Raiders Defense

Rolni

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m rooting for him and think he is going be a long time starter... he’s doing good for a rookie but isn’t beastin like people making it out to be the case

Maybe I missed it but when were people saying he is "beasting"?

Only time I remember it being mentioned that he was playing well was the first few games and I don't think after that. Been playing average IMO since then.

On 2017. 11. 15. at 1:20 PM, big_palooka said:

Pretty much a trademark of rookies on the Dline. As his technique improves and if the Raiders ever find any resemblance of coverage, he will start to get home. 

True!

He also need to get stronger VS the run to be a solid starter tho.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Should we try to sign Ziggy Ansah to a prove it deal? He's coming off some down years, but he has crazy upside. I'll try to look into him more.

I'd be a fan of bringing in Ansah and transitioning to a conventional 4-3 (I'll keep saying it). I'd even offer him a multi-year deal if that's what he wants.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Should we try to sign Ziggy Ansah to a prove it deal? He's coming off some down years, but he has crazy upside. I'll try to look into him more.

Yeah, you probably should before doubling down on giving him a multi-year deal. His body is falling apart for some reason. I have my suspicions but they are totally unfounded so I'll hold that but I wouldn't sign him even for a one year deal.

Edited by NightTrainLane

7 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yeah, you probably should before doubling down on giving him a multi-year deal. His body is falling apart for some reason. I have my suspicions but they are totally unfounded so I'll hold that but I wouldn't sign him even for a one year deal.

You thinking roids? I was wondering too...

Heres his injury report since he was drafted...

Listed on injury report for 40 out of 67 games including one major shoulder surgery, a torn bicep, numerous lower body injuries, and hes missed the last 2 games with a bad back and 4 games last year with ankle injury that lingered all offseason till the put him on PUP in camp.

And he has 6 sacks in his last 21 games. He scares me as a FA signee

Just now, riceman80 said:

You thinking roids? I was wondering too...

Heres his injury report since he was drafted...

Listed on injury report for 40 out of 67 games including one major shoulder surgery, a torn bicep, numerous lower body injuries, and hes missed the last 2 games with a bad back and 4 games last year with ankle injury that lingered all offseason till the put him on PUP in camp.

And he has 6 sacks in his last 21 games. He scares me as a FA signee

Yeah, alot of red flags.

I won't give any allegations of criminal conduct any air until there is real substance to them.

Just doesn't look like a wise investment ATM.

Part of the issue I see with the defense is they refuse to let their rookies develop. 

They have started MEJ, Ward, Vanderdoes, James, Lee and so on almost unnecessarily. Just making them starters because they refuse to get sign quality vet depth at these spots. These rookies are still "thinking" to much about the game and making rookie mistakes. 

The Dline has been thin as an example for years and young players are being forced to start before they are ready. Rookies should IMO be for depth and development. Have a vet player start while they get their reps in rotation and learn. 

Seems ridiculous to me that they draft a rookie ILB in the 5th round and actually think it makes sense to start him. Just absolutely poor planning and that IMO is on Reggie.

12 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yeah, alot of red flags.

I won't give any allegations of criminal conduct any air until there is real substance to them.

Just doesn't look like a wise investment ATM.

i think there were questions about his age when drafted too IIRC. like he didnt have a birth certificate or something? I remember reading he may be older then thought lol

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Part of the issue I see with the defense is they refuse to let their rookies develop. 

They have started MEJ, Ward, Vanderdoes, James, Lee and so on almost unnecessarily. Just making them starters because they refuse to get sign quality vet depth at these spots. These rookies are still "thinking" to much about the game and making rookie mistakes. 

The Dline has been thin as an example for years and young players are being forced to start before they are ready. Rookies should IMO be for depth and development. Have a vet player start while they get their reps in rotation and learn. 

Seems ridiculous to me that they draft a rookie ILB in the 5th round and actually think it makes sense to start him. Just absolutely poor planning and that IMO is on Reggie.

Jenkins and Lee were the planned starter in the off season.

3 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

My bad. I meant Jenkins and James.

Jenkins was healthy when signed. James was drafted in 2015 and showed promise.

You had it right. They drafted Lee to start. Said as much.

And James "showed promise" ehhhhh..... enough to get a starting job. Not at all.