The Ill Mind of SwAg: Game Thread -- Game Over

SwAg

30 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

@Dome we’re you intentionally being as much of a pest as you were? 

Haha yeah on the final two days I was just trying to look dumb lost civ. I needed to convert two people in two days to win and wanted whoever was making hits to keep me alive

my original role was a townie, my ability was town couldn’t lose while I was alive. It’s why I kept suggesting my own lynch and forcing claims and generally playing scummy, had to make scum keep ignoring me, thinking they’d be able to flip my bad play on me for an easy lynch 

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

How hard is it to win when you survive a lynch, a day hit and have nightly kills at your disposal?

Had you not won, you should mod kill yourself for several games on principle alone

I earned those protections, I didn’t get the first one until the 3rd lynch, I had people tunneling on me

And also, once you survive one thing that should have killed you, it causes you to be targeted all game

Also, I spent the entire game lying about how bulletproof I was. They SHOULD have gotten me.

Just now, Dome said:

Haha yeah on the final two days I was just trying to look dumb lost civ. I needed to convert two people in two days to win and wanted whoever was making hits to keep me alive

my original role was a townie, my ability was town couldn’t lose while I was alive. It’s why I kept suggesting my own lynch and forcing claims and generally playing scummy, had to make scum keep ignoring me, thinking they’d be able to flip my bad play on me for an easy lynch 

Well you played the part very well lmao

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I earned those protections, I didn’t get the first one until the 3rd lynch, I had people tunneling on me

And also, once you survive one thing that should have killed you, it causes you to be targeted all game

Also, I spent the entire game lying about how bulletproof I was. They SHOULD have gotten me.

So dying 3 times makes it harder to win vs dying just 1x?

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

When I was civ the first 3 days I thought you were as well. You did play that well though since no one hit you 

7 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

You weren't a threat to us.  First invest on us failed and we didnt think you had invested any of us at all so until we did, you were living.  

I invested 3 of you lol, you just died every time. Only ones I didn’t were rags and malf and dome

7 minutes ago, Dome said:

@gopherwrestler sorry for making you claim lol.... I feel like I more than made up for it by converting for you a win 

Haha it’s true you did, I’m just glad my invest worked on you too

6 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

You weren't a threat to us.  First invest on us failed and we didnt think you had invested any of us at all so until we did, you were living.  

There also was no communication between a few people n1 and n2.  That's how 2 ended up visiting malf.  The collective group had no idea the hit until it was too late for n1 and n2 

Game Wrap-Up Post:

Mechanics:

Every Role (except Tabula Rasa) began with no alignment and four different abilities that could be randomized into producing an effective Town and Mafia based upon which roles were selected as scum.  Accordingly, there was no logical way to discern Mafia/Town based upon Character or SwAgtribute.

Each character had a small passive chance of influencing the night action of anyone it contacted, with the percent escalating based upon the particular pairing.  Unfortunately, none of these effects actually occurred in the game, and mostly would have had a negligible effect as the people with significant effects died early.

Roles:

Town-Aligned

Girls in Yoga Pants, @Malfatron

Girls in Yoga Pants, SwAg’s Lust, Town-Aligned

What can I say?  I’m a fan of how little is left to imagination these days.  You’re not one of those heifers who prompt a gag reflex.  You’re one of those gym body girls who cause mouths to water.  It’s hard to tell if you’re a girl with self-respect, or if you have been pounded more times than every nail in the floorboards you stand on.  Either way, you’re enough to grab the attention of your targets.

Ability:  You may select a player to be redirected to another player.  You may choose both the redirected player and their destination.  (E.g., “Redirect [Player X] to [Player Y].”).

Win Condition:  Eliminate all threats to Town.

You may communicate outside the Game Thread with:  No one.

HIDDEN: 

-       You have a chance of randomly redirecting other people who are on your way to your target.  The player list determines who is on your way to the target.  (E.g., if you are Player 1 and you target Player 20, every person is theoretically eligible for a passive redirect).  People who submit their night action before you have a 50% chance of resisting the passive effect.  Certain roles have built in resistance to this effect.

-       God, I hope you do not target Brett Kavanaugh because this game will get dark in a hurry.

Brett Kavanaugh, @James

Brett Kavanaugh, SwAg’s Self-Control, Town-Aligned

You are Brett Kavanaugh, who is now a Supreme Court Justice, but also an insidious sexual predator with a drinking problem.  You truly convinced me with your composure during that Senate hearing.  I mean, if you could be that belligerent and unhinged on the most consequential day of your professional career, I can only imagine what you’re like drunk.  I suppose we will have to find out!

Ability:  You may target a player to be roleblocked each night, as the individual will join you to shotgun beers, butt chug, and lift weights with PJ, Tobin, and Squee.

HIDDEN:

-       Oh my God.  This could get rapey super fast.

-       If he dies, the judiciary is closed for the following two phases to mourn its loss.  (Effect:  Bernie Madoff cannot make deals).

LaRon Landry, @11sanchez11

LaRon Landry, SwAg’s Tough Exterior, Town-Aligned

You are LaRon Landry.  Some may think of him as merely a mediocre Strong Safety from nearly a decade ago, but they’re stupid and wrong.  You’re a phenom in the gym, whose arms are the size of the average person’s torso.  Unfortunately, you also (allegedly!) did performance enhancing drugs.  How were you supposed to know there would be urine test?  Shenanigans.

Ability:  You may choose each phase whether to utilize a passive or active ability.

-       Passive:  You will randomly protect one person from an adverse night action each night.

o   20% Chance:  Kill

o   30% Chance:  Roleblock

o   30%  Chance:  Redirect

o   20%  Chance:  Any Other Adverse Night Action.

-       Active: 

o   Protect a person of your choice from one selected action.  Your choices for selected actions are the same as above.  (E.g., Kill, Roleblock, Redirect, Other).

HIDDEN: 

-         If you die, SwAg has a reduced chance of returning from death, or otherwise must consume multiple charges.  SwAg is nothing without his tough exterior.

-         Other Adverse Night Actions included:  Vote Block, Role Block, Redirect, Post Conditions, etc.  Could "protect" Mafia, but reduced likelihood by 20%.

Frank Reynolds, @KOTN-93

Frank Reynolds, SwAg’s “Fort Knox,” Town-Aligned

You are Frank Reynolds from the Always Sunny in Philadelphia Universe.  You were formerly “shanghaied upstate at a nitwit school,” but that only fortified you mentally.  Well, sorta.  Okay, not really.  It’s not really important.  What is important is that your “skull is Fort Knox,” and you’re going to keep order.  Chaotic order, but order nonetheless, dammit.

Ability:  You have one passive and active ability.

-       Passive:

o   As long as you are alive, the mind will remain stable, and the various internal components of the mind will remain limited. If you die, the subconscious will be disrupted and chaos (well, more chaos) is inevitable.

-       Active:

o   Select half of the remaining players.  Their roles will be influenced by your volatile personality for next phase.  (SINGLE USE).

HIDDEN:

-          So long as you are alive, all roles remain inhibited.  Upon death, the strongest remaining personality trait will become Cult-Aligned and be able to recruit other complementary or vulnerable SwAgtributes.

Bernie Madoff, @Ragnarok

Bernie Madoff, SwAg’s Sense of Fairness, Town-Aligned

You are Bernie Madoff, a notorious mastermind of one of the largest Ponzi schemes in history.  Some people portray you similarly as a classic gangster, such as Al Capone, but let’s be real: you were not bootlegging, you were conning elderly people out of social security checks.  You hid behind your legal team and negotiated one-sided deals with unsuspecting saps… and you were caught… Fortunately for you, President Trump has pardoned you.  Now you’re out of the joint and ready to pick up where you left off.

Ability:  You may make contracts with other players in the thread.  However, there are various requirements for such contract:

-       You must demonstrate the basic elements of a contract: offer, consideration (reliance), and acceptance.

o   You make the deal in-thread, and then message me the relative posts and explain why this forms a contract.

o   I will enforce all legitimate contracts.  I do not care if they jokingly accepted, or if there is a legal contract defense to it.

§  All of that is too complicated and too “not fun” for Mafia. 

-       EXAMPLE: 

o   “I will give you my vote today if I can have your vote tomorrow.”

o   “Okay.”

o   Message me the relevant posts, and relinquish your vote.

§  This person will now have a double vote for that phase.

§  This person will have their vote forcibly taken and given to you the following phase.

-       The contract can only bind the player who is making the contract.  (E.g., you cannot make a contract with Player X that binds Player Y.).

-       You cannot make any “game-breaking” contracts.  (E.g., “If you’re

o   This is an objective and subjective inquiry by me, and such contracts will be rejected as fraudulent.  As you know, fraud carries consequences…

HIDDEN:  

-           If he has multiple fraudulent contracts he will be removed from the game, but will have a chance to convince people of his innocence!  The day phase will be turned into his trial between: Guilty (Lynch) and Not Guilty (No Lynch).

-           Jeff Bezos, Socrates, Brett Kavanaugh, SwAg, and Voldemort are all immune to contract negotiations.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

I was amazed nobody was more worried about me asking for a lynch and my bomb bit lol

people just glossed over me forcing the investigator to claim for no reason whatsoever lmao 

If i would have asked, you would have assumed I was mafia and pushed for my lynch.

Archived