Dallas Cowboys - NFL Draft Prospect Meetings

canadaluvsdallas

Per Todd Archer....

Eastern Michigan defensive lineman Maxx Crosby is visiting the Cowboys today at The Star. Since he went to high school locally he does not count against the team's national visitors. Crosby had 7.5 sacks and 19 tackles for loss last season.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Per Todd Archer....

Eastern Michigan defensive lineman Maxx Crosby is visiting the Cowboys today at The Star. Since he went to high school locally he does not count against the team's national visitors. Crosby had 7.5 sacks and 19 tackles for loss last season.

YESSSSS! Finally some talent we can draft. Not 2nd round talent granted, but he has a good first step and is the type of guy Marenelli likes.

14 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Per Todd Archer....

Love it. Was secretly hoping we’d bring him in but didn’t want to get my hopes up.

Kid’s just clearly a different talent on the field.

I don't watch much Texas Longhorn football, but why is there not that much interest in Charles Omenihu.   Big guy 6'5" 280lbs 36" Arm length.   18 TFL and 9.5 sacks in 2018.   Seems like he could be a Tyrone Crawford replacement.   A guy that could play outside on early downs and move to DT on passing downs.

17 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I don't watch much Texas Longhorn football, but why is there not that much interest in Charles Omenihu.   Big guy 6'5" 280lbs 36" Arm length.   18 TFL and 9.5 sacks in 2018.   Seems like he could be a Tyrone Crawford replacement.   A guy that could play outside on early downs and move to DT on passing downs.

The team has shown plenty of interest, but he doesn't excite the fans much. 9.5 sacks in the big 12 is a big deal because of the quick throw spread offenses.

But we just gave DLaw over $20m per year, we traded for Robert Quinn who is already penciled in as a starter. People are low key still excited about Randy Gregory, and don't seem to think he will miss the whole year, and then of course our 1st round pick the year before last was a big 6'6" 280 pound DE named Taco Charlton who had 13.5 sacks coming out of Michigan.

Then we still have Tyrone Crawford as of now.

Drafting another DE tweener with our first pick is not ideal for me when we are already going to have to cut Taco or Dorance Armstrong because we have to many bodies as is.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

The team has shown plenty of interest, but he doesn't excite the fans much. 9.5 sacks in the big 12 is a big deal because of the quick throw spread offenses.

But we just gave DLaw over $20m per year, we traded for Robert Quinn who is already penciled in as a starter. People are low key still excited about Randy Gregory, and don't seem to think he will miss the whole year, and then of course our 1st round pick the year before last was a big 6'6" 280 pound DE named Taco Charlton who had 13.5 sacks coming out of Michigan.

Drafting another DE tweeter with our first pick is not ideal for me when we are already going to have to cut Taco or Dorance Armstrong because we have to many bodies as is.

rumor has it taco is moving to DT to take of that crawford flex spot.

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Really? I’ve speculated on this but haven’t seen it rumored by anyone in the know. Who said? This would be great, IMO

i read it on reddit when we signed quinn. it was a tweet if i remember, but not sure from who.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Drafting another DE tweeter with our first pick is not ideal for me when we are already going to have to cut Taco or Dorance Armstrong because we have to many bodies as is.

What idiot would be excited about Randy Gregory?   David Irving/Josh Gordon fans?

Taco has been a bust.  I would welcome a move to DT for him.   With the signings of Hyder and Covington, if we drafted Omenihu,  we could perceivably cut Crawford and save $6 or $7 mil in cap space depending upon whether he's a July 1 cut.  Then couldn't Armstrong backup DLaw?

7 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

What idiot would be excited about Randy Gregory?   David Irving/Josh Gordon fans?

Taco has been a bust.  I would welcome a move to DT for him.   With the signings of Hyder and Covington, if we drafted Omenihu,  we could perceivably cut Crawford and save $6 or $7 mil in cap space depending upon whether he's a July 1 cut.  Then couldn't Armstrong backup DLaw?

Me. If its true that all he did was miss a therapy session than he has been getting tested monthly for 2 years with no  fails.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Me. If its true that all he did was miss a therapy session than he has been getting tested monthly for 2 years with no  fails.

And it's likely he ends up back this year at some point. 

14 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Stephen Jones. When asked about Robert Quinn he said he was excited to see him coming off the right side with DLaw on the left and Randy rotating in there. 

No mention of Taco or any other DE, and obviously well after the suspension was announced. 

That told me that he knows RG will be back this year.

Taco has been a bust.

Which is why people aren't stoked to take a less productive similar statured DE with our first pick just 2 years later.

With the signings of Hyder and Covington, if we drafted Omenihu,  we could perceivably cut Crawford and save $6 or $7 mil in cap space depending upon whether he's a July 1 cut.  Then couldn't Armstrong backup DLaw?

I've wanted to cut Crawford for about 3 years now and with his off season cop fight I'm still down.

Archived