Nathaniel James Hackett - Packers Offensive Coordinating Coach

incognito_man

24 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

This is pure conjecture but given Mac's time under Paul Hackett (who was QB coach under Walsh), and LaFleur coming from the Walsh originated Shanahan tree, could the edge have been given to Nate Hackett over Monken because of the similar verbiage?

Basically, Mac, LaFleur, and Hackett all use Walsh verbiage, and they wanted some continuity in the language of the offense.

Although, probably over half the league uses Walsh verbiage and I have no idea if Monken does or not. 

Very good points. I can certainly believe that may have played a large part in hiring Hackett.

I’m okay with the hire.

Due to the nature of the opening not involving playcalling, we were going to either get a retread or a qb coach on his first OC job.

I’ll give him a little benefit of the doubt as he worked for the grease fire organizations of the nfl.

At least I am comforted in the knowledge that if he was a bad candiate Pettine would've gotten into LaFleur's ear warning him off him. Since we hired him I have to assume he didn't and that he would be a good addition to our coaching staff.

2 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I’m okay with the hire.

Due to the nature of the opening not involving playcalling, we were going to either get a retread or a qb coach on his first OC job.

I’ll give him a little benefit of the doubt as he worked for the grease fire organizations of the nfl.

Honestly, the bolded above gives me a little bit of heartburn.  I’m reassured, however, that just because someone coached in a winning program, doesn’t mean they’ll be successful elsewhere.  

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

McDaniels/Monken

After watching NE Sunday, I'm relieved they didn't go McDaniels. Rodgers is going to want to push the ball down the field and McDaniels doesn't seem like a guy to alter his scheme in a co-op system. LaFleur was the guy for Rodgers IMO.

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Honestly, the bolded above gives me a little bit of heartburn.  I’m reassured, however, that just because someone coached in a winning program, doesn’t mean they’ll be successful elsewhere.  

It gives me more hope honestly. With Bortles and Manuel, you just arent going to be successful. We saw MM go from a bad SF to here and have success after all.

Archived