πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So how many of those 1,031 drop-backs in the tweet are you saying should be discounted?

I think its disingenuous to include the worst stretch of his career like that. What not just 2019? Cooper missed a lot of time? Why not just 2018/2019 the years we had Cooper? Why not Daks entire career and use 2016? A year we actually had competent receiversΒ Β not named Cooper? Throwing in 2017 when our main guys were a washed up Witten and Dez, who never played another game, is skewing the stats presentation.Β 

If the twitter dude had just said "Hey Dak plays better when his WR's are good and not as well when his WRs are dogsheet" I would agree.

THATS TRUE FOR EVERY QB.Β Β 

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

... you ranked 12th in Pass Block Win Rate in 2018.

Team-by-team PBWR and PRWR breakdowns

2018 Regular-Season Pass Block Win Rate

TEAM PBWR TEAM PBWR
1. Rams 62% 17. Steelers 48%
2. Packers 60% 18. Lions 47%
3. Chiefs 60% 19. Eagles 46%
4. Patriots 59% 20. Saints 46%
5. Browns 59% 21. Bucs 46%
6. Bears 58% 22. Broncos 45%
7. Bills 56% 23. Jaguars 45%
8. Seahawks 56% 24. Jets 44%
9. Panthers 56% 25. Titans 44%
10. Colts 55% 26. Bengals 44%
11. Ravens 54% 27. Giants 43%
12. Cowboys 51% 28. Vikings 43%
13. Chargers 51% 29. 49ers 42%
14. Falcons 51% 30. Raiders 41%
15. Redskins 50% 31. Dolphins 40%
16. Texans 50% 32. Cardinals 38%

Β 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26888038/pass-blocking-matters-more-pass-rushing-prove-it

I literally cant be any more clear. We fired our OL coach after game 7. Our OL improved dramatically. We were 27th ranked by sacks. We were 22 by PFF. A lot of that damage was done before we fired our OL coach.

You keep repeating the same thing.Β 

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I literally cant be any more clear. We fired our OL coach after game 7. Our OL improved dramatically. We were 27th ranked by sacks. We were 22 by PFF. A lot of that damage was done before we fired our OL coach.

You keep repeating the same thing.Β 

I don't care who you did or didn't fire. Β Objective player-tracking metrics say your OL was an above-average pass blocking group through 2018. Β Why would we focus on 7 games when we have 3 years worth of data? Β That's you focusing on 7 out of 49Β games (or 14%), which is ridiculous. Β Do you think Dak is the only QB who has ever hadΒ a poor supporting cast for a relatively very limited stretch of games?

It's a fair point you made about PFF not including 2016 though. Β They should have.

Edited by HTTRDynasty

17 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I don't care who you did or didn't fire. Β Objective player-tracking metrics say your OL was an above-average pass blocking group through 2018. Β Why would we focus on 7 games when we have 3 years worth of data? Β That's you focusing on 7 out of 49Β games (or 14%), which is ridiculous. Β Do you think Dak is the only QB who has ever hadΒ a poor supporting cast for a relatively very limited stretch of games?

It's a fair point you made about PFF not including 2016 though. Β They should have.

8 games in 2017. 7 games in 2018. Those coincide The firing of 2 OL coaches and injuries all across the line. During those stretches, Dak was getting pressured between 2-300% higher than at other point in his career.Β 

During those stretches, the Cowboys WRs were objectively awful.

Outside of those stretches, Dak has super crazy stats. Literally some of the best in all of NFL history in the first 4 years.

Inside those stretches Dak was awful/beat up/no one to throw to. The coaching was terrible, they got fired. The WRs were terrible. They *ALL* got replaced.Β 

This is really not complicated. QBs play better when they are not getting their arsekicked and they have someone to throw the ball to.Β 

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You are terrible at this. WHY WOULD YOU INCLUDE RUN BLOCKING WHEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DAK?

22. DALLAS COWBOYS

2018 pass-blocking efficiency: 84.1

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Four seasons ago, the Cowboys' line was in the discussion for being among the best to ever walk out on to a football field – but pieces have drifted awayΒ one-by-one over the years untilΒ Tyron SmithΒ andΒ Zack MartinΒ were the only ones left. The Cowboys allowed 26 sacks, 23 hits and 120 hurries on 612 regular-season passing plays in 2018, and that resulted in a pass-blocking efficiency of 84.1 – their worst mark as a team since 2012.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-by-pass-blocking-efficiency

Β 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

8 games in 2017. 7 games in 2018. Those coincide The firing of 2 OL coaches and injuries all across the line. During those stretches, Dak was getting pressured between 2-300% higher than at other point in his career.Β 

During those stretches, the Cowboys WRs were objectively awful.

Outside of those stretches, Dak has super crazy stats. Literally some of the best in all of NFL history in the first 4 years.

Inside those stretches Dak was awful/beat up/no one to throw to. The coaching was terrible, they got fired. The WRs were terrible. They *ALL* got replaced.Β 

This is really not complicated. QBs play better when they are not getting their arsekicked and they have someone to throw the ball to.Β 

OMG, Dak didn't have the best supporting cast in the league anymore for a minor stretch of games in his spoiled career!!! Β What a travesty!!!

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are terrible at this. WHY WOULD YOU INCLUDE RUN BLOCKING WHEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DAK?

You do realize that pass blocking-efficiency is different from PFF'sΒ actual pass-blocking grades, right? Β It doesn't include context, meaning it lumps inΒ all the sacks/pressures Dak brought on himself. Β While the pass-block win rate I provided, which shows you ranked 12th in 2018, DOES show how good your OL was at doing their job in pass protection relative to the rest of the league.

I think the disconnect here is that you're just so spoiled by a good OL that the drop from top 5 to top 12 OL in 2018 was too traumatic to process forΒ both you and Dak. Β 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

OMG, Dak didn't have the best supporting cast in the league anymore for a minor stretch of games in his spoiled career!!! Β What a travesty!!!

How could it spoil his career? For the first 4 years of a career, individually/statistically the only better QB than Dak the last like 20-25 years is Russell Wilson.Β 

Im saying, that stretch is the only time Dak didnt look like a top 5-10 QB.Β 

In 2016 he was rated a top 15 player (not just QB) in THE ENTIRE NFL by the NFL. He literally got MVP votes.

In 2017, Wentz's MVP year, he and Dak were statistically the same the first 8 games. It wasnt until that Falcons debacle that the wheels fell off.

In 2018, post by week (firing our OL/Adding Cooper). Dak was once again a borderline top 5 QB.

In 2019, Dak was a borderline top 5 QB.Β 

And he did it with was what the NFL community as a whole thinks was a garbage coaching staff.Β Β 

You do realize that pass blocking-efficiency is different from PFF'sΒ actual pass-blocking grades, right? Β It doesn't include context, meaning it lumps inΒ all the sacks/pressures Dak brought on himself. Β While the pass-block win rate I provided, which shows you ranked 12th in 2018, DOES show how good your OL was at doing their job in pass protection relative to the rest of the league.

I think the disconnect here is that you're just so spoiled by a good OL that the drop from top 5 to top 12 OL in 2018 was too traumatic to process forΒ both you and Dak. Β 

I think as a pass blocking unit we have consistently been top 10. But we dropped to bottom 5 for a 15 game stretch that caused us to fire 2 coaches.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

38 minutes ago, dll2000 said:
16 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Dak leads the league in throwing parties that get his RB theΒ Covid.

I was reliablyΒ toldΒ it was through diligent group weight training. Β 

He is making a joke. Dak had a dinner event with less than 10 people 2 months ago. No one suffered anything at the event.