AFC Championship: Patriots vs. Chiefs

DigInBoys

14 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

The snarkiness is amusing, but yeah, just like in every other job in the history of the world, some people work harder than others. And when a coach and QB both do it, that's a major factor in success. I never claimed there werent other factors, so your last statement is a strawman.

Or how about they're just better at their jobs regardless of how hard everyone else works. There are always going to be people better than other people, and isn't simply whittled down to amount of hours worked. 95% of folks at the pro level works hard. You just don't hear about it because they don't have stacks of accolades. Doesn't mean they aren't working just as hard.

Wasn't sure if you were aware if other factors. Didn't seen so. Felt obligated to educate you. My bad.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Yeah I remember that clip. But this isn't anyway an indictment on the 31 other teams, or how hard they work. Which is why I chuckle a bit when people equate, especially in football, the amount of accomplishments denotes how much harder they are working than anyone else. As if that was some bedtime story they're equating to all aspects of reality. Nope, some people are just better period.

Oh def not. Again I don't agree they work harder than everyone else.

To me, Brady and Belichick is like working with a respected colleague that you gel with so well that you both find yourselves doing your best work whenever you work together and can see a clear difference when working with anyone else.  

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Or how about they're just better at their jobs regardless of how hard everyone else works. There are always going to be people better than other people, and isn't simply whittled down to amount of hours worked. 95% of folks at the pro level works hard.

The team leaders have bought completely into Belichick's culture that they will fine players for being late to team meetings, not putting forth effort in practice, etc.  They hold the rest of the team accountable- not Belichick, not the other coaches, the players themselves.  That is the kind of culture that most businesses dream about, much less NFL teams.  I can say as a Redskins fan that it's the reason why we've struggled for so long, and the Patriots have dominated.  

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

Oh def not. Again I don't agree they work harder than everyone else.

To me, Brady and Belichick is like working with a respected colleague that you gel with so well that you both find yourselves doing your best work whenever you work together and can see a clear difference when working with anyone else.  

I know. There is just someone else in this thread trying to spin that American Dream logic, and it's ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The team leaders have bought completely into Belichick's culture that they will fine players for being late to team meetings, not putting forth effort in practice, etc.  They hold the rest of the team accountable- not Belichick, not the other coaches, the players themselves.  That is the kind of culture that most businesses dream about, much less NFL teams.  I can say as a Redskins fan that it's the reason why we've struggled for so long, and the Patriots have dominated.  

Yes, they have a better method or methods. Quality, not quantity. 

21 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yup. But who do they hire to replace him? I feel like most of the quality candidates are gone at this point. Maybe they'd promote from within?

I don't know, honestly, but I think at this point I'd take the unknown over what Sutton puts out there. That's a defense with the likes of Dee Ford, Chris Jones and Justin Houston (and yes, he may not be what he was, but he's still a quality player), not to mention Eric Berry (when healthy), but still is worse than a 49ers defense that is basically Deforest Buckner and a bunch of dudes. Jim Tomsula supposedly wants out of Washington. His players have always loved him, he's been one of the best defensive line coaches in the NFL for a long time now, maybe they can get permission to interview him. Maybe he'd be an awful d-coordinator, maybe not (obviously his HC stint wasn't ideal, but it was clear that he had no business being promoted to that role, and given the roster he was given, it's really hard to blame everything on him). But at this point, I'd be willing to find out. 

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Or how about they're just better at their jobs regardless of how hard everyone else works. There are always going to be people better than other people, and isn't simply whittled down to amount of hours worked. 95% of folks at the pro level works hard. You just don't hear about it because they don't have stacks of accolades. Doesn't mean they aren't working just as hard.

Wasn't sure if you were aware if other factors. Didn't seen so. Felt obligated to educate you. My bad.

Agreed. 

I am a Lakers fan and people used to say this stuff about Kobe all the time and I was like "yeah, he works hard. But he is also more talented then 95% of the players out there.".  You can work hard all the time, but sometimes other guys are just better at their jobs no matter what. 

Archived