🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'd say that's pretty fair HTTR, though I'd expect our WRs to take a jump by this time next year.

Also having 3* first round picks will be greatly beneficial as well.

Unless Hurts Stinks then they’ll have 1 rookie QB who might be good instead of 3 picks 

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Unless Hurts Stinks then they’ll have 1 rookie QB who might be good instead of 3 picks 

If Hurts really stinks, we probably don't need to package the other two picks. We could end up picking 3rd or 4th.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

If Hurts really stinks, we probably don't need to package the other two picks. We could end up picking 3rd or 4th.

Hopefully he is clearly the guy that is the best case scenario. The second best case scenario is he is Daniel Jones dreadful (I said what I said...lol) 

Anything in between will be a mess, thus the most likely outcome. 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Hopefully he is clearly the guy that is the best case scenario. The second best case scenario is he is Daniel Jones dreadful (I said what I said...lol) 

I just don't see him ever being a franchise guy because he doesn't have the arm talent that a Rodgers/Brady/Mahoney/Big Ben/Russell/Luck/Peyton/Josh Allen/Etc have.
He's probably Tyrod Taylor. That guy every team signs in FA to "start", but then they draft another QB who is much more talented as a thrower/passer in the 1st round a month a later.

Offense

QB: DAL (4), WAS (3), PHI (2), NYG (1)

OL: PHI (4), DAL (3), WAS (2), NYG (1)

RB: NYG (4), DAL (3), PHI (2), WAS (1)

WR: DAL (4), WAS (3), NYG (2), PHI (1)

TE: PHI (4), WAS (3), NYG (2), DAL (1)

Defense

DL: WAS (4), PHI (3), NYG (2), DAL (1)

LB: DAL (4), NYG (3), WAS (2), PHI (1)

CB: NYG(4), WAS (3), PHI (2), DAL (1)

S: PHI (4), WAS (3), NYG (2), DAL (1)

Total Points:

WAS: 12 Offense / 12 Defense = 24 Total

PHI: 13 Offense / 10 Defense = 23 Total

DAL: 15 Offense / 7 Defense = 22 Total

NYG: 10 Offense / 11 Defense = 21 Total

*Notes: - QB Dak is such a runaway at QB. 2-4 is such a three-sided coin flip, but I'll take the dynamicism and unknown upside of Hurts over Jones who has kinda proven what he is. Fitz gets the nod for 2nd based on flashes of great QB play that neither Hurts nor Jones has exhibited/has had the chance to exhibit.

- OL Philly has better starters than DAL at 3 of the 5 spots and RG is a toss up. Philly has great depth too. Both lines are immensely injury prone. Smith is one neck strain from retirement.

- RB was tempted to put Dallas at 3 or 4, I'm super duper low on Zeke, and Pollard while he's shown flashes, hasn't had guys gameplan for him yet sans Zeke.

- WR I like Terry, Samuel and the potential of Brown over an overrated Golladay and the rest of that NYG corps which includes a panic pick of Toney.

- TE Logan Thomas is the second best TE for sure imo over Engram who has had his chance to become a superstar.

- LB I like Blake Martinez over anybody on WFT. Look out for Eric Wilson on Philly.

- CB Bradberry is the best corner in the division and I don't think it's particularly close. He kinda wins it for Giants and they also have boom or bust potential with Jackson. Just don't see the top end talent here with WFT. Philly could take over second with a strong CB2 like Steve Nelson.

- Nothing really to say about DL and safety.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

They don't have to play QB, an average Giants offensive line will allow the QB to play better.

I personally will be glad for Danny Dimes to crack the lower middle tier of QBs at least once then. What a dream for that kid

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think what happens is if he’s sorta ok and in the middle, he gets sent to Houston in what seems like the inevitable play for Watson.

To note I don’t really want to deal with any of that, but the longer nothing happens there the more likely it just gets swept away.

On 6/27/2021 at 8:49 PM, Go_Giants said:

You can say that about most teams greatest weakness in the NFC East. If the Cowboys defense can just be average they are winning the division. If the Giants offensive line can be average they are winning the division. 

I see your logic but I don't agree with it. Fitz can play like he did last year and the WFT will still win the division. He is already average with streams of elite play. They don't call him FitzMagic for nothing. The rest of the division... nah. Cowboys defense is trash. If they play like last year (as Fitz could do) then what happens? Exactly. Giants have a below average QB. If he plays like last year... what happens? Exactly. Eagles? They the wild card. Jalen could be a legit sleeper after a full true offseason. I don't rule it out but we don't know. So again sticking with WFT with the best chance right now. 

Of course this is football and anything and everything can happen.

• Like 1

I agree with a lot of the ranking but I would put the Cowboys RB ahead of the Giants. Why? I think of the depth. Saquon is a beast. I think if both are healthy that Saquon is ahead of Zeke. Not sure about his health right now. And then if both RB1 go down, how do we feel about RB2 leading the way? I feel great about Pollard. Not so much about the rest of the RBs with Giants at the moment.

19 minutes ago, ACO said:

I see your logic but I don't agree with it. Fitz can play like he did last year and the WFT will still win the division. He is already average with streams of elite play. They don't call him FitzMagic for nothing. The rest of the division... nah. Cowboys defense is trash. If they play like last year (as Fitz could do) then what happens? Exactly. Giants have a below average QB. If he plays like last year... what happens? Exactly. Eagles? They the wild card. Jalen could be a legit sleeper after a full true offseason. I don't rule it out but we don't know. So again sticking with WFT with the best chance right now. 

Good to see someone outside of the WFT fanbase on here acknowledge that Fitz played at an average level last year (at the very least).  Depending on what stat you value: 5th in QBR, 17th in passer rating, 14th in ANY/A, 15th in PFF passing grade over the past 3 years.

The dude is aging like fine wine, playing his best ball, and he's finally the leader of a relatively stacked team.

But I still expect Fitz to make several inexplicable boneheaded throws at times throughout the season, because that's just the Jekyll and Hyde nature of his play.  And I'm not confident WFT will win the division (in fact, I've said I think Dallas will win), but like you said, anything can happen.

59 minutes ago, ACO said:

It is funny how you can see the logic yet avoid it at the same time.  I agree the Cowboys defense was trash last year, that is not the point. The point made was if their defense plays at an average level they are winning this division. They got a new defensive coordinator and they added talent to the defense so there is a chance they could be an average defense this season.

The Giants went 5-3 in the second half of the season and that was with the worst offensive line in the league and with out Saquon. If the Giants offensive line can improve to average with a healthy Saquon, the running game alone can be what the Giants use to win this division. You  say Jalen can be a true sleeper after having a real offseason, can say the same about Daniel Jones, he did not have a real offseason and had to learn a brand new offense. 

As for the WFT, they don't call him FitzTragic for nothing.

1 hour ago, ACO said:

I agree with a lot of the ranking but I would put the Cowboys RB ahead of the Giants. Why? I think of the depth. Saquon is a beast. I think if both are healthy that Saquon is ahead of Zeke. Not sure about his health right now. And then if both RB1 go down, how do we feel about RB2 leading the way? I feel great about Pollard. Not so much about the rest of the RBs with Giants at the moment.

If Depth is a factor then that changes the ratings for example at QB we would need to drop the Cowboys a couple of spots. Dak is coming off a bad injury and even after Dak went down the Cowboys still had the best QB in the division in Andy and they still only managed 3rd place in this division. Andy is no longer there any other backup they have is most likely a downgrade. If you can question Saquon's health then you can just as easily question Dak's.

Also the Giants secondary should be #1 at both CB and Safety, they not only have talent every where they also have depth. 

Edited by Go_Giants

7 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

It is funny how you can see the logic yet avoid it at the same time.  I agree the Cowboys defense was trash last year, that is not the point. The point made was if their defense plays at an average level they are winning this division. They got a new defensive coordinator and they added talent to the defense so there is a chance they could be an average defense this season.

The Giants went 5-3 in the second half of the season and that was with the worst offensive line in the league and with out Saquon. If the Giants offensive line can improve to average with a healthy Saquon, the running game alone can be what the Giants use to win this division. You  say Jalen can be a true sleeper after having a real offseason, can say the same about Daniel Jones, he did not have a real offseason and had to learn a brand new offense. 

As for the WFT, they don't call him FitzTragic for nothing.

I trust Fitz over Daniel Jones all day long. This is third year and I'm hardly impressed. No one claiming Fitz is some great player. There is a reason he has been on 9877665 times. So as for Daniel? I hope he makes a massive jump, but I don't see it. Jalen played better than him with much less work.  Saquon is a difference maker for sure and they will lean heavy on him but teams know that. Dallas defense will mostly be full of rookies and that doesn't bode well for this year. Next year? I could see that. I doubt they will be bottom of the league again but I don't foresee big changes.

WFT just is the most overall balanced team, IMO. Of course anything can happen. Ready for training camp!

2 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

If Depth is a factor then that changes the ratings for example at QB we would need to drop the Cowboys a couple of spots. Dak is coming off a bad injury and even after Dak went down the Cowboys still had the best QB in the division in Andy and they still only managed 3rd place in this division. Andy is no longer there any other backup they have is most likely a downgrade. If you can question Saquon's health then you can just as easily question Dak's.

Also the Giants secondary should be #1 at both CB and Safety, they not only have talent every where they also have depth. 

I agree though to be fair Dalton also went out a few games. No one winning with QB3 and QB4 playing significant snaps. I do question Dak's heath. I question all the players returning from big injuries. Dak's biggest thing was he never really got hurt. He hadn't missed a game. He has to show he can return to that level of gameplay, so I am good with dropping them overall. But as QB1 -- yes he runs away with it.

13 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

WAS: 12 Offense / 12 Defense = 24 Total

PHI: 13 Offense / 10 Defense = 23 Total

DAL: 15 Offense / 7 Defense = 22 Total

NYG: 10 Offense / 11 Defense = 21 Total

*Notes: - QB Dak is such a runaway at QB. 2-4 is such a three-sided coin flip, but I'll take the dynamicism and unknown upside of Hurts over Jones who has kinda proven what he is. Fitz gets the nod for 2nd based on flashes of great QB play that neither Hurts nor Jones has exhibited/has had the chance to exhibit.

- OL Philly has better starters than DAL at 3 of the 5 spots and RG is a toss up. Philly has great depth too. Both lines are immensely injury prone. Smith is one neck strain from retirement.

- RB was tempted to put Dallas at 3 or 4, I'm super duper low on Zeke, and Pollard while he's shown flashes, hasn't had guys gameplan for him yet sans Zeke

Few thoughts:

1. I dont like this system of stacking teams. QB obviously means a lot more than other positional groups.
  2. I dont think I agree that Philly has a better group of starters at OL. You mention Cowboys injuries, but Kelce/Lane/Brooks are all either old or injury prone. Collins was better than Lane their last year starting, Smith just got surgery for the first time in his career (fix neck) and both Smith/Martin are better than Dillard/Brooks. 
  3. I can get behind your Zeke assessment, but Barkley is always hurt and Pollard is at least somewhat proven. 
1 hour ago, ACO said:

Cowboys defense is trash.

13 new 1st/2nd stringers + 4 new coaches. Who knows if we will be trash next year, our defense improved as the year went on last year. I think going from absolutely terrible to just slightly terrible would be huge for us. 

12 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Dak is coming off a bad injury and even after Dak went down the Cowboys still had the best QB in the division in Andy and they still only managed 3rd place in this division.

Our offense went down like 200 yards and 15 points a game when we went to Dalton. He sucked for us outside of shredding Bengals/Eagles. It was insane how much production we lost once Dak went out.  I would liken it to if the Eagles lost Fletcher Cox. They could still have the #2 DL in the division, but no one is scared of the Eagles DL if they lose Cox.