πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

This is incredible news. I am hearing it's the 2019 pick... they have just given up a likely top 16 (easily top 10 potential) for Amari Cooper. WTF!? The same team that valued their draft picks high enough a few months ago that they wouldn't trade a 2nd for Earl Thomas? This just reeks of a desperation move from Jerry. I love this.

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

They won’t sign D Jax again and Godwin is primed to take over. They won’t go anywhere with Winston. It would only help them at this point.Β 

I'd be all for it, I just don't think TB is ready to give up on the season.

DeVante Parker is a rumored name.Β 

And Peterson has been asked to be traded by the deadline. Couple things to look out for.Β 

Cooper for a first is fantastic news if you’re an Eagle fan. Think of what a 1st rounder gets you today. Not just a potential blue chip prospect for 5 years but it’s basically gold. I bet if you went around the league and offered your first for someone on whichever team, you could get aΒ handful of guys better than Cooper. Cowboys look desperate to make a run at 8-8. Except Cooper is no sure fire thing. He’s struggled the last couple years.Β 

Amari Cooper's last 28 games, dating back to 2016:

101 receptions, 1,326 yards, 11 TDs

Β 

Over a 16 game season that translates to:

57 receptions, 757 yards, 6 TDs

Β 

He's also going from Carr to Dak. Unless he and Carr just had the worst chemistry imaginable, or he was consistently banged up the past 2 years, or he just checked out of Oakland (in the midst of a 12-4 season...), I don't see how this works out.

Trading for PP makes the most sense, but I'm pretty sure Schwartz would misuse him and he'd just be average here.

Basically I trust Schwartz as much as Billy Davis.

Β 

What GMΒ Jeezla Roseman would do:

Trade Brandon Graham and a 4th to Oakland for Kelechi Osemele and Gareon Conley.

Trade Darby and a 2nd for PP.

Edited by Jeezla

49 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Trading for PP makes the most sense, but I'm pretty sure Schwartz would misuse him and he'd just be average here.

Basically I trust Schwartz as much as Billy Davis.

Β 

What GMΒ Jeezla Roseman would do:

Trade Brandon Graham and a 4th to Oakland for Kelechi Osemele and Gareon Conley.

Trade Darby and a 2nd for PP.

and cut mills?