AFC Championship: Patriots vs. Chiefs

DigInBoys

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Can't really get much from the picture, would need the video to see what occurred immediately before. I don't think that picture really says much of anything right now. I mean, did Edelman slip while being blocked? Because from a still image, it kind of looks like that, and yeah, I think you'd be hard pressed to penalize someone for that. 

https://youtu.be/nKLkj0FzoEo?t=564

35 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

2 problems:

Brady did not do this in a secret room for publicity

Nick Foles would never say what you quoted him as saying. He has spoken on the subject.

Let us say that Brady made a poor decision shortly after a fletcher Cox kicked his butt on a Hail Mary.

If he loses in 2 weeks and runs away from Goff the please crush him.

What are you talking about? What did I supposedly Quote Nick Foles of saying? I said "Brady made no contact I'm aware of" during or post SB which was the question  asked to me? You have anything to suggest otherwise, by all means?

My original  point still stands. Bradys not secretly  meeting with Mahomes, had they lost. Period! 

52 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Or how about they're just better at their jobs regardless of how hard everyone else works. There are always going to be people better than other people, and isn't simply whittled down to amount of hours worked. 95% of folks at the pro level works hard. You just don't hear about it because they don't have stacks of accolades. Doesn't mean they aren't working just as hard.

Wasn't sure if you were aware if other factors. Didn't seen so. Felt obligated to educate you. My bad.

I mentioned other factors in the first post you replied to, so apology accepted.

Brady and Belichick are better at their jobs in large part because they work harder than others, and have for many years. I'm surprised this would even be remotely controversial.

Work ethic, like running speed or arm strength, is a talent. And yeah, not every player and coach has the same level of work ethic. Belichick's and Brady's superior work ethic as a coach/QB team is, in my opinion, a top reason why they have been able to dominate for two decades in an age of supremely physically talented players in a league built for parity.

8 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

so i assume Ford will sign a hefty contract with the Pats once FA comes around xD

I'm actually kind of curious if it hurts his market value at all. He was having a conveniently timed career year prior to that game.

46 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Pats get all the calls though! 

Everyone cried about the catch rule.

Now the Pats catch balls with control that roll on the ground and everyone cries about this rule.

You all demanded this change for poor Jesse James.

The call that decided the game was a fool clearly  in the neutral zone.

That is called every time.

10 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

I mentioned other factors in the first post you replied to, so apology accepted.

Brady and Belichick are better at their jobs in large part because they work harder than others, and have for many years. I'm surprised this would even be remotely controversial.

Work ethic, like running speed or arm strength, is a talent. And yeah, not every player and coach has the same level of work ethic. Belichick's and Brady's superior work ethic as a coach/QB team is, in my opinion, a top reason why they have been able to dominate for two decades in an age of supremely physically talented players in a league built for parity.

You don't know how hard anyone works though unless you literally visit every facility and observe. You don't know their methods either. So this logic is all based on a false assumption. 

Did Bill Walsh work his boys harder than Joe Gibbs or Bill Parcells? There is zero way of knowing that. And the final results aren't the validation either. Or else **** Vermeil would have a zillion titles for apparently how hard he pushed his boys. :)

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Everyone cried about the catch rule.

Now the Pats catch balls with control that roll on the ground and everyone cries about this rule.

You all demanded this change for poor Jesse James.

The call that decided the game was a fool clearly  in the neutral zone.

That is called every time.

I said before, the Jesse James controversy was 99% that it benefitted the Pats. Any other team in any other game people might have at most said "I don't like the call, but I understand the rule". I was with a ton of friends watching that game and they were all debating that catch and I said "you know they changed the rules specifically to make things like that a catch". Silence. They knew. 

Archived