22 minutes ago, D82 said:

I'm starting to think it plays out like this

2.58 - Juan Thornhill S, Virginia
3.90 - Isaiah Johnson CB, Houston
4.128 - Kingsley Keke DT, Texas A&M
4.136 - Mike Weber RB, Ohio State
5.165 - Lil'Jordan Humphrey WR, Texas 
7.241 - Ty Summers ILB, TCU 

I personally would be surprised if we spent our first two picks on the secondary. I'd be inclined to sup in a pass catcher (TE or WR) at #90.

26 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I personally would be surprised if we spent our first two picks on the secondary. I'd be inclined to sup in a pass catcher (TE or WR) at #90.

They seem really high on Johnson and Williams, so if one of those two were there at #90 I could see it. 

I'd be more inclined to say they'd take a WR/TE higher if not for the fact that they signed Cobb, re-signed Austin, Witten came back, etc.

55 minutes ago, D82 said:

I'm not fond of Keke but I would love this draft. Weber is very underrated and I think Humphrey can be a steal with the right coach. So hopefully JG doesnt take a hand in his development. 

43 minutes ago, D82 said:

They seem really high on Johnson and Williams, so if one of those two were there at #90 I could see it. 

I'd be more inclined to say they'd take a WR/TE higher if not for the fact that they signed Cobb, re-signed Austin, Witten came back, etc.

Cobb and Witten are on 1-year deals, so it' not really different than the possibility of losing Byron and/or Brown after this year.

I'm not opposed to drafting a cornerback. I just don't like the idea of spending both of our top-100 picks on the secondary. 

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Cobb and Witten are on 1-year deals, so it' not really different than the possibility of losing Byron and/or Brown after this year.

I'm not opposed to drafting a cornerback. I just don't like the idea of spending both of our top-100 picks on the secondary. 

Depending on who's there I would be ok with it.

A safety in the 2nd seems to have been telegraphed. I think from there, pass catcher and DL are being considered equally. If it were me, anyway, I wouldn’t have a real order between DE, DT, WR, and TE- just BPA between the four of them.

15 hours ago, matt79511 said:

A safety in the 2nd seems to have been telegraphed. I think from there, pass catcher and DL are being considered equally. If it were me, anyway, I wouldn’t have a real order between DE, DT, WR, and TE- just BPA between the four of them.

If there were other top prospects there I would agree but there isnt. And if Juan is there and we go with Ferguson or someone like that I would be pissed. 

I've done enough work on the safeties, and you can sign me up for any of the 4 visitors at #58, plus obviously Adderley, and you could easily convince me on Amani Hooker as well. I think all 6 of those guys would walk in here and make an impact this season. They are all good.

I can't see a DE that would be preferable to any of the safeties at #58. I wouldn't be upset about a DT; there will likely be a good one in that range, but I don't see the Cowboys doing that.

If the WRs fall (N'Keal Harry?), that is a possibility that would make me pause on drafting a safety. And I really love Sternberger, so wouldn't be disappointed in any scenario where he ended up a Cowboy.

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I've done enough work on the safeties, and you can sign me up for any of the 4 visitors at #58, plus obviously Adderley, and you could easily convince me on Amani Hooker as well. I think all 6 of those guys would walk in here and make an impact this season. They are all good.

I can't see a DE that would be preferable to any of the safeties at #58. I wouldn't be upset about a DT; there will likely be a good one in that range, but I don't see the Cowboys doing that.

If the WRs fall (N'Keal Harry?), that is a possibility that would make me pause on drafting a safety. And I really love Sternberger, so wouldn't be disappointed in any scenario where he ended up a Cowboy.

I'm with you on the safeties, but I wish we would've shown some more interest in Darnell Savage so he could be a part of the equation.

5 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I'm with you on the safeties, but I wish we would've shown some more interest in Darnell Savage so he could be a part of the equation.

I'm guessing he doesn't fit what they are looking for. I like him as well, but I trust the decision-makers on it. If they like him and and surprise us by drafting him, I'll be happy, certainly.

On 4/9/2019 at 3:12 PM, D82 said:

That would be awesome. 

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Do you think it's possible that we have been heavily researching a prospect we haven't invited as our main target?

Archived