Nathaniel James Hackett - Packers Offensive Coordinating Coach

incognito_man

44 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

It gives me more hope honestly. With Bortles and Manuel, you just arent going to be successful. We saw MM go from a bad SF to here and have success after all.

Yeah, I wasn’t debating that.  You mentioned “grease fire” organizations.  Coaches can also be the grease, not just the players.  FWIW, I don’t think Hackett was the problem in Jacksonville.

So I had to take a look at how Jacksonville’s offense performed this year comparatively to the pre and post Hackett games... as much as the offense struggled with Hackett, 336 yards per game, the offense average 204 yards after firing him. The Jaguars are just so void of offensive talent outside of the oft-injured Fournette, really hard to accomplish anything there. To put it another way, if I got to pick any offensive coach to run the their offense, what is their peak potential? I would say... not good.

what does an offensive coordinator do?

"He's responsible for coordinating the offense. I don't understand why fans struggle so much with the distinction between play-calling and coordinating an offense or defense. They are distinctly different tasks. As coordinator, the coach is responsible for having the personnel in his substitution packages at the ready. He's responsible for identifying and communicating scheme and personnel changes by the opponent, and assisting the play-caller in scheming to counter those changes. He's responsible for practice regimens, breaking down film, detecting trends and flaws. He evaluates personnel and how it might be utilized to create matchup advantages. Play-calling is play-calling; that's all. The play-caller has to be left alone to order his thoughts. Andy Reid looks like a mad scientist. Matt Nagy covers his face with his play-call sheet as though he's hiding acne. Doug Pederson appears to be in a trance. When the offensive coordinator isn't the play-caller, he does the grunt work. When the offensive coordinator is the play-caller, another assistant coach (usually the quarterbacks coach) does the grunt work."

Source: https://www.askvic.us

Archived