The Linehan Watch - FINAL DECISION: TERMINATED

textaz03

25 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I can't believe nobody is talking Zac Taylor as a possibility. I know he's a favorite for the Bengals job but crazier things have happened and he might come here if offered.

You think Taylor is going to turn down the Bengals HC job to be the Cowboys OC?

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Bahahahahahaha. Sometimes, people say, "It can't get any worse." Well, fellas, Doug Nussmeier is the definition of it getting worse. ;)

Best news I've heard today. After years of hoping for it, Scott Linehan is gone!

But more changes is needed, Linehan shouldn't be scapegoated. Dallas needs a new QB coach, Kris Richard to step in as the DC and for the next OC of this team to be able to run his own offense (instead of Jason Garrett's offense).

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Lol at Jason Garrett anticipating Linehan coming back!! Shows how much power he has.

Reporter: Will Linehan be back?

Jason Garrett : "I do, we don't anticipate any significant changes to our coaching staff."

*4 hours later*

Jason Garrett : "We haven't had any conversations about our coaching staff." 

Reporter: What changed from this morning to now???

Jason Garrett: "... I don't know how I answered that question this morning"

LOL. I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt, but he's definitely a puppet. 

4 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Jason Garrett : "I do, we don't anticipate any significant changes to our coaching staff."

*4 hours later*

I really do think he is a puppet.

I also believe JG to be a genuine person and loyal to a fault. He has a close relationship with Linehan.

I dont think no matter what the outcome was going to be, JGs first press conference would have been to shown support for Linehan. That's the type of person he is.

Nussmeier called plays in 2012-13 for Alabama while Amari Cooper was there. They also won a title (with AJ McCarron). I have to think he’s the heavy favorite to succeed SL.

9 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

*4 hours later*

Had to update the operating system

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Am I the only one who didn’t even realize this guy was our TE coach? We never heard about him... at least not compared to a guy like Sanjay Lal or Kellen Moore. When did he become a rising star?

Unless they think he’s the next Sean McVay, I would prefer some fresh blood.

He’s not. Nussmeier’s offense is quite vanilla.

16 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Nussmeier called plays in 2012-13 for Alabama while Amari Cooper was there. They also won a title (with AJ McCarron). I have to think he’s the heavy favorite to succeed SL.

Had to update the operating system

That made me openly LOL.

24 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

*4 hours later*

Jerry is the one in charge, not Garrett. However, reports are coming that Jerry and Stephen asked the players how they felt about Linehan and the answers weren’t positive. In fact, they apparently mirrored those of Dez Bryant last year.

Archived