πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Carson Wentz benched again in DC.Β 

There can't be any team dumb enough to go into next season with him as the planned starter, can there? Unless it's a team that is purposely tanking for Caleb/Drake while putting on the appearance of trying to be competitive?

That's the only reason you sign Wentz to start. You have identified a player you have to have at #1 or #2 overall in the 2024 Draft, but you can't make it obvious you want to tank, so you sign Wentz to be your QB and say things all offseason like "We have a ton of faith in the guy and his talent and his character and leadership" even though it's all lies.

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

There can't be any team dumb enough to go into next season with him as the planned starter, can there? Unless it's a team that is purposely tanking for Caleb/Drake while putting on the appearance of trying to be competitive?

Don't know, AZ without Murray? They going to punt 2023 with David Blough, Trace McSorely?

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Don't know, AZ without Murray? They going to punt 2023 with David Blough, Trace McSorely?

I think Az would sign Jimmy G/Geno/Heinicke/Several others first before Wentz. Lot of solid FA QB's potentially that don't have horrible leadership skills or constant razor burns on their neck.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

That's the only reason you sign Wentz to start. You have identified a player you have to have at #1 or #2 overall in the 2024 Draft, but you can't make it obvious you want to tank, so you sign Wentz to be your QB and say things all offseason like "We have a ton of faith in the guy and his talent and his character and leadership" even though it's all lies.

I think he is done in the league. I don't think he is a good enough teammate to be a backup.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 3:20 PM, Jeezla said:

If you had to buy a jersey today of an active player on your team, which jersey would you get?Β 

As much as I feel like I owe it to Kelce or Lane to get one of their jerseys, I'd probably go Smitty.

1 DeVonta
2 Kelce
3Β LaneΒ 
4 Hurts
5 Goedert
6 AJ
7 Reddick
8 GrahamΒ 
9 Mailata
10 Slay
11 CGJ (Would be feel iffy about it until he signs an extension)

Wouldn't mind having all of their jerseys

Β 

Hm been awhile since I got one, but that’s a fair list.

I kinda want to get a BG one, dudes earned it. What he did in the SB alone gets him in that sphere.

It’s gonna be really tempting to get someone in the throwback next year

Honestly what I expect to happen with Wentz.

He'll be a Free Agent at the start of regular season next year, some team's QB will get hurt in week 2-5, and they'll sign Wentz cus they'll think he's the best guy with experience on the market and they'll be desperate.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Honestly what I expect to happen with Wentz.

He'll be a Free Agent at the start of regular season next year, some team's QB will get hurt in week 2-5, and they'll sign Wentz cus they'll think he's the best guy with experience on the market and they'll be desperate.

I don't see him out of the league yet unless he decides to retire which is a possibility.Β 

More than, this was his last year earning big money.Β 

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't see him out of the league yet unless he decides to retire which is a possibility.Β 

More than, this was his last year earning big money.Β 

yeah but assuming he was remotely smart with his money, he's already set his family up for at least 3 generations.

Wentz will be a backup QB as long as he wants to keep playing. At this point, he may be just exhausted with the whole NFL. He always was ambitious outside of work with his Jesus food truck and outdoor Wentz brothers thing. Teams would easily sign him up to be a backup. He’s talented. Just a terrible decision maker. If someone could cut through his bravado and get him to just play within the system he’d be a valuable QB2. He won’t have a problem getting a gig. Unless of course he still thinks he is a starter or he just simply wants to chase other endeavors.Β 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Wentz will be a backup QB as long as he wants to keep playing. At this point, he may be just exhausted with the whole NFL. He always was ambitious outside of work with his Jesus food truck and outdoor Wentz brothers thing. Teams would easily sign him up to be a backup. He’s talented. Just a terrible decision maker. If someone could cut through his bravado and get him to just play within the system he’d be a valuable QB2. He won’t have a problem getting a gig. Unless of course he still thinks he is a starter or he just simply wants to chase other endeavors.Β 

I think the point holds in this case though; If you don't intend on starting him, is he really worth the baggage and terrible teammate that he is to justify him being a backup? No you can sign someone almost as good who's not got all the BS along with him.

Baffles me how much you guys hate him now. Pepperidge Farms remembers the 100's of pages of you guys propping him up vs Dak. His career numbers are actually pretty damn good. Just seems like he picks the absolute worse times to be Super Wentz. I totally see another team taking a flyer on him just hoping he can return to that 2019 form. Even his numbers last year with the Colts were actually pretty good. He's realistically only had 2 subpar seasons since his rookie year. He had some really good years for you guys. Why all the hate?

Edited by Shockwave
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think the point holds in this case though; If you don't intend on starting him, is he really worth the baggage and terrible teammate that he is to justify him being a backup? No you can sign someone almost as good who's not got all the BS along with him.

Someone mentioned here days ago that Carson as a teammate is not as bad as we say when you don't expect him to be the guy. And to be honest I think it has been overblown. As for him being coachable that's another matter entirely.Β 

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

Baffles me how much you guys hate him now. Pepperidge Farms remembers the 100's of pages of you guys propping him up vs Dak. His career numbers are actually pretty damn good. Just seems like he picks the absolute worse times to be Super Wentz. I totally see another team taking a flyer on him just hoping he can return to that 2019 form. Even his numbers last year with the Colts were actually pretty good. He's realistically only had 2 subpar seasons since his rookie year. He had some really good years for you guys. Why all the hate?

More passion than anything else, really. I don't hate the guy and wish him to succeed. Will always be grateful for 2017.Β 

Since he entered the league he has always been a guy the media loves to sh*t on for some reason, even before his debacle here. Granted there has to be some truth to it, but you also have comments like Josina Anderson's when he got concussed for example.Β 

Just now, Danger said:

Meh, I mean he was probably told at every gig he’s the main man and then gets the old switcharoo when things go south. Not exactly fair to him although I have no sympathy for him. I think if someone can sit him down for a FA visit and explain the situation I think he’d understand he’s in a clear backup role and his value is such.Β