboys [23-31] Rams

Chargers [27-20] Patriots

Eagles [17-38] Saints

When it comes to predicting scores Im not great except for with my team since I have a better feel for them. I strongly feel thats going to be the score of the Cowboys and Rams. Those other games I could be wrong with the score but I do think those teams will win. 

Eagles 23 Saints 27 - Saints sit on a lead and the Eagles close the gap

Chargers 17 Patriots 24 - Turnovers determine the game

Colts 20 Chiefs 34 - Chiefs high power offense shows up and it makes it hard to compete, let alone win.

Cowboys 6 Rams 13 - Rams defense shows up for the post season. Cowboy defense pressures Goff into some miscues but the Cowboy O doesn't capitalize.

Archived