Eagles vs. Saints: Divisional Round

TheRealMcCoy

Home team domination or upset alert?!?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Your Fighter!

• Brees and the Saints win double digitssss boy..... you seen the other high seeds this weekend???
    • Foles and the Eagles win a close one.... I've stopped doubting!
    • Brees and the Saints in a close one... Eagles playing better ball, but not good enough to win in the dome.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/13/2019 at 10:00 PM

Just now, topwop1 said:

Ya I'm not sure why they rushed that play before the 2 min warning. That said Alshon has no excuse not to catch that ball with those big mitts he has. I don't feel bad for the guy at all though. Talked mad **** about the Bears organization ever since he spurned us for the Eagles. That's karma.

Okay, but Mr. Karma has a Super Bowl ring.

3 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Well I came in expecting to lose but the way it happened still sucked. At least people all around the nation can now understand why Jim Schwartz is a terrible DC and that the eagles really need a real OC.

Holding ths Saints to 20 in the Superdome isnt a bad showing.

Props to the Saints though they should have been able to put that away sooner.  If they do stupid penalties and get down early like that on the Rams you'll see a diff story because the Rams have a better team to make them pay.  And side note, dumb play-calling by the Saints at the end IMO.  Didn't even pretend like they might do anything other than up the gut and were fortunate to get a first down; if they hadn't, true there wouldn't have been much time left after the punt but it would have still given the Eagles a last shot.

But hold your head high Eagle fans, you made a great run at the end of the year when everyone thought you wouldn't even make the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Actually, I don't think Schwartz is. I think he doesn't do a great job of making adjustments, but you held the Saints to 20 points with a secondary full of liabilities and Fletcher Cox missing chunks of the game. Frankly, the fact that your defense was a solid unit this year with all of the injuries is a testament to Schwartz not being terrible.

If the saints didn't come out the gate looking like a peewee football team would you still think this?

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

If the saints didn't come out the gate looking like a peewee football team would you still think this?

But you have to give Schwartz props for that. Where he was a huge letdown today was his failure to adjust.

While everybody is fawning over the quarterbacks, winning defenses have held offenses to 17.25 points per playoff game.  That number goes down significantly if the Patriots didn't let the Chargers score so much in garbage time. 

Archived