πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Someone check on @aceinthehouse

He's going to predict Terry McLaurin to catch 20 TDs this season.

"Haskins is poised to take the league by storm after losing some weight.

Terry is his only receiving threat.

It will be like watching Peyton Manning throwing to Marvin Harrison in their prime.

The secondaries in the NFC East are all really bad.

Redskins go 12-4 and win the NFC East.

Terry McLaurin catches 20 TD."

There you go Ace, I saved you sometime on your crazy prediction for this season.

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I bet with most of the trash he's had to throw to at WR (not TE) minus Alshon. Nelson can't catch , Torrey Smith suspect hands & 20 practice squad players in and out lol. Not even gonna mention everyone. We probably had a few forum posters in at WR these past couple seasonsΒ 

... with top 3 pass protection and TEs.

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

... with top 3 pass protection and TEs.

A lot of the time that pass protection was injured as well. Basically everything that could go wrong did go wrong for basically every team in the division last year.Β 

That "accurate pass %" I believe to be somewhat disingenuous. Wentz was making sure that either his guy could catch it, or no one was. If he had better WRs who could stretch the field and actually spread the defense, or just create separation period, then I very confidently believe that he would have had much better statistics in this regard. In a way, Wentz was throwing in the redzone every single play, because there were so many people in such a small amount of space, throwing it deep with who we had was more or less not an option ever.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

A lot of the time that pass protection was injured as well. Basically everything that could go wrong did go wrong for basically every team in the division last year.Β 

That "accurate pass %" I believe to be somewhat disingenuous. Wentz was making sure that either his guy could catch it, or no one was. If he had better WRs who could stretch the field and actually spread the defense, or just create separation period, then I very confidently believe that he would have had much better statistics in this regard. In a way, Wentz was throwing in the redzone every single play, because there were so many people in such a small amount of space, throwing it deep with who we had was more or less not an option ever.

This stat is since 2016 though...

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This stat is since 2016 though...

Even with that in mind, I'm skeptical of the validity of this stat. Based on those numbers, you'd be saying that the Eagles (middling at best) WRs actually reeled in 3 inaccurate passes every single game. And that's if you ignore drops. In that case I'm sure it's closer to 4, maybe 5 a game.Β 

Sorry but that math doesn't add up to me.