2019 Free Agency - Potential Targets

D82

16 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I love everyone wanting us to sign a burner deep threat wr.   For what, to run reverses and end arounds.    Even if they get 10 yards behind the defender, Dak isn't gonna be able to hit them.

I just want a replacement for Beasley. He was not a deep burner at all. Dak needs a quick, good route running slot guy. Not necessarily a deep speed fast guy. Those routes will be for Amari, and Gallup. 

20 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I just want a replacement for Beasley. He was not a deep burner at all. Dak needs a quick, good route running slot guy. Not necessarily a deep speed fast guy. Those routes will be for Amari, and Gallup. 

I would like to see Amari moved to the slot on 3rd downs while in motion. He is a big play WR that can break the tackle and make the catches. 

Greg Dortch or De' Andre Tompkins could be Beasley's replacement late in the draft on day 3 , but I would like to see a big bodied receiver to compliment Cooper's style of game like Akeem Butler 6-6" 225 lbs. , Shawn Poindexter 6-4" 220 lbs. , Preston Williams 6 -4" 210lbs. , Xavier Obusi 6-3" 218 lbs. or Ron Quavion Tarver 6-3" 215 lbs.

On 2/1/2019 at 1:42 PM, SweetFancyMoses said:

I love everyone wanting us to sign a burner deep threat wr.   For what, to run reverses and end arounds.    Even if they get 10 yards behind the defender, Dak isn't gonna be able to hit them.

Well having someone that can at least threaten the defense further downfield is still useful. Dak corked up some pretty good long balls as a rookie, and here and there the last two years. I don't think wheels, go's, fades are out of his repertoire at all (posts might be another story). Of all the flaws in Dak's game, the deep ball would seem to be one of the more easily fixed.

But moreover, more than a "deep threat", the thinking is that another WR that can at least play on the perimeter to some extent would permit us the ability to move Cooper and Gallup around more. It might be hard to find a WR that can play multiple positions as a rookie late Day 2, but you never know.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:42 AM, SweetFancyMoses said:

Post here more. Seriously. It’s tiring being one of about 5 people in this forum who feels the way you do. Quincy can’t consistently hit the broad side of a God damned barn, and consistently missing the easy throws make me want to puke.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:32 AM, atran35 said:

I would like to see Amari moved to the slot on 3rd downs while in motion. He is a big play WR that can break the tackle and make the catches. 

That’s true but part of Cooper value is he demands attention on the outside opening up space in side for the routes Beasley was good at and also freeing up space for the TE.    I just think to complement Coop and Gallup we need a quick precise route runner who is a miss match for LB and safety’s. I had hopes Austin would fill this roll but he seems unable to run precise routes

On 2/2/2019 at 4:08 PM, cowboysdreamer said:

Greg Dortch or De' Andre Tompkins could be Beasley's replacement late in the draft on day 3 , but I would like to see a big bodied receiver to compliment Cooper's style of game like Akeem Butler 6-6" 225 lbs. , Shawn Poindexter 6-4" 220 lbs. , Preston Williams 6 -4" 210lbs. , Xavier Obusi 6-3" 218 lbs. or Ron Quavion Tarver 6-3" 215 lbs.

Yea people talking about all the small deep threats but Daks best year was when he had large possession targets to throw to. I'm not opposed to a burner but they better determine if that's what's best for Dak instead of what's best for the team because in this case they are not the same thing. 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:27 AM, plan9misfit said:

Post here more. Seriously. It’s tiring being one of about 5 people in this forum who feels the way you do. Quincy can’t consistently hit the broad side of a God damned barn, and consistently missing the easy throws make me want to puke.

maybe because the majority know you and your 5 are wrong ;)

52 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Considering many members of the media, analysts, former players, former coaches, current coaches (read: their defensive game plans) and Vegas agrees with us, I’ll stick with my feelings, thank you. The only ones who defend Quincy are....wait for it.....Cowboys fans.

Seriously, if he played on any other team, you’d talk about how poor his accuracy is and how poor his pocket awareness is, and how limited he makes an offense.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Considering many members of the media, analysts, former players, former coaches, current coaches (read: their defensive game plans) and Vegas agrees with us, I’ll stick with my feelings, thank you. The only ones who defend Quincy are....wait for it.....Cowboys fans.

Seriously, if he played on any other team, you’d talk about how poor his accuracy is and how poor his pocket awareness is, and how limited he makes an offense.

Yeah they have the ability to notice when Goff has a bad game but I've heard that group make plenty of excuses for Dak throwing 220 yards and 0 TDs. 

"BuT guRleY OnLy hAd 35 yaRdZ on hiS TEn rUNs!" It's his fault!!

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I think we can win with Dak,  but I don't think Jerry, and Garrett(trying to save his job) are willing to cop up to the player that Dak is and what his limits are.    This Oline gets healthy, and Smith returns to form,   we roll run heavy,   with Dak under center,  a ton of play action, designed rollouts and qb draws, and screens  and Dak can look good.  He is big, athletic and throws well on the run.   He is not and will not become an accurate pocket and deep ball thrower.   Another thing we must do on offense is run and throw from the same formation(s), and mix up running and throwing on 1st down. 

I don't think this will happen, because then the front office would have to admit Dak's not a franchise qb, and they don't want the fans thinking this team isn't a Super Bowl contender.

Also,  I could care less what the media, ex players think.   Young qb's get way too much credit for being on a good team, and get anointed the next great franchise qb.  Look how everyone was all over Trubisky and Goff's jocks this year.  Neither of them is a top 15 QB, and that's ok.  Just don't embarass yourself and say Dak is anywhere near the qb Romo was.

I created a wish list for Free Agent signings some are re-signings others are from other teams..

WR: Chris Conley*, Phillip Dorsett, Breshad Perriman, Andre Roberts*

TE: Nick Boyle*

OL: Cameron Fleming*, Marcus Martin*

DT: Darius Philon*

LB: Eli Harold, Ramik Wilson, Damien Wilson*

S: Earl Thomas********

* means I would prefer them

12 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah they have the ability to notice when Goff has a bad game but I've heard that group make plenty of excuses for Dak throwing 220 yards and 0 TDs

"BuT guRleY OnLy hAd 35 yaRdZ on hiS TEn rUNs!" It's his fault!!

Even so much to where they try to convince us that throwing for 300 yards is overrated and doesn’t result in wins.

I was posting yesterday during the game as to how terribly Goff was playing. He was brutal. Some of it was due to an inexperienced head coach being Pwned in the biggest game of his life by not being able to adjust to what the opposition was doing (that sounds familiar); some of it was due to the Rams abandoning the running game literally for no reason (that sounds familiar, too); some of it was that the game was too big for Goff and he melted under the pressure. Regardless, I have no confidence that we would’ve fared any better. We’ve lost to the Rams twice now with McVay as coach, and teams routinely game plan to force Quincy to beat us with his arm because they/we know he can’t.

New England’s game plan against us would’ve been simple: 9-10 man fronts, stop Zeke, and then sack the living hell outta Quincy. And with our halfwit head coach and drooling numbskull OC, we wouldn’t have been able to do a damned thing about it. Quincy isn’t talented enough to compensate for it, and none of the coaches are creative enough to plan against it. New England would’ve curbed stomped us.

Archived