πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

You guys realize last season is "the past" too, right? Β Lol. Β All I've seen out of Philly fans all off-season is being obnoxious and abrasive about winning the SB. Β I don't really blame you for it, especially since it's your first one and other teams' fans have given you crap for it for so many years, but just b/c a team won a SB in "the past" doesn't mean we can't talk about it and be proud of it... as I'm sure Philly fans will do 20 years from now when the 2017-18 SB ring is still their only one Β ;)

49 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I like that the new response to Eagles fans is that we only have one ring now.

Can't blame them though, not like the Skins and Cowgirl have won enough over the past two decades to talk about anything other than their rings they won in the 90's

Oh Jesus, you saw that coming, didnt you?Β 

Redskin and Cowboy fans have been holding on to the no super bowl ring counter for-everrrr. And now, since the majority of them can't even remember theirsΒ or were even alive, it absolutely Β kills them the Eagles are on top right now. They both have been relatively so insignificant since the turn of the century that it's the little gleam of lightΒ they held onto. And now since that piece has been taken off the board, it's all about how many rings. They can say whatever they want about those rings from the 70s orΒ so but you know deep down inside the fact that they actually haven't enjoyed a SB or even a decent string of years in their adult lives crushes them. And even moreso the little brother they beat up on for as long as they've been fans are finally getting their payback because now the roles are reversed. They could always lean on the empty fact that their teams have SB rings, albeit chips they know nothing about, but no sir, no longer. The little brother got to experience what they've secretly been longing forΒ and now they're running out of excuses. And since we've actually won a SB in our adult years, I can honestly say, because I reallyΒ know, that having that joy is nothing compared to whatever "joy" they thought they were experiencing as 8 year olds. How could they? It's all they have left now and it's pitiful. It's like a 40 year old manΒ bragging about a taste of Pappy Van Winkle (a renowned, expensive whiskey) he had when he was 15. You know he recalls the memory of the memory more than the actualΒ memory and was in no position to truly appreciate it. It's just unsubstantiated rhetoric.Β 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

You guys realize last season is "the past" too, right? Β Lol. Β All I've seen out of Philly fans all off-season is being obnoxious and abrasive about winning the SB. Β I don't really blame you for it, especially since it's your first one and other teams' fans have given you crap for it for so many years, but just b/c a team won a SB in "the past" doesn't mean we can't talk about it and be proud of it... as I'm sure Philly fans will do 20 years from now when the 2017-18 SB ring is still their only one Β ;)

And they'd be just as ridiculous if they celebrated a victoryΒ when they were 5 years old. I became an actual football fan in 2003, imo if i became a fan of the eagles in 2005 or 2006 and they had won the superbowl in 2004, i can't see myself being hyped over a victory i had no interest in when it happened. That's my opinion though. I'm not going to hold it against anyone other than some light teasing.

8 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Please. You're talking about the hot girl you bedded when you were 15 and we just rolled off of ours. You can be "proud" but it's barely a memory for you.Β 

You can complain about us being "obnoxious" and such but you created us, homie. EVERY football argument/discussion I've gotten into in my life with NFCE fans ALWAYS resulted in "at least we got a ring". Β It was weak then and it is irrelevant now. Now, it's time to watch us bask in the sun and I'll be damned if I don't enjoy every moment of it right in the face of the people that directly beat us down for my whole life.Β 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

3, actually. Β Just like Steeler, Lakers, Celtics, etc. fans brag about their championships from decades ago. Β And calling me by that name doesn't bother me as much as you seem to think lol.

Those who are acceptable when bragging IMO are those old enough to of taken part in or able to comprehend what just happened. People who were breast feeding, sucking on a bottle, barely potty trained have no business discussing SB they litteraly knew nothing about.

SB they had to re-watch for the first time on VHS when old enough. Now whether or not that applies to you , I have no idea? I'm old as hell 44. So I can relate to Washington's 3 SB. Dallas's Dynasty, the Giants. I understand the gravity of what occurred. I too was in grade school for Washington's first. Which speaks volumes as to why you shouldn't!!

It's the equivalent of my 3 years old Newphew talking smack 26 years from now when he's 29, about how the Eagles won the SB in the 2017 season. He shouldn't! Plain and simple. Now if in the coming years as I guess He hits grade school like you were back in 91' and is able to celebrate another SB victory a few years from now, then he can talk smack.

He Still however shouldn't refer to "We have 2", 3",4" whatever the number 26 years from now because he was in pull-ups for the begging! That's the difference between those who should and those who shouldn't point out We got 3!

As for calling you RG3, I always abbreviate. It was meant as a slight! I'd say HTTR but you're not Hailing the Redskins, your Hailing Bobby with that name. RG3 it is.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Jroc is absolutely killing it right now with all of the analogies.Β 

The Eagles are Super Bowl champions. I’m going to pound my chest about it until the new season starts. If other NFC East fans are torn up about it tell your mediocre teams to knock them off (which won’t happen because Eli, Alex Smith, and Prescott all stink).

• Like 1

Lol. Β Bottom line is that fans can be proud of their team's history/accomplishments without having to be grown men to witness it take place. Β It's very convenient of you all to take that stance in order to feel better about the franchise you support only having one SB ring, but that's not some inarguable fact.

It's funny how this all started with Jeezla claiming the Giants OL may beΒ better than the Redskins. Β I just kind of went with it when he tried to shift the argument into bragging about winning the SB again. Β I should have known that's when you all would jump inΒ xD. Β 

With that, I'm out. Β Gotta goΒ out to dinner and see the Avengers movie.

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

With the Giants adding Solder and Hernandez, do the Redskins now have the worst OL in the division?

Solder kinda sucks, or at least is very undeserving of that deal.

I'd keep the Skins at 3rd until proven otherwise.

But if the giants line does all live up to what they are hoping, the division is pretty loaded with OL talent. Luckily we at least have the dline to deal with it.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

When you have no players who were on the team who won the Super Bowl on your roster anymore, then the Super Bowl isn't relevant anymore.

Even less so when only a handful of those current players were even born.

But hey We got 1. Maybe we'll have 3 or more in the next 26 yrs and can look back on the magical 17' season too.

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Even less so when only a handful of those current players were even born.

But hey We got 1. Maybe we'll have 3 or more in the next 26 yrs and can look back on the magical 17' season too.

Trivia: Who is the most recent Super Bowl champion, to not have a player on their Championship roster still on their team today?

Edited by Danger