Jump to content

🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘: A winner with no name


Who wins the East in 2019?  

66 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will be the fairest of them all in 2019?

    • Philadelphia Eagles
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • New York Giants
    • Football Team


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Trent Williams and Tyron Smith.

Peters peak was right when he was trade to Philly and a few years after that.  Writers like Peter King were pimping him quite a bit at that time.  So around that time he was probably considered the consensus top LT in football.  

The past 5 years as Peters has aged he's still played at a high level but he's probably been more of a top 10 guy than the best in football.  

9xpro bowler

3x First team All Pro

3x 2nd team All pro

He's going to the hall (haul?).  

Bigger names though really? Sure Trent and Smith have had better years, but are they really bigger names? Hard to argue that. Smith is in Dallas so maybe he has an argument, but I find it hard to believe there names are that much more renowned than Peters over any portion of their careers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Bigger names though really? Sure Trent and Smith have had better years, but are they really bigger names? Hard to argue that. Smith is in Dallas so maybe he has an argument, but I find it hard to believe there names are that much more renowned than Peters over any portion of their careers.

Yes bigger names.  Ask any football fan who the top LTs in the league the past 5 years have been and you aren't going to get many listing Jason Peters.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Yes bigger names.  Ask any football fan who the top LTs in the league the past 5 years have been and you aren't going to get many listing Jason Peters.  

Seeing as how he has been a probowler every years since 2013 and was first team All Pro in 2013 I find it extremely hard to believe this is even remotely accurate. 

But yes I concede that Williams and Smith have likely been more consistently dominate in the past 5 years. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Seeing as how he has been a probowler every years since 2013 and was first team All Pro in 2013 I find it extremely hard to believe this is even remotely accurate.

Now you're nitpicking.  I said he was likely a top 10 LT in the league the past 5ish years but not in the top 3.  I don't see why that is hard to believe.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Now you're nitpicking.  I said he was likely a top 10 LT in the league the past 5ish years but not in the top 3.  I don't see why that is hard to believe.  

You literally said he likely wouldn't be named as a top 5 LT in the past 5 years by the majority of football fans. I am confused.

 

Edit: My bad misread what you said.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/jason-peters/2148
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/trent-williams/5529
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/tyron-smith/6161

This year according to Pro Football Focus:
Jason Peters 86.4 (2nd among Tackles)
Trent Williams 80.3 (12th among Tackles)
Tyron Smith 79.5 (17th among Tackles) 

All awhile Jason Peters is older. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phire said:

Are we really going to debate whether a 9 time pro bowler is a household name? the pro bowl voting is literally a referendum on how many casual fans recognize your name

I don't think MKnight is arguing that. I asked who had a bigger name than Peters outside Thomas the past 5 years, he said Trent and Smith. Fair enough on both of them, but beyond those two you aren't going to name anyone. 

Basically he absolutely is a household name.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don't think MKnight is arguing that. I asked who had a bigger name than Peters outside Thomas the past 5 years, he said Trent and Smith. Fair enough on both of them, but beyond those two you aren't going to name anyone. 

Basically he absolutely is a household name.

All I said was Trent and Tyron probably have a good argument for being better known the past 5 years.  Never said Peters wasn't playing well.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Danger said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/jason-peters/2148
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/trent-williams/5529
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/tyron-smith/6161

This year according to Pro Football Focus:
Jason Peters 86.4 (2nd among Tackles)
Trent Williams 80.3 (12th among Tackles)
Tyron Smith 79.5 (17th among Tackles) 

All awhile Jason Peters is older. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not really surprising.  Trent has been playing injured pretty much all season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...