🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Even with that in mind, I'm skeptical of the validity of this stat. Based on those numbers, you'd be saying that the Eagles (middling at best) WRs actually reeled in 3 inaccurate passes every single game. And that's if you ignore drops. In that case I'm sure it's closer to 4, maybe 5 a game. 

Sorry but that math doesn't add up to me.

I don't know man.  It's not like PFF has any bias here and they chart every throw.  Haskins was one of the most inaccurate QBs in the league last year, per PFF, and I have no problem admitting it.

I have noticed Wentz's inconsistent accuracy in the games I've watched of him, which is likely more than any non-Eagles fan.  It's a weakness in his game he needs to fix to become an elite QB, IMO.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I don't know man.  It's not like PFF has any bias here and they chart every throw.  Haskins was one of the most inaccurate QBs in the league last year, per PFF, and I have no problem admitting it.

I have noticed Wentz's inconsistent accuracy in the games I've watched of him, which is likely more than any non-Eagles fan.  It's a weakness in his game he needs to fix to become an elite QB, IMO.

I'm not suggesting there's a bias, I am suggesting there's a flaw in their methodology here. I'm not saying Wentz is a super accurate QB either, but this stat lacks context and seems highly questionable. Wentz is good at reading a defense and not making bonehead throws. Sometimes he misses a guy who he could have had, sometimes he slings it wide. He, like most QBs not named Patrick Mahomes, has things he's good at, and things he's not as good at.

I think you as well as PFF here are exaggerating the accuracy thing, but a lot of Eagles fans would outright refute that Wentz needs to work on improving his accuracy. 

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think you as well as PFF here are exaggerating the accuracy thing, but a lot of Eagles fans would outright refute that Wentz needs to work on improving his accuracy. 

That's all well and good, but PFF's objectivity removes the confirmation bias that you and other Eagles fans may have.  

This is in no means meant to be used as definitive "proof", but here's an example of him being inaccurate on 3 straight throws, none of which were tight windows or the fault of the receivers.  These are just examples of plays that may slip your mind when you think back on Wentz's accuracy.

Here's a headline from December of Wentz's rookie year, so it's not just a recent issue: "Wentz, Pederson disagree on whether mechanics are cause of QB's inaccuracy"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That's all well and good, but PFF's objectivity removes the confirmation bias that you and other Eagles fans may have.  

This is in no means meant to be used as definitive "proof", but here's an example of him being inaccurate on 3 straight throws, none of which were tight windows or the fault of the receivers.  These are just examples of plays that may slip your mind when you think back on Wentz's accuracy.

Here's a headline from December of Wentz's rookie year, so it's not just a recent issue: "Wentz, Pederson disagree on whether mechanics are cause of QB's inaccuracy"

So we're using a lowlight to prove a narrative? And then referencing his rookie season? Again, I'm not suggesting Wentz is consistently dropping pin point accurate throws, but to suggest he's bottom 3 in the league is silly.

Just now, Danger said:

So we're using a lowlight to prove a narrative? And then referencing his rookie season? Again, I'm not suggesting Wentz is consistently dropping pin point accurate throws, but to suggest he's bottom 3 in the league is silly.

I literally said I wasn't using it as proof.  It would be impossible to provide "proof" for this unless you and I both went through the last 4 seasons and charted every single Wentz pass for accuracy and compared results, which will never happen.  As I said, I was using those plays as examples that may have slipped your mind when looking back on his career accuracy as a whole, thus leading to confirmation bias.

PFF is the closest thing we'll get to unbiased proof in this case.  But I'm not trying to force you to accept it and you're welcome to disagree with it.  I happen to believe it, but to each his own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Even with that in mind, I'm skeptical of the validity of this stat. Based on those numbers, you'd be saying that the Eagles (middling at best) WRs actually reeled in 3 inaccurate passes every single game. And that's if you ignore drops. In that case I'm sure it's closer to 4, maybe 5 a game. 

Sorry but that math doesn't add up to me.

Any stat that doesnt paint Wentz is the redheaded God he is(nt) seems to confuse this forum. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

The sample size is 2055 attempts. Which by variation models is enormous. Wentz's MO is pretty obvious by now. He blends short passes, inaccurate passes and ridiculous highlight reel plays. 

Edited by Matts4313

22 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Imagine being a Washington fan having literally the worst offseason in human history and coming in here trying to talk trash. Couldn’t imagine 

A.  Who is "trash talking"?

B.  We are the most experienced fans in the league when it comes to terrible offseasons.  This one has actually filled me with a lot more optimism than the last several.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

A.  Who is "trash talking"?

B.  We are the most experienced fans in the league when it comes to terrible offseasons.  This one has actually filled me with a lot more optimism than the last several.

I wouldn't so much call it trash talking. But rather you're looking for ways to try and feel better about your own inferior football team by discrediting ours.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I wouldn't so much call it trash talking. But rather you're looking for ways to try and feel better about your own inferior football team by discrediting ours.

I'm posting a stat that I saw on my timeline as it relates to another NFCE team, which is what this thread is for, and which Eagles fans have done countless times.

Since 2016, Washington has finished no better than 3rd in the division. Since switching to Haskins, Washington has arguably been the worst team in the league.

Since 2016, Ron Rivera averages 7.25 wins compared to 7.75 losses per season, and was fired for being bad at his job.

You can pretty much guarantee Washington will be somewhere between absolute crap and league average (at best) for the duration of the Haskins era, which should end after this season if Washington's FO has any idea how to run a football team (they don't) or evaluate QB's.

Edited by Jeezla